CPF Cometa review

Yesterday,looking into the lens of my Cometa with the low mode on,I saw it was full of dust.I took a special napkin,if I say it well, and dusted it off ,the same with the opposite side.
Looking again in it,I saw many tiny spots,which I can’t remove with the napkin,so I think if they are there inherent,because of the low quality glass.
Any suggestion please?

My Cometa lens had tiny air bubbles & specs of dirt in the glass itself so no way of removing them.
If the dirt/flaws are in the glass itself there is nothing you will be able to do.
I bought some Jax Z1 lenses to replace the Cometa lenses.
Although it does not look like Jaxman are advertising the Z1 lenses at the moment you could contact them direct & ask for them to supply you.

Thank you bella-headlight.
Did you see any improvement with the new lens?
I think I buy one myself,but BG ,from which I can only buy,have not this now.It is sold out.I hope that they bring the lens again.

AliEpress accepts credit card (it is the default way of paying.)

Jaxman on AE

“Thank you bella-headlight.
Did you see any improvement with the new lens?
I think I buy one myself,but BG ,from which I can only buy,have not this now.It is sold out.I hope that they bring the lens again.”

Yes, better tint (less of the very cold white with a hint of purple that the Cometa lens gives) & better beam pattern.
Also to my eye it seems to throw a little better but that could be down to the tint.
My Cometa lens also had many scratches on it so that couldn”t have been helping either.
The Millers link shows Jaxman”s contact details if you want to contact them direct.
I did & they were quick to reply & helpful :+1:

Thank you guys.

The Miller has just put this Aliexpress link up to buying the Jax Z1 as a BLF host http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/JAXMAN-Z1-Host-for-BLF/1812094_32676817032.html
and you can buy parts such as lenses & lens covers there if you are able to use Aliexpress.
Otherwise just contact them direct using the email address given in The Millers link above :+1:
BTW lenses are $10 which is about 9 euros.
I bought 3 lenses (come with “O” rings), 3 lens covers/caps & a holster from them & they arrived very quickly in perfect condition, extremely well packaged.
Their lenses are very very good & nothing like the poor quality Cometa lenses :wink:

Thank you again.I ’ll buy one,but because I can’t see how I fill the cart,I sent a email to Zaxman and I am waiting. :slight_smile:

I have written to Zaxman,and they say to go here http://jaxmanjaxman.aliexpress.com/, to buy,but I can’t find how to put the lens in the cart.There is not such a item for sale,only in the parts list.
Can you help?

Here http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Parts-for-JAXMAN-Z1-BLF-Host/1812094_32682213138.html
The lens is the 3rd item from the right.
Just click on it & it will put it in your basket :slight_smile:
It has gone up in price from $10 though as it is now $12.63.

Thank you very much ,I did it. :slight_smile:

I received the original Zaxman lens,put in the Cometa,and measured the lux.I found it 159000CD,ie 8000 more than with the old lens.And the tint is more towards cool.

:+1: … Sounds good.

Good news, same as what I found by swapping the lens for a genuine Jaxman Z1 lens.
If you swap the 24awg led wires with 20awg ones & bypass the springs both ends with 20 or 22awg wire you will see further increases & should get approaching the originally claimed 1,300 lumens.
Add some rubber “O” rings on the cooling fins to stop the head wobble/rattle & the Cometa is then near to what it should have been as stock.

Thank you very much.

First i pulled mine apart and took the parts out because i didn’t really like it.

Now i have rebuilt it with a de-domed XPG2 S4 and a BLF A6 driver with front and back spring bypasses.

Done some little mods like gaskets to help stop shorting. Its not bad it feels better then the first time. I am probably wrong but i measure 330KCD from this setup.

You mean a XPG2 S4 of the older or of the new ones?Because I know that the old ones have yellow tints in their light.