Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

This includes discussing the validity of what the government and/or its health officials/departments have declared regarding the pandemic, so please keep your opinions to yourself on this forum to avoid controversy. Thanks.

As for trolling, if anybody is getting accused of trolling then please change to avoid giving that impression. And as for those who accuse users of trolling, please refrain and instead use the Report button and/or PM me. Thanks.

I see my post was deleted sorry if my opinion was not within the rules. I suppose I am not used to the american style of discussion were you are only free to speak if you follow within a set of rules.

Ok I have no opinion in this post it is for educational porpoise only.

WARNING some of the doctors reports are a little hard/sad to read.

This is something very interesting on a government website connected to CDC

This is simple but has a few steps you need to go though to get there as with all government & corporations’ websites

Go to vasers.hhs.gov/data.html

Scroll down and click on Search CDC Wonder (you need to tick the box also).

When that page opens click on the agree button (bottom of page) than go back up click on the Request Form on the left it may take some time to open you may need to click on it a few times.

Than you will see a box titled
Group Results By: in the drop down menu go to VAERS ID
Just under that tick: Adverse Event Description

Now under
2. Select symptoms
You will see ALL (ALL Symptoms) click on that to highlight.

3. Select vaccine characteristics
Click on Results of search
type in covid19

Than click on to high light
All Manufacturers (next to that) All doeses

Now because there is so many reports click on just one manufacture as you can only have 10,000 rows in the report.
Start with Moderna
Than later if you want go back and do PFIZER-BIONTECH

4. Select location, age,gender

The united states/territories/Unknow - All ages – All genders

Skip down to
7.Select report completed dates
From Dec-2020
UntilJan-2021

8.Select report received dates
From Dec-2020
UntilJan-2021

Then hit send
Than scroll though the reports.
Very sad so many deaths and so many major problems.

I hope this has not broken any rules? If so let me know how.

Thousands die everyday in the US. A large amount of elderly people were vaccinated, many if them will die of natural causes regardless of the vaccine. If the death is soon after a vaccine still in phase 4 it will be reported to the government for posterior analysis like everywhere in the world, some may be related to the vaccine but most of them likely not. The US is more transparent than most governments with such data, if they wanted to hide that it would just report a 404 outside whitelisted IPs and request a 40-letter password, cryptographic key and biometric data for whitelisted ones.

I don’t believe that none of the 29 deaths that Norway ware investigating was related to the vaccine, the vaccine gives the inmune system a strong workout, some fever may be enough for a very frail person to die, very frail people should have received a smaller dose or no vaccine at all, but for my mother, who is healthy enough and not so old, I would rather risk the side effects from the vaccine than the risk from Covid19 (My country got some of the Pfizer or at least the president tell us so), though she feels safer with the somewhat less effective Oxford/AstraZeneca, after all Covid19 is still at reasonable levels in my country.

First of all, sorry that your post ended up being removed. In this case, it happened automatically via the Report button algorithm. It’s not a matter of us agreeing or not with your opinion, and your experience is what it is. Please see my recent posts in this topic, where I make an effort to clarify that I’m not trying to establish myself or BLF as an authority on what is truth and what is fake, and I’m not trying to change or refute or in any other way influence the opinions of others regarding the coronavirus situation. I simply have to set and enforce rules regarding controversial posts, whether they be fact, falsehood, opinion, or even scientific data— anything that is generally considered to be controversial or has a track record here of being controversial has no place on a flashlight forum with a diverse, international userbase. Peace and friendly discussion is the reason for BLF’s existence, whereas debate about political and social issues should be taken elsewhere on the internet for those who want to engage in that sort of discussion.

This isn’t an American thing. BLF has a large international userbase; that’s a really important aspect of this forum that we should respect and try to preserve. And precisely to that end we all need to be extremely careful to avoid hot button issues that are currently dividing the world and focus on the common hobby of flashlights, with a bit of friendly, non-political, non-activist, uncontroversial off-topic chit-chat thrown into the mix.

+1, 7th grade was probably a challenge to teach with widely varying maturity levels, good on ya.

The bar on name calling is way, way low sadly. I agree it is elementary level and juvenile. Bad precidents have been set it seems. No pun intended.

I don’t understand several of the posts here lately. For example, maybe someone can explain the following to me: the post saying that the poster has no opinion, but they’re providing a link to a website that shows the deaths and “problems” due to the vaccines, although that is not what the data there shows?

And the post saying a member was infected by Covid-19, and it was no worse than the seasonal flu, after they told us they were not tested for it?

Alternative facts?

“Its not what we dont know that gets us in trouble…. it’s what we do know that is just not so”…… Mark Twain

Covid appears to be a darwinian force that selects against ignorance. Unfortunately it also causes a lot of collateral damage.

Are there any guarantees in life? Even a positive or negative test is no guarantee, I suppose (which, I admit, cuts both ways). Picture this: 3 people held each other’s hands on Sunday. On Wednesday, all 3 are symptomatic including fever. Duration and type of symptoms is similar for all 3, although 1 (not me) has more headache and loss of taste and smell than the other 2. 2 of the 3 get tested for Covid-19 and the result for each is positive. Isn’t it very likely that person #3 had the same virus as the other 2?

Maybe it wasn’t, probably it was.

My posts have not been digressive, extraneous or off-topic. Their intent has never been to start flame wars, upset people, provoke emotional responses, or derail the topic. My intent has always been to discuss the stated topic, calmly, rationally, and without emotionalism. But admittedly some facts and truths have provoked emotional responses in spite of my hope that they would instead provoke independent thinking and rational consideration. And the “kill the messenger” response has greatly overwhelmed the “let’s hear more facts” response, so much so that we have been steered away (in thread guidelines) from posting facts. It’s truly unfortunate IMO, but most are cheering, so it is my intent to make this my last post in the thread. Break out the cake and the party hats, boys, and have a blast. :partying_face:

Saw an interesting interview with Fauci explaining basic information about CoronaViruses on Second Opinion with Joan Lunden. Some takeaways:

CV’s have been around and studied a long time—they are in the “common cold” virus family.

There have been 3 recent pandemics related to CVs,

1. 2002 SARS orginated out of China but had a somewhat limited efficiency at spreading.

2. 2012 Middle Eastern Resp Syndrome MERS, jumped species from ?Bat to ?xxx to Human, not an efficient spreading variety or as deadly as SARS.

3. 2019 Covid-19, this variety is characterized as a very efficient spreader, and has a much higher degree of morbidity and mortality.

MERS was nowhere near a pandemic. I don’t think SARS-1 was called a pandemic either. Both MERS (34% CFR) and SARS-1 (11% CFR) were a lot more lethal than SARS-2 aka Covid-19 (~2%). Actual infection fatality rates are hard to workout.

Of course, because Covid-19 infected a lot more people it killed more people, despite the reduced lethality.

I understand. Thank you for providing more facts about your personal experience that put your previous comments here in better perspective for me.

I guess we just see the world differently, in some ways, at least. If I was sure I had been infected with Covid-19, and the effects on me were no worse than the effects of the seasonal flu, my personal reaction would be different than yours. My personal reaction, given what we know about the percentage of those infected with the virus who end up dead or with long-lasting or permanent health problems as a result, would be to consider myself lucky. I wouldn’t think that there was no cause for worry or anxiety about the virus for the general population, and particularly for those in groups for which Covid-19 is now a very common cause of death. Or that the media are promoting a particular emotional response from me by reporting on the facts about a communicable disease that has caused over 450,000 deaths in my country within a year. But I realize that’s my personal reaction, and not everyone reacts the same way to any particular circumstance or facts.

[quote=NorthernHarrier]

That’s just common sense mate, you don’t need to apologise for being able to think. If someone gets covid, has mild or no symptoms and then goes around claiming it’s nothing to worry about they’re a f*cking idiot. And should probably get a chest xray.

Today’s stories featured on the Washington Post home page:

Today’s news from the Washington Post:

===

It ain’t over yet.

Some news for the U.S.

The U.S. has ordered 200 million more COVID-19 vaccines doses.

The U.S. will have enough vaccine doses to vaccinate 300 million Americans, which is about enough to vaccinate everyone that wants one.

And, speaking of that, Dr. Fauci predicted that everyone in the U.S. that wants a vaccine should be able to start getting them by April.