CPF Cometa review

testing:

• A
• B
• C
• D

(it works thanks Tom)

Some times posting on here is a bitch like i have lines forming in the middle and it will still go left side even though it is marked left and forget writing on Microsoft word and pasting here it really hates it lol!

Okay i finally done a video review two weeks later blah better late then never right?

Noticed in passing:

Banggood Censoring reviews Cometa Flashlight
Views:28 | Replies:2
rbbiggs Junior Member
Post on May 19,2016 13:31

Link the problems page to there reviews they wont notice? I really cant comment because my one works

thanks for the review

I think Banggood censored my review too. It was not even all that negative, more letting people know about the shortcomings of the flashlight and how they could be fixed.
The review was not approved nor disapproved, it was just removed from existence. The only proof I have of my review is an email from BG CS staff regarding my review asking me if I wanted to be sent an insulating disc that was absent from my Cometa.

Not a good look for Banggood.

I have since submitted a revised review that is a little more positive but still spreading awareness of the complications with the Cometa. It is currently pending approval.

Does your light work?

Mine works fine, I did all the recommended fixes before even trying it though.

As I said my review wasn’t a negative rant, just an informative one from a neutral position. It was still removed from BG.

> my one works

Did you do the precautionary fixes suggested, or are you using it as you got it out of the box?

Shorter: Do you feel lucky?

Yesterday,I tried to compare the Cometa with CW led,to my 5 other little lights,(exempting the Olight SR52-UT,and Acebeam K70).
1.BLF A6
2.Olight M1X.
3.Nitecore P12GT.
4.Astrolux S41.
5.Nitecore MH27,
without having any meter,only by looking beam shots in the dark sky and inside…
The verdict is that they are all, more intense in either turbo,or strobe mode.
If anyone,has done such a comparison,could he tell us his conclusion please?

Hi.
As I have just received a cheap HS1010 luxmeter from BG,I measure all my lights,the Cometa included.Can someone write please,what is the intensity of your Cometas.I have taken a measure,which is very low,but reading the DMM,I saw 3.5V,so I have put the black 26650 Keeppower to be charged,and I take more measures .
(The other lights,have intensities close to the manufacturer.ie The K70 gave 430K,and the Eagletac S200C2 with the XP-L Hi V3,gave 55K).
I had the luxmeter 5m from the lights.

I believe most measurements have been around 155kcd bone stock with a top tier high drain cell.

It’s pretty neat how that cheap little 1010 meter can be so useful. My K70 also measures 428kcd on my 1010. :slight_smile:

Hi.
Two things.
First,the Cometa,with fully charged black Keeppower 26650,shows 152K,so OK.
I told a friend to bypass the springs,and put 18 gauge cables in it,but he answered that it will be no gain.
Have you any idea about it please?
Second,I took a new measure with the fully charged K70 and I saw a tremendous number.25,600lux at 4.8m,which is 589,824Cd!!! Unbelievable.:crown:

I measured about 9% increase going to 20awg leads and both springs bypassed with 22awg.

Has somebody try the original Jax lens,which I see at Banggood?

Yes I have :wink:
It (the Jax lens) gives a nicer tint & beam pattern compared to the original Cometa lens (well on mine anyway) & does seem a little brighter.
Hopefully I will do a thread soon with lumen/lux readings of the stock Cometa then with the Jax lens, both springs bypassed (22awg wires) & the led wires replaced with 20awg ones & see what increases I get at each stage.
I have measured the lumens at 960 on my working Cometa using my home made light tube.
I don”t know how accurate that figure is but at least it gives me a baseline figure so I will be able to show what my percentage gains are at each stage.

You mean cooler or warmer,because mine is in the warm region,and I don’t like it,wanting more cool.

My Cometa with stock lens is a very very cold white with a hint of purple (I like cool white myself which is why I ordered the CW/1A tint but I do not like this particular tint).
The Jax lens makes my Cometa a nicer CW if that makes sense, cool white not warm, but not cold cold white & no purplish hue.
What tint is your Cometa ?
I also think that with the Jax lens there is a bit more throw & cleaner beam pattern.
Bear in mind though that my Cometa lens is very very poor & one of the worst if not the worst glass lensI have ever had.

…after your say,I wait for the Jax lens to be available at BG,as it is the only store I can shop.
As for the tint,it is a long story,as I destroyed the led trying to unscrew the pill,so I sent the light to a modder who changed disc and led,to a new one,saying that he put a led with the same tint,but who knows…
Anyway,thank you very much bella-headlight.