【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

i’m not sure ,do you need M21A host with reverse switch

friend, Compared with the 18650 flashlight, the 21700 flashlight is not much larger in size, but the 21700 flashlight is compatible with the 21700 and 18650 batteries.

If you are trying to make a minimum size quad flashlight, I think the 18650/18350 quad flashlight is understandable.

Yes Simon, there are many people who are interested in the M21A and S21A with reverse switch. We discussed it earlier in the thread when the M21A was launched.

hello simon.
how a different between L21A and M21A?

L21A = 21700 L2
M21A = 21700 C8+

Does this happen too with the M21A and L21A?

It’s a pity we can’t use one of the best 21700 cells at the moment

Actually, LR2170SF and M50A seem to be 22700 cells. :-P

I really hope Simon will still offer a choice between forward clicky and reverse clicky as the latter one is known to make problems, causing substantial additional resistance at high currents (> 8A). This additional resistance cannot be measured with the tail cap off. For the time being, I will stick to the forward clicky switch.

E-switches and Andùril for everyone!

Anduril is a terrible UI for non-flashoholics and muggles, which are the vast majority of people buying Convoys.

True; I’ll just learn how to make it happen myself :stuck_out_tongue:

We just need Convoy hosts with separate side switches like the Emisar D4…. The muggles can have a standard Convoy UI driver. Flashaholics can choose something like Lexel’s drivers

This. Need to stop calling it the best of anything cause many other cells would be as good or better if they were out of spec too. Simon should not support this out of principle. It’s stupid to expect every 21700 flashlight to support one company and their cheating ways

18650batterystore.com lists the first as 21.7mm in diameter. :person_facepalming:
Anyway, I think it is a good practice to have some tolerance when you desing battery compartment. I have a Tesco light, but some of my AA cells (primary or rechargeable, doesn’t matter) tightens in it, and hard to get out.

As for the Convoy lights, e.g. the L6 have some nice clearance around the 26650 batteries. It took me some time to find out, what the hell makes that racket: the lamp bike holder, or the batteries in the lamp :smiley:

The tolerance gives rattle.

When I put 2 Keeppower 6000 in my L6 it's quite a tight fit. Nothing rattles. :-)

Yes, because it is 26.8mm x 69!mm. It is normal that it does not rattle. If you fit it with a standard 26650 it rattles a little. I prefer no rattle to be honest :slight_smile:

My point exactly. We have all seen what happen with the 26650 batteries. Everyone goes in to every new light thread and begs for it to fit Shockli 5500/plb5500. This is nonsense and we do not need to go through this again with 21700. Make batteries to spec and make lights to fit those. The consequences are rattling tubes, crappy steel springs, overly long/wide lights (they aren’t just too wide they are too LONG too, see Fireflies E07 debacle)

What ever happened with the titanium AA light mentioned last week?

@Mark Piezo, I wouldn’t risk it.

I would get this driver instead:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/17mm-Driver-for-SST40-4-modes-0-1-3-30-100-max-current-output-5000mA-Temperature/330416_33007449093.html

Same firmware, but lower current.

Yes, I would recommend the 5 ampere version for the SST-20 in general.

For no mode memory, I would ask Simon for one without it.