Convoy T4

You can just mark text (with your mouse cursor or your finger) and a quote button will appear (or you can hit reply with the text marked).

Select some text and a quote button will appear. Also there’s a “quote whole post” button on the toolbar when typing a reply, it’s the first icon on the left.

Yeah Simon updated the description of the T4 to say the driver was updated. I guess he fine tuned the LVP so the slightly higher voltage of new lithium primaries don’t trigger it anymore.

Oh, that is so weird, Doesn’t work that way on any other forum I frequent. So you have to highlight the part you want to quote, then hit reply… not intuitive at all. The code writer for this BB should be fired.

You can also you hit reply and click the quote button in the editor like I just did. Maybe we should fire you first for not learning :stuck_out_tongue:

Sweet!
I didn’t know about the quote button before, but now I do. :thinking:
I swear the more I learn about using Discourse, the more I like it. :heart_eyes:

1 Thank

T4 with knurled head ring and LH351D 3500K

Mine is capable to get Lithium primaries in addition to Alkaline and NiMH : I asked Simon to get that specific driver (but it cannot take 14500 3.7 anymore)

1 Thank

I just bought two of these flashlights in orange, Nichia 519A LED. Same ones here: https://zeroair.org/2022/06/07/convoy-t4-nichia-519a-flashlight-review/#LED_Color_Report_CRI_and_CCT

For the life of me, I cannot get it into configuration mode. I can soft-press it a bazillion times and it won’t enter in programming mode. It simply cycles the 4 levels of the default group. Any advice?

Try pressing 20 times instead of 10 to enter the programming mode!
I guess there was something related to the amount of half presses that one needs to do, and that went from 10 to 20 (I just can’t be sure if it was on this light or another :zipper_mouth_face: )!

Nope, just cycles between the default 4 modes at infinity.

Hum, maybe you got one of the “4 mode” flashlights, then. This thread was made when it was launched and back then it had 4 modes only:

Did you buy it from Convoy flashlight Store (Simon) at AliExpress?
Also, from @stephenk text (https://www.stephenknightphotography.com/post/flashlight-reviews-convoy-t4-m21d-and-m3-c) we know that

When released, the T4 was advertised to have the basic 4 group user interface, however it was subsequently found to use the 13 group user interface.

I bought it brand new, from Aliexpress earlier this month. I didn’t know there was a simpler 4-mode version and that makes me upset.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803741735304.html

Who can I contact to verify?

You can contact the seller (Simon) via the AliExpress store (click on “Contact now” on the heading of the store or do it through your order history) or you can try to reach him here on BLF through private message: Profile - Simon_Mao - BudgetLightForum.com .

It has always been a 13 group light (when released it was advertised as 4 group). However, the default of the 13 groups is 4 brightness levels with mode memory on. If you want anything different, you can change it in configuration.

1 Thank

My bad then! I guess I made a wrong interpretation of the words in your review and in the other thread :frowning:

In any case, if the half press to try and change groups is endless, something may be wrong…

1 Thank

It took almost 20 half clicks, but I got into the change mode. Thanks.