Convoy S6 clip options

Apologies if this has been covered but I’ve tried searching and not found anything - has anyone found a good pocket clip for the S6? I’ve tried the Convoy clip-on one and it doesn’t fit very well and the screw on one looks like the ends of the screws poke the switch boot. I don’t mind about deep carry particularly, but it can’t impede tail-standing, which happily strikes the Thyrm off my list as it costs nearly as much as the light does.

This is the one thing I’m not 100% happy with with my S6.

On my S2+ I used the Convoy screw-in clip, but with shorter M2 screws I bought separately. These don’t poke the button, and the clip looks awesome and is very robust.

1 Thank

They touch but it doesn’t affect the switch or switch operation at all. I would classify it as a non-issue. You can also buy your own M2 screws if you really are concerned about that. Personally I don’t like how it looks, or how fidgety it is to put on or take off. However, it is likely your only option if you don’t like the clip-on clip. I don’t like that either, so I use the screw clip. The lesser of two weevils.

1 Thank

I might see if the clip on clip can be persuaded to go onto the knurled section where it should be so tight that it won’t move, but failing that I think next time I order from Simon I may have to get the screw on one.

Other than the clip situation the S6 is brilliant, mine has an SFT40 and it’s amazingly throwy.

1 Thank

Grind off the end of the screws with a dremel after installation

1 Thank

I actually really like the screw on clip I think it’s perfect. Besides installation that’s a pain. Very finicky. I recommend an extra set of hands. The long screws aren’t an issue they don’t seem to damage the boot and I don’t feel them. It makes for a nice deep carry

1 Thank

Someone on Reddit found a Thyrm-alike on AE, so I’ve ordered one. Might pick up the screw-on clip later in the month once Convoy’s open again.

They’ve also got clone LPC’s if you don’t fancy the big tactical finger rings. But they’re so cheap you can just get both.

That’s the one I went for, yours looks good. :+1:

This is the clip I put on my S6: 43MM (L) X 20MM (D) STAINLESS STEEL FLASHLIGHT POCKET CLIP

I put shrink tubing on the arms to help make it stick to the S6.