Convoy T3 - What's the actual output/runtime graph?

I was thinking of buying a Convoy T3 so i started reading reviews but I found two very different output/runtime graphs:

1. This one from ZeroAir (here you can find the complete review) basically says that the MAX output will last for a couple of minutes at 370 lumens and will then drop to around 210 lumens (on an ICR cell);
  2. This other one from 1Lumen (here you can find the complete review) basically says that the MAX output will last for as long as possibile before shutting down (on an IMR cell).

It’s also curious that both graphs show a minor step down (about 5-10% lower output) halfway through the life of the battery on MAX output.

I don’t know if there has been a change in the driver used and these two graphs are based on different drivers or if it’s because of the different cells used (but I wouldn’t think so, the current draw looks too low to make the ICR and IMR cells behave significantly different - but I have next to zero knowledge about this so please correct me if I’m wrong), but do you know what behavior a new T3 will have?

Keep in mind I’m wondering why in one case there is a huge step down after a couple of minutes while there is none in the other, I’m not asking about the total runtime differences of course because the batteries used for the tests were different.

Also, do you know if it’s possibile to ask Simon to put the new 13 groups driver in a T2 body (maybe leaving a note while purchasing)?

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

1 Thank

You can contact him via PM here

or on his Aliexpress Store page. There are also a few active threads here where he reads and responds to questions from time to time. So you can ask him yourself.

Here is an example:

Thank you for pointing me to Simon’s contacts, will soon pick a T2 with the 13 groups driver, and maybe a T3 as well… and that S2+ looks nice… :smiley: