Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

Take my word for it……… there are long term effects. That is if you call 3.5 months long term(my experience only)! Im still having trouble walking and my leg muscles are sore as heck…… my brain is still not working as it did pre-covid either. They call us ‘Covid Long Haulers’

Whoah, are those the long term side effects of the vaccine??! Which one? Thanks for the warning

No, those are the long side effects of having had Covid infection as Coscar had! Reported here:

I posted something about that before, here:

Oh geeze… hope you feel better soon dude

Sorry bout that …… I miss-read your post. I thought you were talking about side effects of the virus. btw…… I broke my glasses by sitting on them in the bed. One of my other side effects is my vision has also suffered and without my glasses so have my reading skills. Like I said, my brain is still not ‘processing’ normal.
Please bear with me and thanks for the well wishes.

Thanks MascaratumB :+1: :beer: :person_facepalming:

EXCERPT

Masks and social distancing work.

Oh geeze no worries bud! Hope u feel better soon

Be even more careful:

https://s2.washingtonpost.com/camp-rw/?trackId=5ced5692ade4e21968ecfd82&s=5ffe12d09d2fda0efbac3cae&linknum=1&linktot=51

https://messaging-custom-newsletters.nytimes.com/template/oakv2?abVariantId=0&campaign_id=9&instance_id=25950&nl=the-morning&productCode=NN&regi_id=108526780&segment_id=49160&te=1&uri=nyt%3A%2F%2Fnewsletter%2F13115fa9-efdf-53cc-bed0-10d6e2709200&user_id=574d2e49281da9e6f81a867042569e39

===
EXCERPT

What’s useful? Here’s a good discussion and compilation:

Have you guys seen Razer’s Covid mask?

>Razer’s ….

Bzzzzt! Looks like it has an exhaust valve. If so it fails as a Covid mask.

If not, anything with lights, fans and batteries is still going to be difficult to wash after use/before reuse.

Lol, for when your streaming alone in your bedroom.

This transparency is funny …. “so people can see your mouth when you talk”
I thought the only thing good about the mask is people can’t see you talking :slight_smile:

I saw someone on the news with one of these clear masks… was fogging up with condensation … looks even worse. “gross” popped into my head
Maybe some kind face humidity mask treatment … keep your lips moist and glowing … for stuff…. :laughing:

Ya seems gimmicky but I guess maybe it’ll get more people to wear masks. No one where I live wears them except in stores and restaurants. Not even at the gym

In brief — the control measuers that have been effective in use up til now fail with the new Coronavirus variant.

How will it get more people to wear masks?
I don’t think so, anti-maskers are not waiting for this product.

They are not comfortable, they are annoying. Only way to get people to wear a mask is to tell them they can’t enter without one.
It’s been that way in NY since march

Yeah probably true… I don’t think anyone likes wearing masks. Uncomfortable, hard to breathe, fog up glasses, iPhone face unlock doesn’t work…

4th positive Corona test for congressperson.

“Representative Adriano Espaillat, Democrat of New York, announced on Thursday he had tested positive for the coronavirus, as concerns continue to mount on Capitol Hill that efforts to corral lawmakers into secure locations during last week’s siege by Trump supporters may have led to a super-spreader event.
Mr. Espaillat, 66, who received his second dose of the Pfizer vaccine last week, said he was not experiencing any symptoms and that he was isolating at home. In a statement, he said he understood that it took time for the vaccine to be fully effective and that he had continued to take all necessary precautions.”

===

some things that dont make sense to me
congresspeople tested positive the day after the invasion, but corona tests are not that quick to detect infection, on a first day of exposure… nor even a week after.

and this congressperson, had already had BOTH doses of the vaccine.

one of the other congresspeople to get a positive test had had only the first dose of the vaccine

I dont know what is going on, but I can make something up…

What if the vaccine is what is giving these people positive corona test results?

What if, they were infected before the invasion… it takes at least 5 days for a test to detect an exposure…

more questions than answers, Im afraid… I dont know what to believe