Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

Yup, some people just have to downplay COVID-19 every chance they can.

There's no use reasoning with them either.

:+1:

Thing is, I’m a biologist and I actually could dig in and read most of the articles about testing new treatments, understand what they were doing and find out what is promising and what is not.
But I don’t have to because there are people at the EMA who are better in this stuff than me and whose job it is to screen through all the new treatments and find which ones to approve. And I trust them to do their job well, so if they report that thusfar the ivermectin trials reports are not convincing enough so say that the stuff works I simply believe what they are saying, they for sure know better than me.

While the wording lacks nuance Kat is not entirely wrong, latest national stats here show that more than a third of covid attributed death were people that had less than a year of life expectancy, one of the biggest hospital data showed that something like 86% (can’t remeber exac number was between 85 and 90) of people who died of covid had a life expectancy of between 1 and 3 years, so yeah most covid death happen to the poor souls that already have a foot in the grave and need very little to have both, wich obviously does not mean we shoudln’t take covid seriously.

I am happy to be Vaccinated, using an FDA approved medication that my Doctor approves of, and was provided by the State Health Department.

If others want to use seemingly promising, up and coming, Alternative treatments, such as off label use of worm and lice killing products, without Medical supervision, and without FDA approval, I respect their right to make different choices than I do.

Medical decisions are deeply personal, and not open to debate in a public forum.

Wellp, that’s true, but the problem is that any Dissenting Opinion is shouted down, sometimes angrily, and sometimes with name-calling.

And that’s how and why threads get shut down. Too many people can’t just “let it go”.

Poor souls of those who will also be long haulers and that within years may not fully recover from the disease effects and whose life will also be shortened… And they can be the youngest in our families…

It’s “Déjà vu all over again”

I bet in the next pandemic - whenever it happens again - people will still be “discussing” in these terms :person_facepalming:
“We” never learn…and that is why we are doomed. More or less :wink:

Stay safe people :+1:

Yes, probably something akin to natural selection. Thinning process………

The issue I see is that when three letter agencies shut down these treatment options on the basis of “not enough data” or “inconclusive evidence” or “clinical trials have not been started/completed” etc. Other rhetoric that I find inflammatory that only seems to apply to certain peoples opinions is ” the benefits outweigh the risks “.

Okay. So why haven’t the trials been done? Why isn’t there data? In such an emergency/pandemic where ‘every avenue is being evaluated’, where are the results to this one? Its been around for at least half of the pandemic.

@LB

I’m with you here. There is a sharp hypocrisy in this thread and in the world. “You can believe that your car is any color you want - as long as you say it’s black”

I think both sides of the ivermectin argument have been fairly presented here. Any further discussion will not change anyone's mind and will only lead to arguments, so please avoid this subject from now on.

I have a cousin (a chartered accountant, in her early 60’s, always very fit and athletic) who had it almost a year ago and she still hasn’t fully recovered. She now suffers from shortness of breath, extreme fatigue and what she refers to as “difficulty thinking”. She hasn’t been able to return to work, and her doctor described her chest x-ray as ‘looking like Swiss cheese’.

Apparently one of the virus’ favourite tricks is to break down the walls between the alveoli, leaving reduced surface area for gas exchange. Incidentally, she was neither hospitalized nor intubated; she toughed it out at home, which in hindsight may have been foolish.

Her husband also had it at the same time, but recovered quite well other than suffering a month or two loss of smell and taste. The two teenage grandsons who live with them throughout were unaffected - no symptoms, and tested negative. My wife and I, both retired, have been lucky so far, but we’ve been as careful as we can possibly be. We’re booked for vaccine in a week.

Deniers do so at their own peril, but they imperil others while they do it. This thing is real, and like the Spanish Flu, we’ll be feeling it’s after effects for a generation. Forget the magic crystals, witches incantations and monkey medicines. Just get vaccinated and tarp your damn pie hole.

I guess you saw my latest Amazon order...

Should I try to cancel it?

This is unfortunate news but luckily it’s a very rare occurrence. My middle daughter took this vaccine a week ago so we’ll be on the lookout for any of the symptoms mentioned in the article.

J&J blood clot issue

“For people who have received the Johnson & Johnson shot, those who have developed severe headache, abdominal pain, leg pain or shortness of breath within three weeks after vaccination should contact their health care provider, according to the statement.

The statement also noted that these adverse events “appear to be extremely rare.”

“It’s a very rare event. You’re talking about 1 per million, and when you give millions of doses of vaccines, you will see events like this that you couldn’t see in the clinical trial just because you didn’t have millions of people enrolled,”

Actually I read this morning that it’s more like 1 in 2 million.

I might be overly suspicious, but when you consider the financial rewards to these drug manufacturers, it’s not impossible that they might sometimes cast aspersions upon each other. Astra-Zeneca was the first to be called out for clotting; coincidentally they’re the only ones who have vowed to supply their product on a non profit basis. In their case, the incidence of clotting was shown to be exactly that of non-vaccinated individuals.

I’ll take the first thing offered, and be grateful.

COVID patient with sepsis makes ’remarkable’ recovery following megadose of vitamin C

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-03/mega-dose-of-vitamin-c-treats-sepsis-florey-institute-austin/12939202

Vitamin C, Linus Pauling was right all along. A doctor’s opinion
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154#1

A Pilot Trial of High-Dose Vitamin C in COVID-19 Patients
https://www.technologynetworks.com/proteomics/news/a-pilot-trial-of-high-dose-vitamin-c-in-covid-19-patients-344503

IVC Protocol Vitamin C Research
https://riordanclinic.org/research-study/vitamin-c-research-ivc-protocol/

The never-ending war against vitamin C
https://www.peakenergy.com/articles/nh20160314/The-never-ending-war-against-vitamin-C/

Don’t go too far from home if you take more’n 1g/day, though. You’ll get diarrhœa almost like someone flicked a switch.

No, you won’t get diarrhea from just 1g/day… I’ve been taking 6 - 8 grams of Ascorbic Acid powder daily for the last 5 years…
some people take 15g and more, and you can take up to 50 - 100 grams daily if you are sick.

If you can’t tolerate the acidity, you can take buffered Vitamin C, like sodium ascorbate or magnesium ascorbate.

Vitamin C Therapeutics
http://www.doctoryourself.com/vitaminc.html

How to Determine Vitamin C Dosage
http://www.doctoryourself.com/titration.html

Doh! Yeah, screwed up the decimal. Meant 10g/day.

I’d take 1000mg (1g) tablets on occasion, like 8g or so if a cold was going around.

Used to pop ’em like Pez…