Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

You are misleading the reader with your “although not being completely wrong”. We know EXACTLY what is LOBBYING.

By definition, every single word has (and is) “meaning/sense/direction”, therefore, words are intrinsically biased according to each interlocutor’s aim.

Every individual develops biases for or against another individual, a group, or a belief.
In science and engineering, a bias is a systematic error.

In your case, your “although not being completely wrong” has to be considered has a joke (or of ridiculous bad faith….)

Sorry, no ridiculous bad faith here! Honestly!

Conflict of interest

Definition by your source (aka “google” the expression):
https://www.google.com/search?q=conflict+of+interest+definition&rlz=1C1GCEB_enPT908PT908&oq=confli&aqs=chrome.1.0j69i59j69i57j0j46j0l2j69i60.1847j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Definition as provided by Cambridge Dictionary online:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/a-conflict-of-interest

You can note that a dictionary definition - potentialy unbiased, because its is meant to be clear and to clarify, more than to confund or to lead to take parties - does not involve the words “lobbyists” ?

You could have picked the definition …

…but instead you wanted to make a point, your point, a biased point by bringing “lobbying” into the table, and not to clarify what the expression neutrally means!

And just as mere information, because not every place is like some countries where lobby is everywhere and everything is lobby (even if it is giving a tip to the waitress… - joking here!! - ), and because not everyone in this world is an english speaker, not we do NOT all know whats is lobbying. Universal thoughts lead us to wrong conclusions…

And sorry but I will not continue conversation. Moving on…

“Potentially unbiased” (definition) does not exist. At the moment you chose 1 definition (among x variations) that specific definition become automatically biased by the subject : which means > you.

Obviously, your reflection (thinking) relays on a core systematic error.

Don’t be sorry. I did not address you in particular.

At that level, it not just (((lobbying))) but global dictatorship

Covid-19 is a normal flu virus. It should not be on list A.

I love when people get their science from Fox News. Much better than John Hopkins.

Other conspiracy theories dispute your conspiracy theory.

COVID-19 is many times deadlier than the seasonal flu, causes many more serious and long-term health problems, and there’s no widely available vaccination for it now. Also, antibodies for COVID-19 may not give protection against symptoms coming back upon reinfection as long as do antibodies from seasonal flu. COVID-19 might also be more contagious— although the evidence on that is still not fully developed and analyzed.

https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/no-covid-19-is-not-the-flu.html

https://www.osfhealthcare.org/blog/covid-19-and-the-flu-are-not-the-same/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/10/06/technology/trump-flu-comments.amp.html

Yeah, everyone knows those “stupid idiots” at Hopkins know nothing about COVID-19 and are biased, while Tucker Carlson is obviously an infectious disease expert of the highest caliber and without any discernible bias.

It is surprising how you can totally reverse the meaning of my comment. I never said that Hopkins team are “stupid idiots”, they are just providing “figures” according to their sponsor requirements. That is lobbying (of course, there should be some average idiots too… But that’s not the topic)

$20 Million “Gift”, means direct investment.

Number of “new cases” means zero, nothing.

Number of “deaths” is significant and the number to watch. Death numbers are not following the “new case” upward curve but remain relatively flat. That we all overreacted will be discussed for years, but the fact remains that Covid is approx twice as fatal as the flu, the death rate hovering under 3% depending on the numbers you pull, is true. If you are over 80, that number isn’t your number and getting Covid is a huge issue.

Lobbying is a form of conspiracy. It just sounds more “commercially correct”. To generate more doubts, the so-called COVID-19 has been associated to “military biological weapon”, or “Aids alike” class A virus, etc…

In fact, people strictly dying from COVID-19 belongs to the exact same category from yearly seasonal flu victims (those old/sick people) Nothing special at all.

Of course, the more confusions, the more people will doubt and obey (submit to economic destruction, mass medication)

For many doctors around the world, myself included, this coronavirus is just a common bad flu.

The large majority of so-called “positive” are asymptomatic, and sick people are recovering by themselves.

Scientists have not isolated and identified enough unique material to claim that this so-called “covid-19” may be a new virus. It’s a new business, that is for sure.

The Fact-Free COVID Dystopia

Great stuff! Now we have “sponsor requirements” and virus as military weapon allegations, and “lobbying” allegations - so many unsubstantiated conspiracy theories! I’m going to stop looking at the research output of infectious disease experts and epidemiologists and devote all my free time to looking into those well-supported allegations.

According to the numbers, Covid 19 is reported to be about 5 times more deadly than the flu. Many state’s ICUs are running close to capacity and getting worse.
It is killing older, sicker people at a very high rate. Young people have a responsibility to help slow the spread. We simply do not have that much excess capacity in our hospitals if this snowballs out of control. The younger generation understandably is hesitant to curtail their daily activities since they are pretty safe but they also have to understand their importance in stopping the spread. Other countries that have successfully achieved this are able to get their economies rolling again. If you have to resort to lock downs you have already lost the battle. Testing, tracing and isolating are the keys to controlling the spread and our country has done poorly in that respect.

Death numbers are now going up. The lag behind increases in case numbers was in part due to the infection increase taking hold first in populations of younger and healthier people (schools opened). Now, those people are spreading it to older and sicker people, and the death counts are going up. Also, more people are not wearing masks and social distancing now in the general population.

The true mortality rate of seasonal flu is estimated at 0.1 maximum, while that of COVID-19 is estimated as 0.6. That makes COVID at least six times deadlier than the seasonal flu, not twice as deadly.

That is totally subjective.

The way you treat the data can totally change the overall picture. The exact figure is definitely bellow 0.1% In fact, there is no strict scientific (medical) methodology, there is only QUOTA.

Which flu ? According to numbers (correctly treated) the 2020 flu “exceptionally called COVID-19” is not worse than 2017 flu figures.

Why would you need to stop the entire economy because of a seasonal flu ? Look at this diagram, what is the main cause of death ? Should we stop selling alcohol, cigarettes and sugar because of cardiovascular diseases ? Did the (((WHO))) killed low and middle class economy because people are suffering from heart diseases ? Of course not.

Our economy is going to slow regardless if the government does nothing at all. Much less has brought our economy to it’s knees. 9/11 was a one day event that caused a recession. We are not even at the 1 year mark and the world wide death toll , even with much mitigation, is still much higher than most flus. Deaths due to car accidents and whatnot are irrelevant.
The Spanish flu is close. Much can be learned by studying how deaths surged in cities that ignored it. I maintain that if this wasn’t an election year we probably would not be having this conversation.

Elections and politicians are just entertainment.
By the way, the so-called “Spanish flu” wasn’t coming from Spain.

You don’t have seasonal flu on that chart. But even if you assume incorrectly that lower respiratory infections is a equivalent variable representing the seasonal flu, the numbers on the chart disprove your conclusion. We’re only a half-year into the pandemic in most of the world. We could easily see the world death total from COVID-19 go well over 2.5 million in one year - even with the distancing, masks and shutdowns of entire nations that we’ve seen so far. Without any social distancing or masks or shutdowns from the beginning, that number could have been reached in a year within the USA alone, according to epidemiologists. So, the data in your graph is not at all supportive of your conclusion.