Costco outdoor 110v lighting

**If this topic is out of order here, do not hesitate to advise me constructively. I have a hate / love affair with Costco offered 110v L.E.D. lighting (learned "Altair lighting is the maker); I love the bargain, but hate the lighting results. In my experience the Costco offered brand of 110v l.e.d. lightbulbs is “Feit” branded and they have not proved reliable life expectancy, so now we avoid them like a plague. As well, before learning better I bought some Costco 110v L.E.D. outdoor lighting fixtures that I really like the look / style, and really love the reasonable (bargain) price. However, within a week or so of mounting them, they began flickering like strobe lights - all night long. As a result we quit even turning them on 3+ years ago. Now that my oldest daughter is living in that house, Dad (moi) wants to fix said outdoor L.E.D. lights for her w/o re-spending too much. My searches yielded the knowledge that the Costco 110 L.E.D. lighting is made be “Altair” Lighting and that it’s Not in my head, but in fact millions of customers have the same poor reliability issues. Further searching yielded a company called “L.E.D. Supply” out of Vermont, who’s information on the website directly ‘spoke’ about the troubles with Costco / Alstair 110v L.E.D. outdoor lighting, and the ‘cures’ that they supply. It all seems to check out in my mind, owing to the time I’ve spent learning at this blf site. It seems that - yes, the lights are beautiful with one major problem; the L.E.D. components are bottom of the barrel in terms of quality And matching up. The l.e.d. drivers are a poor match for the l.e.d.'s, etc. *So, is anyone else familiar with any of this, and would you share what you’ve learned ? Thank you all so much ~ D.

Return it and try a different one.

Yep, even 3+ years later with no receipt. They’ll accept it. Seriously.

Perhaps Jeff; However, knowing what I know now, is that solution potentially still peeing up a rope ?

For sure. You could return it and go with a different manufacturer. I just wouldn’t bother trying to repair something that’s defective when it’s in the return ‘window’ if I didn’t have to.

Flickering could just be bad contact. Is it an led bulb? If so make sure the thing is really screwed in tight. Either way check if the contacts are clean, connections are good, etc

I’m clearly not within the return window. I’ve ordered the whole kit, at roughly the same price I paid for the fixture when I bought it, so I’ll see how that goes. I really like the style of the light, so if worse comes to worse, and the kit only fixes the strobing for a short time, I’ll take it back down again, remove the l.e.d. components, drill the l.e.d. mounting hole out to 3/8" diameter, and install a 110v edison bulb socket. I had perhaps vainly hoped others here had the same experience and could advise one way or the other. So, that said, “who” if you know, makes a reliable 110v l.e.d. light bulb or hard wired 110v l.e.d. fixture ? *Anyone, please.

Wanna bet? Trust me, you’re within the return window.