Convoy T4

Yeah exactly. Why not just fix the problem by simply tweaking LVP, or even just offer a non-LVP version and let people choose. Should be very easy I guess.

It’s really sad since T4 has such good potential as a leave-in-the-car backup light.

I wouldn’t be confident to leave Eneloops in cars. They may not catch fire or explode or anything. But I assume they’d lose charge under extreme temps…

I prefer the white Eneloop… I have bought more white to replace the old black ones that only have half the lumen output of same age white ones… iow, the black wear out faster…

that black battery in the photo, powers a Ti3 w 3000k 219b, that lives in the bathroom. I only use the lowest mode, so the old worn down black battery works fine

I use low and medium modes on my indoor lights… no need for high mode indoors.

For a bathroom light, it does not matter that the old black eneloop only gives 30 lumens on High, nor do I need the white ones that give 50 lumens in the same light…

Trust but Verify, your assumptions

post 33 has some details of my experience (tldnr: I use Eneloops in my car lights)

I’m actually planning to test my assumptions. Ordered some Eneloops last night.

Might have to wait a year to test low temp performance though. Winter just passed. Or leave in a freezer to simulate?

Winter at where I live can get to –10F, while summer 105F.

Same issue with mine.

Simon updated the description to say that lithium AAs don’t work with the current version. That makes it sound like there with be a fix with the next batch.

Both of mine do not work with Energizer lithium primaries. Any note to that effect wasn’t on the Ali Express Convoy store when I ordered.

I don’t know if those batteries are common in China. Seems like the light wasn’t tested with them at all. I assume there’s a bug in the low voltage protection so instead of being active between 4 and 6 volts it’s like 3.5 to 6 or something.

I wanted to grab one but I like using lithium AAs for car/shed lights since they are very temperature resistant.

Simon hasn’t really addressed the issue in this thread or the main Convoy thread.

sorry to hear Ultimate Lithium dont work.

For my money, Eneloop are just as temperature resistant, in my real world, as Ultimate Lithium. I keep Eneloop lights in my car. Outside temps range from 95F down to 10F. They work fine, I see no reason to invest in disposable batteries.

I especially dislike primaries because once I start using them, they are never full again. For me, Eneloop is a much better option.

Yeah that’s probably true. When the current lithium primaries I’m using in those lights die I’ll probably use eneloops.

Still. The T4 not being compatible is a dealbreaker. I want an AA light to run on all common AAs.

Besides the greater temperature range there are other reasons I needed a couple of 2xAA lights that I can run off of lithium primaries: I bought both T4s for my camping kit. I’m sometimes out backpacking/tent camping for a week or two at a time, so nothing that needs recharging is very helpful. Plus 1.5v (really 1.7 - 1.8v) lithium primaries are powerful and last longer than my eneloops or alkaline batteries, and they won’t leak like alkaline chemistry can. They also have a great shelf life sitting in lights that are only used seasonally, and they’re very light if you’re trying to keep your pack light weight.

Lithium primary batteries are very rare in China. What I don’t understand is that you opened a dispute, but you chose to only refund but not return, and the flashlight you purchased already contains 14500 lithium batteries

Simon: I typed a full reply to you, but will send it in a PM so as not to continue a public dispute on BLF. But for others interested in the return/refund issue, Ali Express’s policy is that if a buyer who has a problem with their order selects to return it, they are (or may be) responsible for return shipping, which is at least $28 in this case (US First Class International mail to China). That’s why I chose to request a refund. As for your second question, I already answered it in my post above.

Cut and pasted from Ali Express:

>>Refund Only

• I haven’t received my order and I would like to get my money back OR

- The product is not as described and I would like refund only or return and refund.

Return Goods

• I am not satisfied with the product I received and would like to return
    it for a full refund. You may have to pay the shipping fee(s).<<

Given those choices, it looks like choosing to request a refund was the correct option.

I will transfer the shipping fee to your PAYPAL account after the return, I will not take advantage of you. I am sorry for the problem you encountered, I think it is not difficult to leave a message on AliExpress and communicate with me. But rashly opening a dispute and choosing to refund only can easily lead to misunderstandings.

Option 3 - Chuck some NiMh in the T4 you have and find another torch that will take lithium primaries that represents the same value for money Simon gives us.

I got my T4 last week and love it. Daughter left for camp this morning with a T4 519A, bright orange body and loving it!.

2 protected 14500 fit this light ?

too long

I also thought of lithium primaries when I saw this light - I think it would make a great glovebox and bushfire/bug-out bag light. I will keep an eye on it in the hope the LVC might be adjusted in a future batch, or a someone here might find a way to disable it altogether?

I don’t think it is a dealbreaker though as I love Convoy quality and value and NiMH is still a good option; I will probably just have to try to remember to top up the batteries once a year…

ah thats a shame :confused: 2 batteries should be used protected also most unprotected are flat tops so means no contact……

there are top-batteries without protection board

yes ok but i prefer not use non-protected in pairs.