【convoy】XHP70.3 HI R9050 6500K available

Oh! Thanks! And what are your impressions (or measurements) on the throw difference betweem the two? :grinning:

I don’t have any way to measure throw.
For me the SFT40 just offers a lot more usable lumens.

Thanks, yeah for sure, sft40 is beast. I meant to ask, what’s the throw difference between the deep reflector vs the S2+ reflector? Is it as noticeable as the reddit posts suggest?

1 Thank

I haven’t tried a S2+/SFT40.
The difference between a S2/CSLNM1 and a S2+/CSLNM1 is pretty significant.

@elendur The S8 model also comes stock with the deep reflector. Have double checked with Simon. All these models also fit the current shorty 18350 tubes so you can have real pocket throwers.

The S8 has a more ‘tactical’ look, and a different style of pocket clip.

1 Thank

It works very well. Still pretty throwy

2 Thanks

Simon, have you considered a push-pull variant of Z1? If I understand it correctly, it’s just 1 part machined differently and significantly different user experience.

I see the topic mentioned a couple of times in this thread (once by me already :wink: ), there are users who would prefer it this way…

For me personally that’s the only reason I haven’t bought a Z1 yet. Twisties just don’t work for my use case because zooming is way too slow - and I would have to pay a machinist to remove the thread for me…and it’s not really worth the hassle.

3 Thanks

I’d love a high performance push pull zoomie

Sorry I’d just like to confirm, I’m having last seconde doubts, is the “22mm to 17mm brass ring adpater” compatible with the l21a and s21b (which don’t use a pill)? If not, what is 22mm adapter for?

1 Thank

I think as long as the flashlight is suitable for 22mm driver it must be compatible, unless thickness affetcs, looking at the L21A seems to have enough threading for a little bit thicker driver.

this adapter is suitable for L21A and S21B if you want install a 17mm driver in these two models

@Simon_Mao is it possible to install the osram emitter in one of the S series flashlights with USB charging?

what about S9?

:sweat_smile: I should have asked the question properly. Would the S21E accept an osram emitter?

KW CSLPM1.TG or KW CULPM1.TG can be installed in S21E

1 Thank

@Simon_Mao wondering if you would consider S21D with SST 20-Deep Red / CSLNM1.23 (8A buck). I hope it can use the same driver, maybe just tweaked for lower Vf.

the VF is different ,it needs a special driver.
do you need floody red light?

What is the longest battery life convoy on a sub lumen mode that can be made?
I’ve had a couple of S2’s in the kids rooms for years with 1 x 7135 in them which have worked well.
Are there any 26650 or 21700 options that could outdo this?

I think all of them would be able to with the bigger battery. Question is which ones can go that low. The linear ones probably all can at least get pretty close.

@Simon_Mao
Hello Simon,
have you maybe thought about selling a lantern for camping ?

a simple solution would be something based on the 4x18a/3x21a

6 Thanks