Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

Exactly. The next 2 weeks will be very telling……
Problem is, those folks that wont show any symptoms for 2 weeks are walking around now.

Locked up airtight alright.

Today my friends is a date you may want to circle.
It is when the chickens came home to roost.

Always wondered what the preppers were referring to when they constantly said “For when the sheet hits the fan”
Now I know, cause it just did.
Have a new found respect for those preppers because they aren’t hoarding or panic buying anything right now.

Good luck to all and Goodnight.
Muto

The cancellations, (college tournaments,classes,pro tennis tournament, and now the NBA), should, as said above, surely be getting our attention. This is costing a fortune, and such decisions are never made lightly. It does make me wonder how serious this really is or will be.

I’m baffled as well, I see the world closing down and financial ruin everywhere, almost all the damage of an end of civilization pandemic being brought down on most of the world, but I can’t see what the cause is yet.

Where is the beef?

What kind of food, for what label, where?

And does he have a fever? These little handheld no-contact thermometers are quite handy.

Hollywood star and actor Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson got infected and now show typical symptoms of a cold.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51847198

In the Melbourne Formula 1, the number of suspected cases of coronavirus increases to at least five. At the US racing stable Haas, two more employees are added. This was reported by team boss Guenther Steiner. A total of four employees at Haas are thus affected. According to Steiner, the team consists of an engineer and three mechanics. "We should get the results this afternoon", Steiner said. There is a suspicious case at McLaren. They are waiting for news there as well.

Twitter sends every employee into homeoffice in order to reduce the rate of infection.

Because of the spread of the coronavirus, the USA is closing its borders to foreigners from Europe. "We will suspend all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days," Trump said in an address to the nation. Travellers from Great Britain were excluded. Americans coming from Europe would have to undergo appropriate tests.

No!!!

Now I'm really being affected.

I love the NBA!

That’s all about killing two birds with one stone.
Vigorous actions that only affects other people, and respecting the interests of your new BFF’s

WTF is happen in America ?

Europeans are forbitten to come
and people from England are still welcome.

In my opinion this is

Political bullshit

and nothing to do against the virus.

The CDC (or was it the WHO) already said that travel bans don't work with the coronavirus, so I tend to agree with your sentiment.

Unfortunately, many of the steps countries take in the name of preventing the virus are just politics.

I will not comment on the USA government decision, but I am not sure if what you said is complete accurate, RC!
Also, I am very “confuse” and trying to make my mind about all this situation, so my thoughts may be a bit “mixed” and messed!

See: if more - unware - infected people come in or go out of a certain area, they will help spreading the virus. If there is a “restriction” in movements, it is more likely to contain the already existing cases and prevent other contaminations.

It is like cutting the oxygen to a fire. If it isn’t fed, it will probably extinguish or at least diminish at some time.

We won’t get vaccines anytime soon, so we must act to prevent dissemination.

The major issues are that:
1 - people can carry the virus without knowing it and travel within national space and even go abroad, and help spreading it
2 - many countries cannot impose the limit to those movements, as it clashes against individual freedoms

Therefore, it will be very difficult to restrain people movements, even if the flights are restrained. You have movements on cars, boats, trains, subway, bus, on foot…

I’ve been going to work on foot to avoid subway. Still, if I arrive to my workplace and someone is contaminated…I may get it too (on the “right” conditions, of course) . So this is quite complicated to manage…

One thing we have to admit is: this is and will be a crisis that has largely surpassed national boundaries (whatever and wherever they are), and MOSTLY - to proof what I mentioned before in another thread - it doesn’t matter if you are chinese, portuguese, english, american, italian, south african, brazilian, australian … you can carry the virus and spread it!

BTW, will we worry about your national packages now? :stuck_out_tongue:

Suggestions:

- clean and wash your hands thoroughly (and faces, as we don’t breed by the fingers) with soap or alchool based solutions

- always wash them when you enter home to avoid touching everything/anyone else

- stay away from big concentrations of people (even if they are your friends or family)

- avoid shaking hands and kissing other people as social compliments

- clean the doors pushers, your keyboard, and most of the things that are more “exposed”

- check your body temperature in case you feel some symptoms

- use other strategies to open doors and touch things that have been touched by many people before

- avoid trips or unnecessary dislocations

• if you have that possibility, call your national health line (if you have it) to ask about what to do instead of rushing to hospitals or health centers

Just some tips…and even these are very hard to comply with and may not stop you from being contaminated.

CURRENT SITUATION (around the world)

I’ll post some data from UpToDate (basically google for doctors) when I get into work today

Now some local governments are abandoning quarantines and adopting “mitigation”

Sacramento ends coronavirus containment strategy, 14-day quarantine

Slovenia, Norway and Ireland have shut down all schools.

The season opening in Formula 1 is probably just about to be cancelled. The McLaren racing team reported that one of their employees tested positive for the corona virus. The team from Woking, Great Britain, then announced in Melbourne that they would not be competing in the Australian Grand Prix. The race is scheduled for Sunday.

Saudi-Arabia has also closed its borders to foreigners from Europe.

The takeaway is that nobody believes they are “one of them”, and there are no safety measures to seek “them” out. Everyone just goes about their routine.
As for what food, it was literally item #1 on my shopping list of standard-non-perishables to buy last week. By standard-non-perishable, I mean something we all keep on hand, but is also good for stocking up on because it lasts forever on a shelf.

Mississippi was one of the last US states not to have an active case………… until yesterday…… but now it is now here also. The question now is how many folks are already infected carriers that are not aware they are spreading it. It is not so much the folks we know are infected as it is the folks that we/they DONT know.

Exactly.

I was watching a TV show, and they said that the death rate in South Korea is really low from Wuhan coronavirus.

They said that if the U.S. adopted policies similar to what they're doing in South Korea, we'd be doing a lot better.

That were some pretty heavy measures in South Korea so brace yourself! Also, everyone needs to participate, in the absence of brute enforcement by police and army, fighting this virus requires a strong community feeling of wanting to defeat it together. I think that they do that well in Asia (on top of enforcement). I read an article about how Hong Kong manages to contain the virus (sofar) by a series of voluntary measures that are carried out together.