Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

From a widely respected statistician:

==

Yeah, that whole “20/20 quarterbacking” stuff…

The rain stopped so I stepped outside. The bugs are out. Got me wondering if they can transmit the virus?

the answer is just a click away

Lates scores

USA now has more cases and more deaths than any country in the world.

Thanks again Jon for pointing out my laziness. The answer seems to be no.

There´s ALWAYS a chance I´m not hearing that, but somebody will be. :slight_smile:

were in this together, no worries

thanks for your time digesting the links and summarizing your take away meaning.

I reach the same conclusion, my reading is that so far no one has reported transmission by insect…

there does seem to be a couple of mentions of the possibility of the coronavirus affecting cats and lions… but I have not researched those sound bytes

Im most concerned with obtaining some good N95 masks to use when Im at the grocery store. Staff still is not wearing them… weird, to me.

expecting surgery masks in the mail from Olight, any day now…
Im told adding a bandana to those, can raise the filtration percent

same for folding a coffee filter into a bandana mask… unconfirmed rumor

It cool to see that mentioned, I always thought they would be great at filtering air.
Here’s a 3D Printable ring I saw the other day that can be used to hold that shop towel on your face: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/fast-printing-facemask

If anyone wants some of those mask frames 3D printed and mailed to them, PM me, I have a printer.

Two questions.

If you know anyone that is supposed to be self-isolating are they really staying at home as long as they are supposed to or do they go on as usual? I don't know anybody that needs quarantining but I don't trust that people are staying at home. Some of the ones I know who are in the high risk category don't think the stay at home order applies to them and go out every single day for totally unnecessary reasons.

Have you ever seen the news tell people how they should actually treat the virus while staying home? All I have ever heard was stay home and call you doctor. Even on the CDC site the "What to do if you are sick" page says call your doctor. Not a single thing about HOW to treat it. Such as take Tylenol, drink water, sleep or stick your finger up your nose and whistle. I am not looking for advice but just am amazed that actual home treatment has not came up a single time.

Well, mention a single word about colloidal silver and you’ll get hollered down in a jiffy.

I think the advice is to stay home, isolate, get lots of rest, eat well, and go to the hospital if you begin to have trouble breathing. I forget my sources, don’t listen to me, I don’t want to be liable. :blush:

Well my parents are both risk group - they don´t go to public places at all. Mom is in too bad shape to go anyway. Father takes walks, goes by car to forest roads for fresh air.

No special instructions here either. Treat as a normal flu/influenza has been the response I have heard (rest, enough liquids, ibuprofen or such if needed etc.). Immediately contact doctor if symptoms get from mild to severe. That´s all I´ve heard…

I have seen several times, over the past 6 to 8 weeks that acetaminophen is better, safer, to use in case of the novel coronavirus. Just don’t take more than recommended because of the kidney damage possibility. Or follow doctors advice.

Since there was no source, I link some here : Coronavirus: What do we know about ibuprofen and COVID-19? | Euronews

TL;DR no solid scientific evidence against the use of ibuprofen but paracetamol might be better option.

That’s what I do anyway…………. just living on Sardines and Ensure. :person_facepalming: :beer:

My interest in lights is somewhat dimmed :wink: by the recent lack of disposable income. If I look at new lights, I will just end up wanting to buy some more, and I can’t afford that, so I try to not look.

This video is about a week old, so maybe some have seen it, but then again maybe not….

It’s a MD in NYC who says this doesn’t look like ARDS. What he says lines up possibly with an article I posted over a week ago, in which an alternate hypothesis was suggested for the viral mechanism. That article said the blood was being stripped of its oxygen-carrying iron. If true, administering whole blood and oxygen could be important.

Yeh, posted above to follow that.

Try and get 'em. I ordered from Harbor Freight and the **** canceled the order a day later. So I' m out of luck. Can't find mask ingredients anywhere.