【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Simon, you mentioned being able to get the SST-20 in a rosy 4000K bin (FA1, FA4, FD1 or FD4). How’s that going?

I’ve ordered 2 of these drivers for my S11 hosts, but I’m sure I’m going to replace them with a Biscotti driver and 17 mm adapter. This… is a weird UI.

Since Sofirn SP33 looks quite similar to Convoy S11, both using XHP50.2, 26650 and ATR, it will be interesting to see what brand that has the highest sustainable output with less heat.

IMO, I would go with the S11.

Having NW color options makes it much more appealing.

It will also probably have the highest sustainable output since it uses bridged springs compared to a steel spring in the SP33.

It’s also a bit heavier.

I may be wrong though.

CK though has custom OSHPark boards to mod the SP33 with, so running a 3V XHP50.2, or other NW 3V LED's is nice with Anduril or NarsilM

I got the driver boards on order and a 2nd SP33 on order now.

The S11 is pretty hefty - I can weigh it tonight.

coughshamelesspromocough

Yeah, I’ve seen your review.

When I saw that bypass, I’m always sad that someone had to solder a wire to hard to solder to steel wire, even when gold plated.

I do wonder if I could convince Simon to use BeCu springs in his lights, like the C8+ SST-40 and S11, and even the Convoy L6.

On another note, I shipped the springs orders today, which included yours, but went after 5PM, so will be sent tomorrow.

That’d be a good idea - some good double springs, or good quality ones. And thanks; they’ll arrive when they arrive :slight_smile:

Simon, please consider a stronger clip in your newer designs. For me, the thinner metals clips are not that secure and bend over time. Thanks.

Another idea - have the clip only fit on in one spot if it’s only a tail switch; line up with the logo. I’ve got the Desert Tan S2+ that came with the black clip, but it still slides around a bit.

Perhaps something like the way Olight does it? Basically “removing” the groove except for where the clip goes.

LD25 can not output such big current,
i will ask LDCH if he can produce suitable driver for SST40 and the same current setting as LD25

sorry,i can not find these tints

Simon, are you going to make a 21700 light with an integrated shelf like the S3?

Thanks for the update. I was waiting to buy more SST-20s to see if you were getting them.

Can you put the C8 with SST-20 in the store? I want to be able to link to it in my recommendation list - explaining that it’s possible to special order is too complicated for the list.

I've been lingering with the idea of increasing the current output of an LD-25 via sense resistor modification. Adding an R020 would raise its maximum current to 4.5A, for example. I know I would need to somehow manage extra cooling for the onboard AON7520 MOSFET to avoid ;-) fireworks.

This newer SST-40 driver would thank a better interface. Luckily with a current sense adjustment it can be a no qualms better fit for lower current emitters. For example, an R020 plus 3x R050s is 4.4A at 40mV of sense voltage; an R010 plus an R050 is 4.8A.

Overall I like LDCH's drivers. I would prefer a newer much more powerful LD-29 style buck driver. Thrice (multiply by three) its maximum current drive please. I recently tried to mod one for higher output but it blew up, the onboard XC9220/XC9221 buck controller is unsuitable for using more powerful (higher input capacitance) MOSFETs, it cannot drive them.

Cheers

Inkidu, you posted a 7.5 Mb picture, it took forever to load, resizing it is more reader-friendly :wink:

Sorry about that. I’ve been setting my uploaded images for 100% and also thinking that there was some downsampling that was already going on from the links to photobucket.

17mm / 22mm driver for luminus sst40 LED has attiny13a onboard!

Other observations:

- no PWM

- lowest mode is around 26mA (tailcap current, regular multimeter)

- 10th brightness level is around 620mA (clamp meter) (full battery)

- 10th brightness level is around 630mA (3.3V battery)

- around 30 levels to choose from

- 100% mode current depends on LED and battery

- no memory

- reset (8 half clicks) resets all modes

• lighted tailcap works without modifications, but tailcap leds are dimmer than with other driver

Thanks for the input g_damian. A few questions:

• Is the lowest mode (3rd mode in 1% brightness I guess) ramping adjustable? I presume it is not but had to ask.
  • What is the total number of modes? Is it just 3 like the chart depicts, 2 standard modes plus 1 special?
  • 30 levels to choose from? How long does the ramping lasts?

Thanks.

^:)

OK ladies and gentleman the answer you have all been waiting for, Does this UI ramp and how do you do It?
Yes it does ramp. Just like the picture states. You full press and it goes to a blinding 100% with my 30q. If you decide to go to mode 2 (ramping) you must 1/2 press 2x then 5 times to configure. It will then automatically pulse at different brightness levels from low to high in about 25 pulses. You can stop at the one you want with a 1/2 press(edit or turn off) and it has memory.

Update.Mode 3
1 full press then 3 1/2 press gets you to mode 3. Strobe is default. To configure mode 3, 5 1/2 presses and it will pulse on low. 1 pulse for the 1st choice, 2 pulses for the 2nd etc. When you get to the one you want, choose it with a 1/2 press(edit,or turn off). I will have to practice in mode 3 but mode 1 and 2 are very easy.
This is very easy with it in hand. There was a loss in translation but together we figured things out. I give this a thumbs up. I love ramping.
Edit 2. The color looks neutral to me. Not orange or blue. Right in the middle where I prefer