Copper X6 heatsinks(CLOSED ORDER PAGE IS UP)

I should also add that it will be vital to do a spring bypass at the tail end. The most successful way of doing this is a little more complicated, and touchy, but well worth it.

I drill a 1/16” hole beside the switch and make the effort to angle it up under the spring pad so that it comes out inside the spring. This isn’t real easy, but it IS doable. Then a wire can come from the top of the spring all the way through the pcb and connect to the switch itself. Make sure to connect to the side of the switch that is connected to the spring pad. This way the wire will carry the current and the trace in the pcb will assist. Otherwise, the trace will go pfffft! and you’re light will be dead in the water. (figuratively speaking)

Edit: Another tip… I flip the brass retaining ring over and drill a couple of indents on the beveled side, this lets the non-beveled side of the ring contact the ground ring of the driver better. A touch of solder at the 3 points where there are vias on Wights board also helps make sure you get a solid ground connection. The brass retaining ring is made to clear components with that bevel on the down side, by flipping it, the more square cut side is down and can reach the driver easily.

Dale, nice write up. I imagine a quad XPG2 is warm but not hot? How are you driving the quad, and have you gotten a calculation of the lumens yet?

I’m sorry to hear you hurting again. I hope the light addiction can help distract your attention from the pain at least a little.

Well Scotty, that’s what I would have thought too, but the XP-G2’s driven hard make heat like the bigger emitters. So 4 of em, with a DD FET set-up, still pull a lot of amperage and make plenty of heat.

I’m seeing figures like 9.4A and 2956 lumens, with 2S2P and 2 cells on a Zener modified FET driver. This one is running 1-1A, 2-2B, 1-3C emitters for a pretty decent tint.

Obviously the bigger XP-L draws more current and makes considerably more output, but with both being “overdriven” there are still heat issues to plan for.

Thanks for the better grounding tips Dale, i hadn’t read about that before.

Put me down for:

Copper triple - $12.50
XP32 - $5
CUTE-3-SS - $2
Shipping - $5.25
_

Total - $24.75

I’m in for another copper triple, so that brings my totals to…

3 Copper Quad at $18 ea. = $54
2 Aluminum Quad at $12 ea. = $24
5 Copper Triples at $12.50 ea. = $62.50

$140.5 + $5.35 Small Flat Rate Box = $145.85.

Thank You!

I do not understand the shipping information page! :~

Would kindly help me someone who knows a little better?

I would take two or three heatsinks (big & small, copper) and XP copper MCPCB + Carclo optic bundle.
What shipping options would then be possible? At about 50 $ shipping cost, the thing would probably not be worth.

I wish you a happy new year! Thank you!

Priority Mail International®
Small Flat Rate Box
Expected Delivery Date:
6 - 10 business days to
many major markets1, 2
Price: $24.75
Online Price: $23.50
Value of contents can not exceed $400.00
USPS-Produced Box: 8-5/8” x 5-3/8” x 1-5/8”
Maximum weight 4 pounds.

MfG

Please change my order to just one complete set for the triple. I've edited my earlier post to reflect this. I was counting on getting an extra unmarked host for a triple build, but it appears EE/Adega needs to get their stuff together.

I’ve seen some weird stuff from the USPS but I don’t think I’d try an International mailing to Hangover, Germany. Especially at or near New Years. Pretty sure bet it wouldn’t make it. :wink:

Hi.

I think this is an affordable shipping to Germany

First-Class Package International Service® by usps for $6,55 at Post Office.
Maximum wight is 64oz/1,8kg, maximum combined length, height and width is
36inches/91cm.

Regards
Ingo

Hey guys im back home and ill be working on your guys orders to have it down to make sure i have it right :)

IF ANY CHANGES NEEDS TO BE MADE PLEASE POST OR MSG ME THANKS

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cPGHrhAo6eTMbW9X-BjxNbBndT5uC6VI5yBcXs905HM/pubhtml

IF U SEE ????? MARKS THAT MEANS I DID NOT KNOW IF U WANTED COPPER OR ALUMINUM

AND I MARKED IF U WANTED A (KIT) THAT INCLUDES COPPER BOARD AND OPTIC WITH THE HEATSINK OF CHOICE

I ORDERED 20PCS FROM RICHARD 10PCS OF 10623 AND 10 PCS OF 10621

AND 20-25PCS OF THE SS OPTICS IF I RUN OUT SORRY................

Your docs link requires permission, it isn’t public

I'm confused what the options are. Reading the OP over and over - not sure exactly what is being sold, where. I'd like a quad or triple setup, complete, but no clue what the parts are exactly and what emitters they support. Thinking the quad, but not sure - Dale said the triples are more efficient of lumens vs. amps - normally that doesn't make sense. I guess this thread is related: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/30722, but I'm more confused after going through it.

Is anyone else confused? I haven't been following this all along, so maybe I'm missing something...

Sorry try this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cPGHrhAo6eTMbW9X-BjxNbBndT5uC6VI5yBcXs905HM/pubhtml

TomE ill post what im going to list as a kit ect.....just let me have a few min to get the links

This design:

fits this 32mm mcpcb (and here ) and these optics
……………………
……………………
this design:

fits this 20mm set (mtn is sold out of the set, but is also available here , here , and here )
…………….
…………….
I will let Nitro better explain exactly what he is offering.
(please correct me if anything above is wrong)

Thanks Pilot for the help and here is what i bought hope its correct

http://parts.arrow.com/item/detail/ledil-oy/c10754-cute-3-ss#Q2FM

i bought 20kits 10pcs of each or 15pcs of the spot optic and 5 of the other ???? >>>> http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=416

and i think i bough 25pcs of >>>>

http://parts.arrow.com/item/detail/ledil-oy/c10754-cute-3-ss#Q2FM

i bought the optics ect........ to help the guys out of the united states on the shipping charges

All of the optics and MCPCBs that are listed are for XP sized LED’s (XP-E, XP-G, XP-L)

Both of the the quad optics are for XP-G, an XP-L will not fit unless you either dedome the LED, or modify the optics.

The Cute optics for the Triple will fit both the XP-G and XP-L without modification.

The only way I can see me saying that is because of de-doming the XP-L to fit the optics and the lumens lost, or modifying the optics to fit the XP-L…and the lumens lost. At the end of the day the domed XP-L under the larger Ledil CUTE-3 comes out as more efficient. The beam profile is better, for the current drawn the output is great. I have both, I really like the triple best.

I haven’t done any real testing to see which comes out most efficient and am not qualified to do so.