CPF management must have realized that they are failing...-This just in: Norm reads BLF!

Yeah, but all the CPFers read BLF to get good info. I mean why else would Norm read BLF?

Maybe because he thinks CPF will fail soon?

think of it this way. go over to the other side and tell true stories of bad things their sponsors have done (not saying any of their sponsors have, just example). see how that goes over

Why should people need freedom of speech? :P

My opinion:

I find CPF very usefull, as I find BLF. It is easier here to be accepted as a budget-light owner and -modder, so I feel more at home here. Also there is a bit more fun here (thanks to you all ).

From what I noticed I find most of the work of the moderators at CPF good and adequate. There is a more loose mentality here at BLF, but that works only because there are frequent members who respond quickly to posts that are too rude or in other ways inappropriate. Thanks to them, strict moderating is less often needed.

The two forums serve a slightly different crowd, and it is in my opinion a matter of style how the two forums are run, and both are doing a good job at it.

(But I am not around for long enough to be affected by the history of the CPF and BLF.)

I remember looking into a few things a while back and my google searches lead to CPF a couple times. I soon learned that they are not a community I wanted to be apart of simply because of the way it was run and moderated. I created an account at the time but have never been back and will never go back simply based upon principle. I think at the time I was reading their automotive forum and could not stand how anyone who talked about doing anything to their personal vehicles that could be even remotely against DOT/state laws was immediately locked and deleted.

I’m just glad I found this forum, its the first time in a long time I have felt like I belong to a community.

ecf is another nice forum. most of it is pretty heavily moderated, but the modders forum is slack. very nice people there. i was once in a bind in mass without an atomizer and made a post of where a brick and mortar store near where i was that sold 510 compatible ones, and about 5 or 6 people pm’d me with there number told me to call them to meet up and theyd give me a couple. didnt actually meet up with any of them, found one at a store, but the thought that counts

edit: /off-topic… that just popped in my head hearing about this community and though id share :bigsmile:

and become some kind of CPF martyr aren’t you? Aren’t you?

Well anyway, I highly approve. :smiley:

i actually use the same name at the “other” place. think ill have an account there tomorrow?

That sort of thing always makes me feel uneasy. Sure, such offers are nice, but I’m just not eager to meet up with random internet people I don’t know, and I don’t quite understand why some people are. I’m very sociable in more traditional circumstances.

Perhaps he was “Assbaiting”? :bigsmile:

hahaha… i vaguely remember that. cant remember what it was. maybe the HID headlight mod for a 4 wheeler…?

We know CPF is now allowing whoever can pay for advertising, without the slightest bit of discretion. I can’t believe you see ads for deal extreme advertising 4,000 lumen lights!…ON CPF. Truly a sign of the times.

LOL Orion! I gotta save that pic! Too funny! Need to put it in the copy room at work ROFL

Yea i was once perma-banned on a different forum because I made an angry thread about “services”. Something of to the line of, “reason why xxx sucks, due to this: xxxxxx”. There was a new ‘rule’ that stated if you’re not online for a certain time, “all your assets would be liquidated” and distributed among the other people.

Well some mod took it personally, while slandering the company wasn’t against the rules of the forum. Using a new account with like 2-5 days signup with less the 5 post proceeded to bash me.
I quickly look up the newbie account posts and proceeded to bash, “his opinions”, since all his post were quick shotgun remarks with like 0 reasoning. I was quickly banned forever for quickly returning his remark in ‘quotes’, I think his reply to my thread was something to the line of, “Eat shit and die”. I remember upon looking at the Moderator the previous days, that did that… he likes to modify his posts. Especially ones where it would make him look bad or get him into trouble and tons of the regulars would poke fun at this Mod’s behavior in heated threads. I don’t see how some legitimate websites allow certain ass-hats to proclaim themselves “God” of a forum or allow them to filter out ideas that don’t’ fit their paradigm of thought. Killing creativity and in their view, bumping off stupid people, since they have 0 time to explain or the patience to help others. It’s weird how mods use to help service members online not defend the company like some fanatical fanboy.

I was also in another gaming community forum. Most the games are scheduled on forum those days like leagues. Well little did I know I was in a game with like 2-3 regulars and a forum SUPER moderator. This forum had a 3 strikes you’re out rules. We were losing, and this moderator proceeded to command everything that we do. I ignored him and did my own thing, solely on the fact he was demanding us to die for him and we had already tried doing all out advances 3-4 times in a roll and failed. We bearly won, but if had lost, I would had been permanently banned. Instead he gave me 2 strikes out of the possible 3. One for swearing at the mod, which I did say, “Shut up” or later ‘STFU’ after he didn’t stop rambling. Another for “game throwing”, which I admit could gone either way on the observer. Since I wasn’t gonna take the bullet for some angry gaming troll.

Before the game really ended, or about .5 seconds til the end. Somebody terminated all our connections and I was too lazy to splice the replay back. So I went into the forum to appeal myself of the (2 strikes) penalties, Since this is my 8th game or so and find it amazing that I coulda been gone out of this league with just 1 bad game.

I only got 1 strike, needlessly that’s after fighting modified post, and getting other mods to help me. And recruiting back a few players who was in the opposing team too. Who noticed the “ALL CHAT ABUSE” he was hurdling at anybody and everybody. Which almost resulted in all out moderator electronic warfare. 5 threads later and 200+ replies I got my results back. People also digged on this guy history and how he got demoted from the same abuse of actions weeks back and became SUPER mod again which is unheard of. Unless he was sleeping with the creator etc….

The guys playing were luckily regulars who reluctantly never help enforce forum rules or game rules on SUPER mods who I think are above the law? This super mod had a history of perma-banning newbs who he think lost him the game and erasing any evidence of his breach of conduct. On looking at other SUPER mods I find it a fact that almost all of them do the very same things. Imagine playing on a league where a super mod will perma-ban anybody he thinks cause him to lose? Or banning people every time he lost. The funny part was he proceeded to add strikes on a few others on my team too. I quickly left the league and wasn’t surprise it folded after 6 months.

I was in another forum with the requirements of xx post. They are pretty good and ‘verified’ thing is very good. It helps stop spam and regulate that you are contributing to the community. I admit though some newbs will never use the search function or the search function never look at thread content but just post heading etc… Also some support advance Google like searches while others are just plain broke.

But yea after years of enjoying the community of forums and having a voice I would say I would never pay for an account on some forum no matter how dedicated it is, unless I get something in return. Even AARP or NRA membership, If i recall gives little gifts upon membership.

Anyways Scaru would your post be considered a cross post, violating rule 9 of the FAQ I believe.

Norm was actually very helpful and a gentleman in a recent swap of PM’s .
Problem with my user account and he even reached out to me first…

As a new sign-on, sad that you’re not satisfied with whatever answers you receive here on this forum… hey, whatever.

Hey, Orion, welcome to BLF.

That might have been because I asked him if he could sort out your lost username

But that is neither here nor there - Norm is a super nice guy. I've dealt with him many times. Sure, he's onto infringements like you won't believe and can be one hell of a straight shooter (us Aussies can all be like that from time to time) but that's what moderator's are supposed to do...the good ones anyway! On a forum the size of CPF I'm pretty sure any moderator would go insane after a few days trying to keep it all under control! Some people can be very difficult to deal with no matter how nice you try to be...trust me I know.

I just do my best to follow the rules set out in any forums and I've never had any troubles anywhere.

Just my 2c. It's all about perspective

CPF Rules and FAQs