copper sink pads for sale on CPFM $2.45 ea $4 s/h

Race,

I am with Pilot. illumination supply has a great price on XML2 XPG2 and mouser for most of the rest. There is nothing cheap about ordering from cutter, but they carry so many LEDs in so many bins they still get me sometimes.

Philipp,

Race is correct, everyone is included at $4, I hope this helps.

Which did you buy? Most of what DX lists as “paste” is actually just flux. I’ve ordered SKU4711 twice and it makes flowing an LED really easy. You can use about anything to heat it - hot air gun, solder gun, skillet, oven, etc. The trick is getting the right amount of paste. You use a lot less of it than you think you should. Once you see a little bit of smoke and rippling solder, the LED will pop right into place. At this point very carefully get the star away from the heat source. You don’t want the LED to shift. I find it easiest to hold the star very steady in one hand with a pliers or tweezers and blow a heat gun (or reflow air pencil) on the bottom of the star with the other hand. When the time is right, I hold the star steady and move the gun away with the other hand.

If you end up with just the flux, you can still use it to help flow. You have to put a little solder on the pad first. Then you can wipe just a tiny bit of flux on it. Then put the LED on and heat. The flux really isn’t absolutely needed, but will help remelt the solder evenly and quickly. Doesn’t work as easily as the real paste though. At least in my experience. I do it this way sometimes when reusing a star that already has quite a bit of solder on it.

Ok, 12 more packages leave today. There is a record of each members package to be shipped on CPFMP.

Please everyone try to remember to put your BLF or CPFMP handle in the PP notes so I can add you to the record of shipments.

If you have paid for items and DO NOT see your name listed in any of the shipment logs please let me know, I want to be sure not to miss anyone.

Thanks again guys..

hey matt aren’t you forgetting me :smiley:

i got this http://dx.com/p/lodestar-soldering-paste-50g-4711

[/quote]
hey matt aren’t you forgetting me :smiley:
[/quote]

Ahh yes. I have added you to the list. Your package was one that did go out today :)

Yup. That’s the one I use. I think it works well. Good luck with the project.

got my sink pads last night thanks!

Is it fine to trim these SinkPAD’s down to fit into a P60 drop-in, or is it preferable to rather wait for 16mm’s?

Is there precautions one should take when trimming the SinkPAD down so that you don’t damage the electrical paths?

the problem i see its that the + and - spots will be on the edge ,so there will be a good change for those to touch the flashlight body.

Woot !!!! The hard data is in. Thanks again to Match, graphs are now available on these.

Now that nitro has had finished his group buy I have added the 16mm SinkPads to the CPF thread.

XM-L2 U2 bin emitters re-flowed on a board are now available too.

Where are the emitters available?

Just ordered some XM-L2 U2 bin emitters re-flowed on a sinkpad from you on Ebay.

Is it cheaper to get them not on ebay to avoid fees?

Cree XM-L2 emitter on 16mm COPPER SinkPad MCPCB=13.49 with free shipping
Sorry, didn’t see “not on ebay” part.

I added a line at the bottom of the thread just below the price of the boards that says you can add emitters to the boards for $9 each :)

I guess I should have put a picture with it maybe.

The boards I got from you worked out great! I managed to turn one down to 10mm, reflow a Nichia 219 @ 5000K and it’s now in my highly prized Photon Fanatic Texas Poker Titanium light and has a wonderful beam. The copper heat sink in the light heats up in seconds, pulling direct from your copper star. Works like a champ!

Thank You!

Dale

Anyone know where I might find a source for Cree XM-L2 U2 1A or U2 1C emitters mounted on 20mm copper SinkPads? I’d also settle for Noctigons but prefer SinkPads, I just had an order with intlxxxdoor after waiting a month now, they say now there out of stock and if I want to wait a week and a half they’ll be in then another 3-4 more weeks for a total of 10 weeks. Any help would be appreciated, a fellow member in distress, thanks in advance for any assistance.

Vestureofblood who sells the sinkpads also sells them with emitter mounted.

Also you can also grab them VIA ebay through him as well… you’ll have to ask him the tint.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190835935197?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649