【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Sorry, The host is produced as a complete kit. I cannot sell a single part of it.

Simon, I have a random curiosity question. How did you choose the name Convoy for your business?

Great question! I am also curious.

Because its “rockin through the night” :sunglasses:

WOW!!!

*Short answer: That would be awesome! I'd love to continue this discussion. Please be patient and read on when you have time

Not so short answer: Thank you for always listening and answering us, this is the very reason I bought my first Convoy, this relationship between the brand and us makes every light that more meaningful and I'm happy to support Convoy and use the T2 every day. I remember you took the time to help me when I had just discovered BLF as I was looking for a good flashlight to use in the job. I contacted you through AliExpress, at the time T2 didn't have 219B so you recommended 219C.

When you say: "but quality is normal" I think you partially understood your customers. We really want something more, but it's not always the most expensive or the most lumens or candelas, it's the story it tells. My theory is that we buy what makes us happy, and numbers will always be meaningless after some time, but a good story will never go out of fashion, I believe special editions made of titanium should come after the light already have a great story behind it and for that a special place in our hearts, so my suggestion would be for now save titanium for a commemorative version of the lights that made Convoy special, something like the S2 in titanium or S2+ or any light that already made history and for that deserves a special edition.

I suggest that a new penlight has to have a special story first so perhaps we could start one here in BLF with the input of the potential clients?

atomix just started a thread about the perfect medical penlight if you have the time.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/59397

PS: Many brands try to create a storyline with some success but most of the time it sounds artificial because it has no substance, no real people behind it, just marketing material

Price for T4?

This could be awesome!

I would have to set two requirements:

OD is less than 17mm, ideally ~14.5mm

Swappable TIR in a size with various beam angles. Yajiamei ‘13.1mm’ optics look to be a good candidate.

I got L6 GT-FC40 recently and noticed some strange behaviour: when I switch to medium (10%) it sometomes blinks three times and switches to low. I checked and cells were at 3.9 volts. Is this a bug, or some undocumented feature?

Anyone know if the current S6 has new, square threads?

yes it has (i just buy one)

Hello! :-)

Here is a related thread about the Nichia NV4WB35AM. Besides this product page at Nichia, with datasheet here, which lists an absolute maximum continuous forward current of 1800mA, Agro posted a related output graph:

The max recommended current for the NV4WB35AM in the graph curves is 2500mA, this data is wrong according to the datasheet.

Both NV4B35AM peaked at ≈4.2A.

So we have 1800mA as maximum continuous current in the datasheet (max 2400mA pulse), and according to the above test 4.2A as absolute maximum current, with declining output beyond that.

With this in mind, any of the currently available 3A 6V XHP50 drivers (like this one) are a perfect fit for the NV4WB35AM. I'd love it in 3500K or 3000K. O:)

P.S.: the M21D just needs a 3A XHP50 driver with a small side switch mod to use the NV4B35AM.

Thank you

Hello Simon,

I purchased a M21B XHP 50.2 a couple of months ago. The flashlight is great, period. But there are a couple of things that would make it even better to suit my needs.

The flashlight does not feature a USB port to charge the battery. I don’t want to use an external charger either, so I use batteries that come with an integrated USB port. Right now I use a Keeppower 18650 3200mAh. Keeppower provides a bigger 21700 version of this battery, but it does not fit into the M21B because of it’s length. It would be great if you could offer a longer battery tube or an additional tail cap that would provide the extra space that is needed.

When it’s cold and windy outside, the M21B will not step down from 100 % to around 50 to 60 % because it doesn’t get too hot. On the one hand that’s great, but on the other hand the battery becomes depleted quite fast. See the two graphs below:

I selected the 1 , 10, 35 , 100 driver option. Sometimes the 35 % power is not enough for my needs whereas 100 % is a little bit of an overkill, especially with regards to power consumption. I really like the M21B as an additional bike headlamp to support my Lumintop B01. Because of the airflow while cycling in the winter the M21B will not step down but run on full throttle until the battery dies. But still I want to be able to use the full power of 100 % at times, so I don’t want to select the 0.1, 1, 10, 50 driver option. It would just be great if you could add a 60 % mode to the 1 , 10, 35 , 100 option. If you would offer that kind of driver (sold separately) I would instantly jump in to buy it.

If my recommendations might not be economically viable to your business, I will understand.

Many od us don’t want USB charging built in. It makes the flashlight not water tight and dramatically reduces modding capability.

Why don’t you choose the Convoy model that already had USB charging built in?

Hello Einstein,

you slightly misinterpret my suggestion to Simon. I didn’t ask him to add a USB charging feature to the M21B but I proposed to him to offer an additional battery tube or tail cap that would fit protected 21700 batteries that feature a USB charging port.

Right now it looks like this when inserting such a battery into the M21B:

Have you tried replace the springs to shorter one? It helps a lot sometimes.

I see. You are right, I thought you demanded to install the port.

Another question is if Simon’s drivers get along with protected batteries well. Some drivers (eg those from Emisar) do not.

What you can do is to try replacing spring (one or both) with copper disc to make more room.

I would hazard a guess that very few people here would choose to use cells with integrated charging unless absolutely necessary.

Yeh. It’s good for The Muggle who wants that convenience, but the kind of people who’d choose a hi-performance light likely wouldn’t want that at all.