Copper X6 heatsinks(CLOSED ORDER PAGE IS UP)

I couldn’t say for sure why they made the wide optic so much shorter than the others but given the same shape of the TIR section below the lens I’m speculating that a sanded/polished wide lens will have almost the same beam as a sanded/polished SS lens but with a shorter stack height.

Sorry to hear about Gramms Nitro. Let us know when you are back and I’ll be ordering 1ea of the 35 triple Cu and Alu sinks.

I'd like 1 of the copper triple heatsinks, plus 1 of the xp32 Noctigons and 1 of the CUTE-3 optics. Basically one complete set. I'm in the US. Thanks, and sorry to hear about your loss.

Edit: Changed to 1 complete set.

No known square quad 32mm copper dtp unfortunately, the plan is to use 10mm sinkpads in a square on the spacer under the cute-4 optic.
One nice thing about the C10446_CUTE-4-SS is much lower viewing angle only 11° than 18° for the tightest cute-3 SS optic and that still quite wide, i am very curious how it will look.

I plan to order from led-tech C10446_CUTE-4-SS
and C10447_CUTE-4-M

Yeah there is a possibility that i have to modify either the XP-L or the optic, but Rufusbduck said in your “Interest in Intl-Outdoors 32mm Noctigon” thread when i asked about the cute-4 optic “I think the dome radii are similar enough between xr and xpl or even XML that fit is not a problem but the xr series is about 1mm taller from the solder point to the top of the dome so the focus wouldn’t be the same even if the die sizes were. The leg pins would somehow need to be shortened to allow the optic to drop down over the dome more. From Dales pics though it doesn’t seem to be much of an issue but instead just a possible point of refinement. some here thought it could possibly work as is also.”

So i hope that it should fit, fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Dale i have to say that i would really like to see you build the cute-4 x6, i think it is just to interesting not to attempt it myself, but i can’t get all the part needed for quite a while yet, and you are the resident Eagle Eye X6 wizard here :wink: and i think it would be nice with a second option for a quad x6 that is not based on the limited production run quad mcpcb that Richard sells.

OH, believe me when I tell you that I am definitely looking at it! :slight_smile:

I know I can do it, and it would certainly be an awesome little X6 wouldn’t it? :bigsmile:

Gonna have to order more X6 hosts and the first 3 I ordered haven’t even made it here yet, lol

I look forward to see your build and your debugging of the idea, the great thing for me is that you know you can do it, i can only plan to do my best because i haven’t tried anything this complicated a mod yet.

Yeah i can’t wait to build it, i plan to build the cute-3 also but the cute-4 feels like a possible step up with the tighter angle and hopefully a bit more throwy optic and more lumens what not to like :slight_smile: , i hope you confirm my suspicions.

Unfortunately Banggood pulled the sale of the hosts after djozz hosts shipping issue, and i never had time to order those yet, i hope kronological works it out with Neal so we get at least the lens and non shipping damaged reflector soon.

EDIT
I missed that the 7 led 35mm was a serial and not parallel mcpcb

Yeah, well, 7 in series would difficult to power up…it’d have to be set up differently. That’s the problem with the odd numbered multiples… pairs can be used to stay with a pair per cell, the odd number messes it up. :frowning:

For a big light I guess it can be done, but for a small light it’s pretty tough.

The head of the X6, where the emitter shelf is, measures more like 31.7mm. The lens is 35mm. A 32mm Noctigon has to filed a little to fit into the head.

The big 35mm copper 7-up could be set on a massive copper heat sink in a 6 cell MagLight and run 7 26500’s? Direct drive? Ouch!

You are right i just realized my mistake after i posted it and deleted that part, but you had already answered, sorry time to sleep before i lose the plot altogether :slight_smile:

Sorry if the tread gets a little confused after my edit i added back the part with the 7 led mcpcb link so future reader at least can get an idea about what it is all about.

bump at McD's free wifi :)

i bought 20 optics and copper boards from mtnelectronics for the guys out of the United States

ill be placing the order for the SS optics when i get home say another 20pcs ??

Forgot to say that I’m in for an optic and MCPCB as well as one copper triple spacer. Thanks Nitro!

I would be in for at least one triple along with any other parts to make it work.

I’m in for one copper quad with XP copper MCPCB + Carclo optic 10621 bundle for a total of $25.50.

I just realized that already ordered triple MCPCB and optics. So just one copper triple heatsink for me.

When are we actually paying for these?

From what I understand, once he gets back home from the funeral he will order them and ask for payment.

Hey, Nitro, awesome kit you've put together! Put me down for the following:

Aluminum quad sink - $12 (qty 1)
Aluminum triple sink - $18 (qty2 @ $9)
32mm Noctigon triple - $10 (qty 2 @ $5)
CUTE-3-SS lens - $4 (qty 2 @ $2)
==========================
Total......................... $44
Shipping.................... $5.25
==========================
Total Due................... $49.25

A quad XPL, driven to ludicrous levels… I really like this idea. I can’t decide between this rational approach to an irrational build or a more spendy option to alter my host that Sinner built? Realistic, affordable that I can afford now.

Do both! :slight_smile: (quote from Sinner, lol)

Guys, I got the 2 prototypes from Nitro today and this machinist has done some exceptional work on these! The triple, simple as it is, is ready to go as is. I’ve suggested making the center hole a little larger so larger gauge wires could be used, but this is a simple thing that most of us can do in a couple of minutes at home.

The quad is a beautiful little piece of work! Fitment between the bezel, head, emitter shelf, o-ring and bezel opening is all spot on. I really can’t wait to get one of these in copper, I might have to get an extra one, seal it, and set it on the shelf to admire! :slight_smile:

The price on these is just ludicrous. The quad is quite a bit of work, and to keep the cost that low is , well, there’s not any shops around here that would do it for that I know. 3 times that, maybe.

I showed my quad X6 to my 60ish female physical therapist this morning and she was duly impressed! The style, the heft, the quad emitters, the brightness (and mine has XP-G2’s), yeah it’s a game changer for sure! The brightness of even the XP-G2’s, in a brightly lit hospital room, was a surprise to her. I put my hand in front of it and she winced, from 6’ away, complaining it hurt her eyes! hahahaha She likes flashlights, claims to have given her kids lights as gifts on more than one occasion. I really love it when people see this light and it’s twin, the triple. (Funny huh? The Quads twin, the Triple) Yeah, pain killers…

I say full steam ahead. These are very well made sinks.

Come on…McD…how can you eat that ? :slight_smile: And its not a joke btw, hehe

Thanks for your effort about those PCBs and the optics, its good for us

FInaly, i would need 2x Cu tripple PCBs, 2x Ledil CUTE-3 35mm and ofc 2x Cu tripple base

I still need to be advised, what kind of driver should we use in this setup

I built Nitro’s sample Quad using Wights driver. With a freshly charged Sony C5 it pulls 14.49A at the tail! XP-L V5 2D’s de-domed are making 3581 lumens.

This is why I use 7 mode levels, so there are battery conservative options. This has 4 levels under 1A, one at 2.xxA and one at 6.xxA, so there are excellent positions for a great many tasks including a sub 5 lumen low.

I’ve started liking a light like this to have no memory, so you don’t have to ever go into the massive pull levels if you don’t wish to.

Edit: On our end, there is a molding “tube” at one of the TIR’s that goes out to the edge of the Optic lens that needs to be cut back so the optic can sit down into the sink. I used a rotary tool and carefully cut it back about 1mm from the edge. The optic snaps right in and sits flush, beautifully. We will also have to drill a hole in the center of our lights emitter shelf to match the center hole in the sink, it can be bigger but should probably be very close to the same size. On the triple, this same center hole will have to be drilled in the host as well as the 32mm Noctigon. By staying with the wires in the center the entire assembly is free to twist a little when tightening the bezel without cutting any wires. :wink:

Pretty simple small work for us to assemble the light, triple or quad either way. And when you turn it on that first time you’ll be so very glad you made the effort! :bigsmile:

This looks like the best option fora driver.

Thanks Dale