CPF 404 Not Found

Here’s all I know,
I don’t go to that other site or the Faceplant sites, everything I need is here.

Our community is actively creating new flashlights in concert with manufacturers who really want to give the people what they want.
We vet the hardware, write or improve the software and UI and get budget conscious flashlights built that don’t break the bank and still be something you can proud to own.
Now, show me a Faceplant group or any other enthusiast site that does all that?

Rant/brag off.
Thanks to the group and especially sb56637 for having me and us.

Later,
Keith

we are what we are and are changing
they are what they were and are solidifying

Ha, Faceplant. I’m definitely not a fan of FB either, and I never will be. Reddit has also become a very toxic place in general, exactly what I don’t what BLF to become.

… sometimes. We haven’t been very kind in this thread.

Have you thought about asking SB if he would be interested in hosting a lightsaber subforum?

I imagine there is at least some crossover interest from the community here.

All we are… all we are, we are.

We are all, all we need.

Not bashing anybody.

I like BLF, period. I tried the rest, but here’s the best.

Best bunch of weird, helpful, knowledgeable flashlight screwballs you could ever wish to run across. :slight_smile:

Woohoo!

Although CPF has a ton of useful information, the attitude here is so much friendlier.

In the future, I wish CPF and BLF great success!

I was a member of CPF back in the mid 2000’s but somewhere along the years I lost interest. I recently got back into lights after some camping and discovered this new forum. The feeling here is very inviting, and the idea that one can make such specific requests from manufacturers is incredible to me. I have made purchases based on the recommendations I have read here and I was pleasantly surprised. I tried going back and searching in CPF but I found it hard to navigate, that and the results were sparse. I appreciate seeing the freedom to contribute and the embracing of the wide range in budget. Thanks for the super informative threads and posts, I’ve learned a lot from them and hope to learn much more.

Just noticed this thread:

Heh, didn’t take them long to close it. :laughing:

While the moderation on CPF can be oppressive, I still find it better for discussion of Zebralights (I’m a fan-boy), and battery-related stuff. BLF is definitely better at discussing new flashlights and the tech in general. CPF does seems to have stagnated in recent years, and seems more focused on US produced flashlights than the stuff coming out of China (which I personally find much more innovative than the US stuff).

BLF compared to CPF is like night and day, much more relaxed and friendly on this side of the fence.

The attitude, admins and mods wreck CPF, it’s no wonder a lot of them are coming to BLF.

Plus they are far too profit based

I had no idea that I’m an admin. :person_facepalming:

Lol

You’ve been promoted. Guess you didn’t get the letter in the mail yet?

Oh sorry. Meant sb######.

It’s “sb LEGGS”, so you’ll now never ever forget it. :laughing:

:email: I hear its on the way . . .

:smiley: Haaaaa, that one was too good to lie dormant.