Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

Post #2001!

(at the moment)

I wouldn’t waste time trying to figure out how the virus developed, whether it came from a lab or not.

All the deep investigative stuff will unravel in time but in the meanwhile it is of no value to keep speculating and arguing and counter arguing about things that we have no way of knowing yet but probably will learn the truth of eventually, or at least have firmer foundations to base our opinions on.

Word.

There’ll be time enough for countin’
When the dealin’s done.

I love that song, I went to give it a listen, then noticed the commenters said he died 2 weeks ago. Damn.

Someone asked if governments/governmental agencies/official institutions can lie for political reasons

Watch Mike Pompeo in action

This is the guy spearheading the blame China campaign. Maybe that’s the reason why we are seeing a huge surge in conspiracy theories of the virus being a bio weapon.

Everything is about China. We’re being told to try and get this messaging out in any way possible, including press conferences and television appearances.

And yes Epoch Times and many others employed under the Fa Lun Gong media empire are pure conspiracy outlets driving the bio weapon narrative, which should not be taken seriously.

Completely agree. There’s much more value in topics such as how to better protect ourselves from the virus than exploring conspiracies.

Excellent find!!! More scientific proof to show my friends. :slight_smile:

I enjoyed these Q&As with infectious disease experts Dr. Marcel Behr and Dr. Timothy Evans. Instead of headlines and speculations, it’s so refreshing to hear intelligent and educated responses. Since many questions are user-submitted, they address lots of common concerns.

MedCram - Medical Lectures Explained CLEARLY - YouTube]

I watch Medcram. It is SO EASY to understand even for non medical people like me.

Regarding face masks, I’m not an expert in this area and I don’t have a strong opinion on the recommendations either way, but I’d like to point out that making public policy is not a simple matter.

Perhaps almost paradoxically, I think it is possible for both the recommendation of the CDC / Surgeon General and the South Korean / Chinese policies to be “right” based on assessing and weighing factors differently.

For instance, one factor is the possibility of airborne transmission, while another is the correct usage of masks and people’s behavior when wearing them.

Some might argue incorrect mask usage or inclinations to touch one’s face while wearing one could put people at greater risk. A counterargument is that incorrect usage should be addressed by education on correct usage, not by advocating no usage. A counter-counterargument could be that recommendations are made based on observed/researched behavior and not on possible future behaviors. And so on…

Another remark is that these recommendations have been for the public at large. Their validity will not be the same for all groups or individuals. This can explain the seeming contradiction between not recommending masks for the public, while recommending them for health practitioners.

At 48:18 in the second video I posted above, the doctors addressed a question referencing the video about the South Korean doctor who strongly recommends masks. Their opinion is to stick to the official recommendation, due to people’s behavior with masks, them being only “incrementally beneficial”, and preferring to focus on more important transmission factors. They note the “fixation” on masks and clarify that it is “only one part of a multi-pronged strategy.” Which is not to say that masks are not effective.

Again, I don’t have a strong opinion on this. I just want to point out that the seemingly contradictory recommendations, even from various respected experts, is not necessarily an indication of deception or lack of transparency, and that the reasons behind policy decisions are complex and nuanced.

thats why masks help not to infect people near you (or the stuff in the store)

our gov made it clear such masks are not like the medical stuff and cannot protect you from inhaling a virus
but it help to slow the spreading (especially as infected people spread days before they notice sympthoms)

I want a Tactical Mask.

It’d go great with my Tactical Shaver and Tactical Sunglasses.

Those ads on late night about the tactical sunglasses, they will probably get on the wagon with Tactical Mask!
And it will be available in your choice of Camo or Red/White/Blue.
Call now!

The Whole debate over mask effectiveness is created by the govt’s attempt to misinform folks because they are unable to admit they were simply unprepared…… and without a valid explanation short of incompetence. Masks, gowns and gloves are not expensive or difficult to produce and stocks should have been up to date or at least fast tracked by Feburary 1. What I find worrying is ALL hospitals were/are unprepared. Who’s supposed to be in charge of these things? Like Ive said before, when they finally do get ‘up to speed’ and PPE’s are readily available…… mark my word, they will be telling us…… “dont leave home without a mask” …. the govt loves telling us what to do. Heck, Im surprised they havent made me put pants on my dog to cover his ‘jewels’ because he might ‘expose’ someone.

Yes. But unfortunately debates are better than the alternative… You have seen what people will do to each other to get the last case of toilet paper. What do you think they would be doing to each other to get the last N95 mask their life depended on?

Hmmmm, hadnt thought of that. :open_mouth:

I think there will be plenty of them when they get up to speed…… which shouldnt take long if there is money involved.
They should already have the manufacturing and machinery …… Spit em out.

It’s already too late for a lot of victims.

Some more stats:

50K + corona deaths as of now.

2.56 mil pneumonia deaths in 2017

More than 2 months passed since Wuhan city closed, we are safe and don’t have to wear masks anytime anywhere. But wear masks is part of life now. There is one or two times, I found myself without mask outside, I felt embarrassed like I was naked when people stared at me.