【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

That’s a bit too much to ask LOL. It’s so niche since not many are trying to cram multiple channels into a small host.

3 Thanks

If the maximum current can reach 8amperes.I don’t think the FET channel is necessary.What’s your opinion?

5 Thanks

FET is useful for triple-emitter lights, while keeping them efficient in lower modes.

IMO it’s useless to have a separate FET path just to have 10 seconds of turbo. There are FET+n+1 already for this kind of build. A buck driver shouldn’t have additional complication like that.

11 Thanks

Yes, that’s what I think. I think FET is just to get the maximum brightness.Since the output current of the driver circuit can reach eight amperes, I don’t think it makes sense to use FET

12 Thanks

@Simon_Mao Hoooo friend. I like the tactical rings but one feedback → silicone is a magnet for dust particles. In real life usage it will look like this quickly: https://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/attachments/20230407_123750-jpg.154519/

Do we have an idea for a better compound in the future which does not need so much cleaning? :smiley:

Its good for lights that can benefit from extra power and can use it properly like multi LED lights. Having tht extra power on tap is nice, however its not mandatory if you can get a 17mm buck driver to 6 amp or 8 amp like the 22mm one in the L21A and L21B. Thats a nice driver.

1 Thank

I can’t view that image without logging in.

I have a few silicone grip rings and don’t have a problem with dust. Especially not when I’m actually using the light. Dust does stick to them but it’s not a crazy amount. After they get some use and the oil from your hand gets on them, they attract less dust and it’s easier to wipe off.

Even if they are dust magnets I guess it’s just not something of concern to me, as it doesn’t affect the function. Not to say it’s invalid as feedback, look and feel are important too, sometimes more important! I guess I’m just not bothered by the look of a dusty grip ring, or I just wipe it off. Always interesting to see how our preferences differ.

Also I can’t think of a better material that will fit flashlights from 24-27mm. That’s the advantage of the stretchy silicone.

But I don’t know much about silicone/rubber. I do have some grip rings that are better than others as far as dust goes.

And I have some that are made of a stiffer rubber/silicone/plastic with kind of a matte finish, that don’t really attract dust at all. They also don’t flex that much, so Simon would need to offer 2 or 3 different sizes to fit 24-27mm tubes. They are nicer to use overall though.

1 Thank

If you want to post an example picture just post it here. Why post a link to a forum that requires sign up?

1 Thank

Dust can be easily washed away with water.Don’t worry about this little problem.

9 Thanks

@Simon_Mao

I am about to place an order for S21D with 219B 4500K. Want to quickly confirm before I do the purchase.

Do you still use the 219B bin from the youtube video a while ago for S21D? L7K0C4-sw45kD220L2R9080?

And do the 219B 8A buck driver also ship with springs on driver side too?

Yes, the same BIN.
it is spring now.

2 Thanks

yeah Simon uses the good bin :drooling_face:

Simon, when will the 4000K 50.3 HI be in stock again?

Sorry, I’m not sure yet.

1 Thank

a new flashlight model with 35mm TIR lens ,
XHP70.3 LED or GT FC40 LED inside

11 Thanks

Will flashing pads be available on a similar driver? I’ve previously had to use a soic8 clip or similar. Thank you!

Looking good!

Nice! I like TIRs more and more.

1 Thank

Thank you for the quick response. Ordered.