Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

I’m really confused about your age :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got to get out more. No clue. :frowning:

Unno. After trying 3 browsers, including the most vile POS called Edge, I was convinced it did absolutely nothing.

When repeatedly clicking, the part of the page above the heading stayed as-is, but below just shifted down/up by maybe half an ex, as if it would insert/remove a blank frame.

Maybe their webserver has a virus…

You’d think that with all this hoo-ha with people working from home, not being able to get things at work anymore, they’d make some provisions. Costs ’em nothing. If anything, if people would start making claims against the carrier (sender and/or recipient), it might end up actually costing them.

I haven’t had any need to try the FedEx delivery manager for a few months, but when I lasy did it worked for me. Same with UPS, I have used their app to have them hold a package at the local UPS store instead of delivery to home. One needs to choose to make changes at least 24 hours in advance though, I believe.

Reminded me of this:

Cheers, to the freedom to disagree. :beer: :beer:

So serene. Love it. It’s sweet that you and your wife and a “secret place.”

That sound reminds me of a chalet we used to have on a hill/mountain. In the spring or after rains, there would be small flows of water from the forest and down rocks, over mosses, and under ferns. It wouldn’t always be easy to see them but you could hear them over the sounds of the forest. I miss that.

I posted several different studies that compare the efficacy of N95, surgical masks, and common household material in filtering COVID-19 sized particles or smaller.

COVID-19 is known to be AIRBORNE. China, Italy, and South Korea know it. The World Health Organization knows it. Studies conducted in America have shown it can be airborne for up to 3 hours. Our CDC knew it was airborne when it first started to be addressed in our country as they listed it as such on their website. Within 24 hours, they had downgraded their precaution guidelines from airborne to droplet, to reflect the paltry supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) available for healthcare workers.

“This article is a MUST READ to understand the truth behind the no mask guideline/policy. Telling the public not to wear masks and not allowing hospital staff (except directly caring for ”identified” COVID patients) to wear face masks puts us all in great danger.“:Unmasking the Truth: CDC and Hospital Administrators Are Endangering Us All | by Cynical Xennial | Medium

I saw a news headline that Trump is considering placing NY , NJ and CT on quarantine .

source?

Never mind found it

Calling Snake Plissken!

Make a run on the Bridges now!!
Save yourself.

Concerning masks, I just figure 4 billion asians can’t all be wrong. Doesn’t matter if you don’t have them though. It seems like something fairly easy to produce, production should ramp up quickly. Once there’s an abundance of them they’ll probably “discover” new information that says they’re effective and we should all wear them.

As long as he doesn’t order a 712 on us, I’m good.

With COVID-19 already everywhere in the US that will be just as effective as his banning of flights from Europe a few weeks ago.

Rorer 714

Mask are effective because it limits the spreading to others if you have it and wear a mask(not only ffp2 also surgical masks) and also limits you touching your face.

I live in the USA. My first jaunt south of the border was in the sixties. College students, camping on the beach etc. When going into a Mexican grocery store we noticed small powder packets for sale at the fruit/vegetable areas. Local people mixed the powder into a gallon of water and doused their produce in it, then removed and allowed to dry. Disinfectant, as farmers there were beginning to use animal/human manure on food crops at the time. Kind of frightened/disgusted, we did the same to the food we bought down there. Fast forward.

Returning from the food store now we fill a big pan with water and put a capful of bleach in it. I treat the produce as the Mexicans do, then wipe down everything in wrappers, wash hands, let dry, and hope for the best. No lettuce or anything else that can’t be treated. Maybe I missed something, but I don’t recall this as a recent corona protocol from our government. If this has already been mentioned, my apologies. If the suggestion helps one person stay well, I’m happy.

I’ve been doing that forever. Well, washing with detergent, not necessarily bleach.

Like no one thinks to wash a watermelon before cutting into it, the leading-edge of the blade hits the dirt first, then drags it across the just-cut section on its way through.

I make limeade for my main drink, squeeze a lime into a bucket of water, optionally add sugar, and that’s it. Always washed limes/lemons/oranges/everything before cutting into ’em. Had a cow-orker who insisted it was needless, that “they give cancer-patients limes and other citrus fruit, the only fruits that don’t need washing and that’s safe for them”, which I have no idea whether/not it’s true, but I don’t care, I still wash ’em thoroughly.

Styrene utensils, also thoroughly washed. I once worked at a place with on-site daycare, and parents thought it “cute” when their larvae would grab piles of utensils and play with them, then the parents would put the utensils back for others to use (“Why waste them?” :confounded: ).

Fruits like apples and pears, washed thoroughly then peeled. Hate those mooshy brown spots where bruised, so after peeling, they’re excised.

And now? I do nothing different. Don’t have to.

That assumption isn’t valid. They tend to test people with symptoms which raises the percentage of positives. So that % can’t translate to the entire population, in which the vast majority have no symptoms.

There are more reasons why wearing mask is effective.