【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Sorry about that. I’ve been setting my uploaded images for 100% and also thinking that there was some downsampling that was already going on from the links to photobucket.

17mm / 22mm driver for luminus sst40 LED has attiny13a onboard!

Other observations:

- no PWM

- lowest mode is around 26mA (tailcap current, regular multimeter)

- 10th brightness level is around 620mA (clamp meter) (full battery)

- 10th brightness level is around 630mA (3.3V battery)

- around 30 levels to choose from

- 100% mode current depends on LED and battery

- no memory

- reset (8 half clicks) resets all modes

• lighted tailcap works without modifications, but tailcap leds are dimmer than with other driver

Thanks for the input g_damian. A few questions:

• Is the lowest mode (3rd mode in 1% brightness I guess) ramping adjustable? I presume it is not but had to ask.
  • What is the total number of modes? Is it just 3 like the chart depicts, 2 standard modes plus 1 special?
  • 30 levels to choose from? How long does the ramping lasts?

Thanks.

^:)

OK ladies and gentleman the answer you have all been waiting for, Does this UI ramp and how do you do It?
Yes it does ramp. Just like the picture states. You full press and it goes to a blinding 100% with my 30q. If you decide to go to mode 2 (ramping) you must 1/2 press 2x then 5 times to configure. It will then automatically pulse at different brightness levels from low to high in about 25 pulses. You can stop at the one you want with a 1/2 press(edit or turn off) and it has memory.

Update.Mode 3
1 full press then 3 1/2 press gets you to mode 3. Strobe is default. To configure mode 3, 5 1/2 presses and it will pulse on low. 1 pulse for the 1st choice, 2 pulses for the 2nd etc. When you get to the one you want, choose it with a 1/2 press(edit,or turn off). I will have to practice in mode 3 but mode 1 and 2 are very easy.
This is very easy with it in hand. There was a loss in translation but together we figured things out. I give this a thumbs up. I love ramping.
Edit 2. The color looks neutral to me. Not orange or blue. Right in the middle where I prefer

I’ve been playing around with the SST40 C8 and found some interesting details.
If you set a brightness on mode 2 and beacon from mode 3. It will remember both your mode 2 brightness level and mode 3 choices. I am still having difficulty changing different choices for mode 3 but strobe is the easiest to set and the one I will use most anyway. It will be nice to navigate all the choices in mode 3. I am going to have to make a demonstration video as soon as I have mode 3 down.

The driver has 3 modes. It always starts in first mode. Double half presses activate second mode. Triple half presses activate third mode. Single half press goes back to first one. And so on.

Each mode is configurable (5 half presses). Configuration is memorized. Two modes are configurable with ramping. Ramping goes always up from current brightness, blinks at the top, rewinds to the bottom (the dimmest brightness). It takes around 5 seconds from the bottom to the top (it’s approximate, I didn’t measured it and will check later) 14 seconds and 5 seconds pause at the top, 19 seconds total. Third mode configuration blinks couple times, half press chooses option. So half press after 2 blinks chooses second configuration option for third mode.

It is quite simple firmware and interesting because it doesn’t use half presses to advance in modes, like biscotti. I like it, strobe can be disabled, modes can be configured 1-10-100%. Also it’s nice to have FET no PWM drivers available :slight_smile:

I’m wondering who will write custom firmware for this first :wink:

what about the clip on convoy S8?

you can order C8+ 219C and note ” SST20 in the remarks” ,or i will add correct link later

What amperage do you get on 100%? I know this will LED dependent i am wondering if the driver will be suitable for triples?

Simon, in case I want to order Clear C8+ with SST40 I can do that by leaving you a message?

It looks more durable but isn’t deep carry at all, unless the new light had the clip slot much closer to the tail of the light.

It is a current limiting linear driver stock configured for 8A (40mV sense voltage over the onboard 5mΩ sense resistor) on high mode. If not enough input voltage it won't attain 8A (or whatever) output, of course. The current limiting thing is done by the microcontroller tuning the MOSFET gate voltage for it to burn all excess voltage and power. This is the key difference versus an unregulated MOSFET driver in which the full battery voltage is used to open the MOSFET gate and lower modes are attained with PWM. In unregulated MOSFET drivers the MOSFET hardly gets any strain, in linears the MOSFET mostly bears it all. This is the reason for the super bigass AON6788 MOSFET in this driver.

:-)

I mean, it’s a super capable driver.

If this had Biscotti along with a copper shim, it would make for an excellent linear driver.

ok ,just note “clear body ” in the remarks

Convoy s2+ 21700 will use 16 or 20mm led star?

20MM

Will tbe s2+ 21700 have a copper pill?

yes ,copper pill

:+1: :heart_eyes: :beer: :smiley: p

Will the S2+ 21700 use the same reverse clicky switch as the normal S2+?