【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

INeedMoreLumens: “More Lumens.”

Username checks out. :grinning:

2 Thanks

You don’t need to dedome :laughing:
Output is about the same. CRI is a bit lower, specially r9.

2 Thanks

Couldn’t agree more. What you said is pretty much how I feel about all lights with integrated charging built into the light. Especially if they use a rubber flap. A flap or built-in charging has to be really well designed for me to consider it, and I rarely use it on the lights that have it. I think an ultralight charger like the Nitecore LC10, Olight UC charger, or Xtar PB2S are a far better solution for charging on the go. Or if the light must have charging built in, using 18650/21700s with usb-c ports built into the battery are great. Many also work as battery banks, and can be used to add integrated charging to many lights (including many convoys) without any of the sacrifices you mention.

There are a few exceptions, and I recognize many non-enthusiasts appreciate the feature (but also, I think, don’t consider the downsides), edit: and also many enthusiasts of course, but generally integrated charging is a con for me at least

3 Thanks

I mostly don’t like it, but if you have a light that has integrated charging and you really wish it didn’t, you could consider filling the charging port with epoxy.

1 Thank

Thank you very much! What I don’t like when I add the magnet to the rubber button is that the switch is a bit too recessed. The metal switch in my S2+ with the magnet is much easier to click (and has a deep enough travel to not light up by itslef). I really like it.
Maybe there’s a way of raising the button under the tactile silicone? Maybe one or two layers of cotton fabric would add a bit of height while keeping the rubber dome flexible.

1 Thank

Not really. The domed 519A beats the 719A in output: Nichia 719A 5000K R9050 tested - #6 by thefreeman

Given the low dedome loss for the 519A, the dedomed 519A will be comparable to the 719A in output; in fact, if one compares emitters with the same dedomed CCT, I would not be surprised if the dedomed 519A is still higher, despite being 9080 instead of the 719A’s 9050. Given the difference in R9, it is pretty clear that the 719A has lower efficiency.

Lower efficiency, lower CRI, weird Vf…I don’t see the appeal of the 719A at all.

4 Thanks

Well, now I’m interested. 6v means the (boost?) driver usually costs a coupla bucks more, but is more efficient.

1 Thank

The reality is that the majority of consumers want flashlights with internal charging, and it makes financial sense for manufacturers to follow their customers needs.

3 Thanks

The test you linked is “519A vs 719A at the same power”

The 719A can handle more power than the 519A and thus produce More Lumens.

Shhh, don’t tell anyone but in the 6v realm I like the B35AM.

Edit: I was Wrong!

1 Thank

USB charging is a complete gimmick.

Its a direct water entry path.

You cant use the light for the entire time its charging.

Most intenal chargers have some issues with over charging.

Speaking for me personally, I always seem to think the flap is the power button (in the dark.)

5 Thanks

Look at the graph again–it displays the outputs of both emitters at the same power, for a large range of power values, 0 to 30W. The 719A’s output falls off faster than the 519A at extreme currents–the power handling is actually worse!

And high CRI emitters are not supposed to be driven at high power. The test indicates a sharp falloff in CRI (with a growing blue spike) at higher currents.

4 Thanks

Yep, I agree with @Jeffgoldblum completely. :+1:
By the way, I loved you in The Fly (1986). :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, I haven’t seen a whole lot of Jeff Goldblum movies, but I have watched a massive amount of late night talk shows, and Goldblum has been a regular guest on the late night talk shows that I like (Letterman, Conan, Ferguson, Colbert, Fallon, etc.)
Goldblum is the perfect late night talk show guest. :grin:

Actually there are more of them. I have two green ones, blue and purple.

it’s compatible

2 Thanks

Ok thanks, I’ll go buy some flat top 14500 battery that is common on the market and measure the actual length of it.

3 Thanks

Sorry, my German WEEE number is still being registered, and I have been registered for almost half a year.

1 Thank

This policy has been in effect since July, and currently all products are blocked.

1 Thank

16mm switch for S21A, 20mm switch for S21B

after Oct.

1 Thank

Always nice to meet a fan.

But Martin Short is the best talk show guest of all time :laughing: