convoy shipping time

Yea i know i always use the Australia post option but it is gone if you have batteries in your cart

about 3-4 weeks to bali

I was under the impression that he used epacket delivery for lights. With estimated 10-15 day delivery. Over a month seems excessive.
Maybe the batteries take longer because of Sweden post. But just because one item needs slow shipping does not mean ship the whole order with the slow option? At least give the chance to pay what ever extra is needed to get the faster shipping for the items that are not hazmat.
I learned a lesson, to get the fast shipping order things separately.
When I order gearbest I expect it to take time unless I pay for faster shipping.
But when I buy from a known and trusted seller I feel I can rely on his estimated shipping opinion.

All bets are off when trying to get li-ions from china. Due to restrictions Simon won’t even ship batteries anymore, unless you’re in russia.

If you’re in the usa, why didn’t you order the li-ions from mtn electronics instead?

I’ve ordered from simon a few times… before Christmas one order was here in about 14 days and tracking was working after a few days with the epacket…. the other times were 3-4
wks…. currently waiting on a c8 and s2—-tracking didn’t start til after 10 days and just left
china

I should have. Or rtd vapor. The order was done for a friend of mine, he was using his card on my account. We were on coffee break and time was short, so he added them to the cart.
I didn’t think it would make the two lights ship slower than the time Simon estimated. Gearbest may have him beat at this point!!

Except gearbest would have sent you the wrong item, twice. :D Then try to give you a “refund” in the form of a 10% store credit. 8| I believe gearbest is currently the worst chinese store. Sb marked it as “avoid” quite awhile ago. Yet people are still lured by GBs prices. And if your lucky it goes fine. Rating: Gearbest.com [AVOID]

Li-ions from china have been a problem for years now. And even without li-ions in the package, the estimated shipping time is, just that, only an estimation. Mtn electronics is the place to use if you don’t want to risk the chinese shipping black hole.

Just curious…… why do you guys here in the USA buy from these places across the ‘pond’ ???
It seems like there are always complaints about shipping time, something not working, return or warranty issues.

Is it because they are having a special “deal” on a particular item, prices cheaper in general, more stuff to choose from

I’m not trying to start a war, I am just honestly curious.
Maybe there is something I am missing out on. :wink:

Sometimes they are the only ones with a certain product in stock. Trust me there was no money savings over mtnelectronics. For the price of those batteries he could have bought 30q button tops and saved.
It was my first order from convoy directly. All I read were raving reviews. Truth is it is the same as buying from any other over the pond dealer.
I am not a happy customer from convoy.

You arcan right. Hopefully all will be correct when lights arrive. I would have had a better product and over all price from mtnelectronics. I have learned where to order

Thanks for the reply ‘JakeDjanitor’, I appreciate it. And please don’t think I was just singling you out, cause that was not the case. I just read your post and then several replies with tales of woe from others… That along with many other threads I’ve read before about other people’s bad experiences with different dealers half way around the world and I just had to ask.

Hope your stuff shows up before long ……… :slight_smile:

No problem, no offense taken, don’t get me wrong I have been able to purchase some great items at a great price from over seas. But when I make my purchase normally I expect it to take time, but the time is worth the savings. Like $25 Olight s30 on a presale. Or 4 ncr18650b 3400 mah for $18 shipped. They have loads to choose from and prices are truly low many times. Not all times.
To be honest I will continue to purchase when I see a deal I cannot pass on, but only if I can wait until it is in. I ordered because convoy had them in stock and said estimated 10-15 days I would not have ordered if I thought they too would take over 30 days.
But anyhow, I think if you see a great deal. Hop on it, just use PayPal. Most purchases will come in. It’s just a long wait at times. And at times products are wrong or broken haha it can test your patience at times.
I have made two ordered from mtnelectronics and they come in in a few days. They are packed so perfectly and carefully. The shop just does not have as much as banggood or fast tech, ( how could he?) but for flashlights he carries, and flashlight modding, ( just started) I am now preferring to order from them. They are top notch.

My 2 packets got stuck in Sweden…one for 3 weeks, second 2 weeks so far….worst post ever. Also Sweden tends to lost your luggage when travelling by plane. BEWARE! :slight_smile:

I ordered 3 deep carry clips from Convoy”s Aliexpress store, took nearly 90 days to arrive & are still showing as being in China according to the tracking :person_facepalming:

I am hoping nothing got lost… =/

I also ordered two of those with the order, the way he has stuff listed saying e-packet deliver 10-15 days is complete nonsense.
just because you choose a certain method, he will decide which one he ships in the end.
OK batteries need Sweden post. fine. But don’t change my e-packet flashlight delivery to Sweden post !
I want to simply just cancel and refund order. But who knows where it all is.

The long shipping time had nothing to do with Simon (Convoy) in my case as he despatched the clips within a few days, it was down to the carrier.
It is my only experience with Aliexpress & is the longest delivery time I have ever experienced from China to the UK.
Normally items take 2-3 weeks using GearBest, BangGood, Everbuying etc although Chinese New Year messed up two orders from GearBest, one lost & re-shipped after waiting 60 days after shipping & one will be declared lost next week unless it turns up (again 60 days after being shipped) & be re-shipped.

why is it that things get lost, I pay tracking, and many times tracking does not work.

I didn”t pay tracking.
At the end of the day if the matter isn”t sorted out there is always paypal to reimburse you.

Lights came in today! But the batteries were not in package…. Front said it contain lion. But no cells inside. I messaged Simon, I would like the batteries canceled, I will be ordering from another source.