Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

That’s why a lot of those N95 masks have the little plastic valve at the front of the mask. It lets the heat escape so you feel more comfortable.

Riots ensue.

Unno. People still killing each other over TP, or did it go the way of Cabbage-Patch dolls?

I may have missed it here if anyone posted this…. There is a youtube video, by someone who claims to be a doctor, and is blaming the novel coronavirus on 5G. According to him the 1918 flu pandemic was caused by the invention and increased use of radio…… I surfed the 10 min video and closed it at that point. No, I will not post a link

My grandmother used to blame bad weather on Sputnik

In fact, it was the career scientists at the CDC that came up with the initial recommendation for the public not to bother with masks - not the political appointees working to make the administration look good. The recommendation came from the reality that, at the time, there was no scientific evidence showing that either cloth masks or N95 masks are effective in preventing the wearer from inhaling virus. The cloth masks are too porous and I’ll-fitting to prevent one from inhaling airborne virus, and N95 masks aren’t made to block tiny airborne virus particles, either. There are some studies showing they don’t block virus-sized particles as well as they block larger particulate matter. In addition, CDC scientists said most people wear N95 masks incorrectly and touch their faces more while wearing the mask, and putting it on and taking it off, than without it.

The recommendation to save the N95 masks for health providers came from the fact that they can be helpful in preventing doctors, nurses and others from infecting vulnerable patients by coughing or sneezing on them, and the fact that there aren’t enough of them available for everyone to wear them.

Masks are popular in these situations because they give people a sense of control over whether or not they get sick. However, there is no evidence that they are effective in preventing people from coming into contact with viruses that can spread in airborne particulate form. Yes, the government wasn’t adequately prepared for a pandemic, and the administration was slow to take meaningful steps that needed to be taken earlier rather than later, but the mask recommendation came from scientists using the available data, not political considerations.

I hate to discuss conspiracies but this is to stop the nonsense… There are many such videos/articles saying the virus came from US labs or China labs and both seem extremely convincing to the uninformed audience.

Here is a video that provides a boat load of solid evidences that lead to the possibility of the virus coming from the Maryland lab and I even fact checked some of those and they surprisingly all checked out. I was mighty impressed with his immense research and logical analysis. If we use your logic that “nobody, not a single scientist gave a valid point to refute this theory” does it mean this is most likely true because none of his many points have been refuted? Fortunately, this guy has the decency to label it “CONSPIRACY” in CAPS and said “if you take these events and line them up on a time line, it can seem very nefarious, but none of it is actually proof”.

Here is another video about the virus coming from the US and while I like the presentation of the first video more, this one also has some VERY CONVINCING evidence, which also have never been refuted to my knowledge. I even looked up some of his cited sources that actually does exist, which includes from Japan and Taiwan televised news etc., which are known staunch allies of the US and not at good terms with China. They all seemingly look legit but how do I or anyone know they are really legit?

Here is a Japanese study that says, “”By analysing 48 almost complete virus genome sequences, we found out that the viruses that invaded Taiwan, the United States, and Japan were introduced independently. We identified thirteen parsimony-informative sites and three groups (CTC, TCC, and TCT). Viruses found outside China did not form a monophyletic clade, opposite to previous study.“:https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/2002/2002.08802.pdf” Somebody with an agenda can easily use this info to say the virus did not originate from China, or it was a bio weapon used against the world by China, or even the US, or Russia, or Iran etc. and all of those would sound equally convincing to the average person who already has a subconscious bias that wants to believe in any one of those theories.

I’ve seen so many conspiracy theory videos and articles blaming both ways and for most people, the theories that fits your subconscious bias will always sound convincing.

Currently Mike Pompeo, US Secretary of State and former CIA director, who brags about being a trained liar, is spearheading the Blame China campaign. I can only imagine there will be a surge of articles about China’s non transparency, China’s figures cannot be trusted, or conspiracy theories of China’s bio warfare from “independent” outlets or possibly even mainstream media.

Not too long ago I decided to look into Epoch Times, which was at the fore front of the China biolab conspiracy theories that was circulating like mad on social media only to find shocking sinister revelations regarding this outlet created by the Fa Lun Gong Media empire. This empire creates so many “independent” media outlets around the world disguising the fact that they are the same organization. Fa Lun Gong also uses fake accounts to propagate their conspiracies/propaganda, fake actors and stories that are cited as sources by major news outlets in Hongkong, Taiwan, Western media, and South East Asian media. They seem to have an unlimited source of funding. The monstrous advertising campaign for the Shen Yun dance troupe is on the level of Apple or Samsung in many areas around the world yet their revenue from actual audience is probably a tiny, tiny fraction of the advertisement cost. I went to one many years ago because they were actually giving out free tickets due to low interest and of course I recognize the heavy anti China government theme embedded in the performance. I’ve even read many online discussions providing evidence of links between the Fa Lun Gong and CIA, but of course those are non proven conspiracies too but was a fun read nonetheless.

Another thing to keep in mind when reading these bio weapon conspiracies, does anyone seriously think CIA, the most powerful and advance intelligence/spying agency in the world, would have less intelligence of what’s really going on than these nobodies making the conspiracy videos? China and Russia have similar agencies that know far more than these guys too yet they haven’t mentioned a thing about the virus coming from a US lab. If any country have even the slightest evidence of the virus engineered by their adversary, this “evidence” would have already been weaponized to the max in their government propaganda.

If we allow conspiracy theories, my own conspiracy theory is that many of these bio weapon conspiracies are possibly funded by governments since the governments have zero evidence to use in their mainstream news outlets. These conspiracy theories are fun, interesting, and exploits the audiences’ emotions and subconscious bias, which lures the audience into believing the author’s narrative and ultimately support their government’s blame game.

Here is an example of why I see everything is just a political blame game. “WHO praised the ”actions China has implemented in response to the outbreak, its speed in identifying the virus and openness to sharing information“:https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/28-01-2020-who-china-leaders-discuss-next-steps-in-battle-against-coronavirus-outbreak”. Trump thanks President Xi for transparency in addition to their hard work and professionalism. Vice president Mike Pence praised China has shown ‘unprecedented’ transparency on coronavirus.

Now after Trump declared it as a national emergency right after he called the severity a hoax, there are a barrage of articles world wide about China’s non transparency, cover ups, slow to action, unreliable data. I just read an article of “Pompeo ”repeatedly accused China of covering up the extent of the problem and being slow to share information.“”:China Concealed Coronavirus Outbreak Extent: U.S. Intelligence - Bloomberg To me it is simply a strategy to divert people’s attention and deflect blame. Why keep talking about another country instead of focusing on the matter at hand, which is our own country’s dire situation of PPE shortage, lack of testing and difficulty in getting tested, slow to action or inaction by our federal government?

Instead of focusing on useless conspiracy theories to blame, there’s much more value in discussing about topics such as why is the WHO and CDC not taking the advice from China and other Asian countries in terms of how to protect their citizens from the virus? Is China’s warning to the world about the severity over-exaggerated? Does WHO and CDC really believe wearing face masks is useless because these are the things that actually affect us average people. My wife’s hospital (a state designed covid-19 hospital) and similarly other hospitals in the US are strictly following CDC’s guideline and telling staff not to wear mask unless they are directly taking care of covid-19 patients. Even the staff not directly taking care of covid patients share the same space and air and do see covid patients walking around. Does this really not put our hospital staff in danger?

Here is an interesting and informative article about the effectiveness of masks, published at the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy website.

Masks for All?

Trying to read and digest all this information is making my head hurt .

Can we limit posts to 50 words or less for those of us with short attention spans and limited intellectual capacities ?

Just Saying

Stay inside. Check out BLF. Thanks.

SKV89 while spreading anti-American Communist propaganda you don’t need to also spread the untruth that the president called corona virus a hoax.

He called it a hoax. SKV89 placed a link for everyone to see and hear what millions already have seen and heard. This is the correct way to be objective.

The president compared the democrats criticism of his administration’s response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying “this is their new hoax.”

You guys are just asking to have this thread shut down if you keep arguing over things that might be seen as political

I checked the speech now, only heard the topic before.

Well, what can I say. Interesting?

But damn do I wish the corona numbers will stay below the yearly common flu numbers that Trump tosses in that speech :expressionless:

Not trying to get political, but I found the video of him calling it a hoax and all his arguments in the first half of the video pretty much supports that idea.

I highly doubt covid infections will reach anywhere close to flu numbers with all the social distancing and stay at home orders in place. Look at those numbers for this flu season. I actually agreed and recited Trump’s comparison to other people in the past saying the coronavirus is over exaggerated. But who knows how this will ultimately turn out.

Watched a great video today on a doctor who tells how the Covid 19 actually kills a person. It is our immune system that actually kills us by trying to help. And he tells of some things that are good for our immune system, the usual stuff vit C, vit D, tea (flavonoids), elderberry.

Spreading a political lie about the American president about this emergency is political, correcting it is not.

I was doing extensive research on potentially helpful supplements for covid-19 and found several articles like this saying elderberry increases immune cell release of tiny chemicals called cytokines. Specifically, elderberry increases the release of a cytokine called IL-1B which is a part of the inflammatory reaction to COVID-19 that can result in acute respiratory distress. For this reason, to minimize the possibility that elderberry could aggravate the inflammatory “cytokine storm” associated with the more severe COVID-19 infections, it is recommended to stop elderberry at the first signs of infection (fever, cough, sore throat) and/or if you test positive for the virus.

Though there are too little or no actual controlled studies on the effects of supplements against the corona virus, these are all just theories.

This is the actual rally speech regardless of what your source from France says.

Here is the c-span video and transcript.