Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

True story, on Monday a guy returned to work here in the USA after getting off a cruise ship the very day before. He packages food for you and me. He has a bad cough.

The more I learn—the less I know. Trying to follow the progression of the Corona Virus seems to be an exercise of futility. Living in Washington State USA and a senior citizen as well, I’m kind of in the path of the storm. That said, I live on the east side of the state and the virus hasn’t been found over here….yet. It’s only a matter of time, of course. It’s coming. Local school district actually shut down for 3 days last week when a suspected case occurred. Took 4 days(4 days?)to get the results back which were negative. During that time, private contractors completely disinfected all the school buildings in the district. So we’re clean….I guess…right? For now anyway.
So what shall I (we?) believe is coming next?. The president insists the matter is totally under control. Meanwhile Italy is in a state of total shutdown, German Chancellor Merkel believes an infection rate of 60—70% is likely and the governor of Washington State has declared a state of emergency with the rate of elder infection increasing daily. I know nobody here has the answer but I sure hope I live long enough to know—is this a real pandemic or just an over-blown “hoax” as we’ve been told? I guess I’ll find out soon enough.

Seems the US govt has finally changed its stance from “we are ahead of this and have it completely under control” to now saying “its going to get much worse”. Its obvious they have reached a point where they can no longer deny their incompetence and misleading information. To protect against panic that hurts the economy they have chosen to lie about the situation putting people in peril instead ……. its nothing but Greed and Politics. If their ineptitude wasn’t so dangerous, it would be funny.

Well, the fact that all the disinfectant and toilet paper is either sold out, or nearly sold out, isn’t a hoax. Reminds me of when we lived in Virginia, and the day before a hurricane arrived, people would go into full panic mode and buy everything in the grocery stores. Today, I saw people with shopping carts full of canned goods, paper products, powered milk, etc…

Most likely you will live like most will.

The problem is the numbers that get respiratory problems that need hospital care. 9000 people have been tested positive for COVID-19 in northern Italy from a population of 15 million. Let’s assume that another 40,000 people have the virus but have too mild symptoms to be detected (this is still an unknown). So it has reached 0.3% of the population. At this moment, northern Italy has reached the limit of what their hositals can manage in a proper way. Mind that Italy is a modern country with a proper health care system.

WHO has declared it officially as pandemic!

This kind of unnecessary inflammatory rant is what gets threads shut down.

Here’s another perspective,
Yes Hank ,I know about david ike & conspiracy theory’s ,I’m not a believer or a disbeliever, just putting it out here for those who do like that sort of thing.

A 36 year old woman is in critical condition in Omaha Nebraska who traveled to England. Her family all now test positive and are quarantined but she right before falling ill had attended a special Olympics event and then a banquet at a veterans center. She first we to methodist hospital but has since been transferred to unmc where they have a special biocontainment center where they have been taking covid patients from across the country. I’m waiting to see how many people end up infected. They have put nursing facilities on lock down and closed local schools.

Any one know if this video real? Its the simulation of a new Corona virus done is October/2019. Its called event 201 epidemic.

This short version is all about fiances of countries and businesses.

Long video here

in Austria all schools will be closed from Monday until April 12th

also Kindergarden

we are advised not to bring the litrel ones to the grandparents

not to visit the elderly in their homes

avoid crowds and social contacts...

museums, baths etc closed from today

restaurants and canines as well as supermarkets need to limit their visitors to 100 people max

on the borders people are getting fever measured or denied entry

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases announced that the COVID-19 fatality rate estimate is already lowered to 1% in his data, which is a quick improvement in numbers from the 3% rate which was/is being pushed.

What are the numbers in South Korea and why aren’t we being told the age, sex, race and medical information of the dead in Italy?

I’m really curious about these S. Korea versus Italy results.

I spoke too soon. Today 3 test results out of 90 tests through the state lab have produced positive results. 2
Two from a couple who recently returned from Egypt and one who visited NYC recently.

Huh? Obviously you are either naive or not paying attention. Your response is something I would expect from someone who is unable to discern the lies the govt has been telling them. Sadly this is the ‘Deep State’ with its intentional misinformation that we now live in. Hopefully there are still enough clear thinking, trustworthy folks that can see through this who will expose how serious the situation actually is.
Maybe you are not concerned because it is mainly the elderly that are affected,
Wait a couple of weeks, then reconsider your post…… I promise not to say …… “I told you so” …. I only hope you can say it to me.

Personally, I am prepared for months of isolation if necessary. Im not worried about myself but I will continue my concern and care for my 93yo mother.

Wonder where he got his numbers. I hope he’s right, but Johns Hopkins says it’s more like 3.67% as of today. Seems like China quit reporting. It’s been in the 80k range for the last few wks. With 11 million people in Wuhan alone, sure seems like it would be much more.

Probably got them from Trump on a “hunch”.

I think what he’s saying is that jumping into politics and X-bashing is what gets threads shut down.

Recent threads like “Have you ever seen a UFO?”, “Do you believe in ghosts?”, etc., instead of just having replies being yes/no/maybe/unno, devolved into politics, religion, name-calling, etc., that got pretty ugly pretty fast.

And let’s face is, people seem to have their panties all in a bunch about anything lately. An exchange might go…

Wow, some drought they're having in the midwest.

Yeah, and that idiot Trump doesn't believe in "climate change"...

Wait... what??

Great, people like to vent and beat on that one drum, I get it. But if you’re in a room full of bulls, don’t wave a red cape.

I think the China and Iranian numbers should be disregarded by the world for general public usage and that the rest of us should start putting together what we think the real numbers are for our own conditions.

Personally I am interested in numbers that are usable to Americans, and I assume that most people are most interested in numbers that are usable in their own countries and don’t want those distorted or made useless by putting all the world’s various countries, cultures, habits, demographics, and capabilities into a single pool.

Norway is not China, and so on.

@ Lightbringer - In order to start a ruckus about politics you have be on one side or the other…… Im not and I couldn’t care less about who’s in charge. What does bother me is intentional misinformation …… and it should bother anyone that simply wants ‘the truth’ in order to make well informed decisions.

From China numbers there may somthing suggest allready but nothing right before it over (dont blame statistics, it’s people who use numbers for theyr own benefit) Anyway, there was pointed out that in China 60% get ill between 4 weaks and between 6 weeks there were 90% cases
Mostly who died in China was over 60 year old (19% was younger so far, maybe for yonger get dying simply longer) and I think, it was 7 mart situation in Italy, that medium age who died was over 80

nice article about numbers and health
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2020/03/security_of_hea.html

but somthing already sold out