CPF management must have realized that they are failing...-This just in: Norm reads BLF!

Considering I got 20 replies on BLF and 1 reply on CPF it was a complete waste of my time. ;)

I don’t think the local Renault dealer is going to be happy for you to post your vauxhall posters in his window either

They are probably too busy playing with their varapower or 400 dollar m@g lites to reply :smiley:

Hi Alex GT and Cone, tks for the bump! BLF sure makes a world of difference! Was wondering, can anyone here share about how many light forums there are on planet earth right now?

I registered on CPF before BLF
but finally found BLF is the best destination.

They deleting some posts/threads don’t know why
Not even single comment for some valueble threads

There are good members in CPF but whole CPF controlled by few robots.

BLF is like home

its better to say Budget Light Familly

Apart from BLF and CPF, there’s Russian http://forum.fonarevka.ru/ . I don’t know of any others, though.

I’m not suprised norm reads blf, I mean cpf is down that often he needs to do something to keep abreast of current events in the flashlight world.

too much angst and blather at CPF and bladeforums, i just stopped going.

Me as a German is offended that you dont know http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de ;)

The “2013 Must Have…” thread is funny… Surefire, Foursevens, ZL, Fenix…
With that many sheep lined up, the velcro gloves must get a lot of abuse.

And heaven help a noob if they ever ask a question… “use the search, this has been covered thousands of times over the years… blah, blah, blah…” The search results show the same response back to 2005. “Do a search!” (me: 0 cpf post).
It’d be quicker/easier just to answer the questions rather than explain why they don’t want to.
Or they just recommend buying the most expensive thing sold by buddy in the marketplace.

3 posts before approval. And then fill out a page long questionnaire to ask about a flashlight. Answer skill testing questions to do a search.
All top secret classified information must be securely guarded.

when forums meet communism. CommiePlotForums.

BLF has been very good to me and I enjoy reading it every day.

I am a member on a lot of forums. They are are all run/sponsored by someone, i.e., they are not really public, so they have rules. Every forum also has a sort of personality. In addition to reading and following the rules that you really must understand the forum ‘personality’ before posting. If I don’t fit in, I look for another forum.

Just like fans of certain products or brand names, some forum members develop a gang like attitude about their forum versus others. It will blind them to learning and leads to nothing worthwhile.

Credit to FidoNet for two very simple rules:

Don’t be too annoying and don’t be too easily annoyed.*

Good advice for life, Pinetreebbs.

True, especially if I could always mange to follow my own advice. :smiley:

CPF had flamed another light forum called FLF openly : http://flashlightnews.net/forum/index.php?topic=2719.0

An ex-member even banned himself from CPF : http://flashlightnews.net/forum/index.php?topic=2744.0

CPF was started around the turn of the millenium for enthusiasts. It was not just as a commercial venture supporting only those who make or mod lights while supporting CPF with sustained advertising or large contributions. The latter group enjoys special treatment at CPF. It’s also the reason why many critical posts are modified or deleted. Another clue has to do with the personalities of some of the admins and mods over there.

Some enterprising acronyms found so far :

CPF - Clearly Profit Focused.
CPF - Connecting the world of flashlight commerce.
CPF - CPFU.
CPF - A website, also obsolete, driven into the ground by over-moderation and elitism.
CPF - CommiePlotForum.

**Got banned there too. I can’t remember the exact reason but I think it has to do with not actively posting or something.

I never did post anything in CPF since I was only interested in reading stuff.

banned for not posting? lol.

CPFs forum is not that it has bad mods. Those guys are good guys who are just following instructions by the site owner. His sole motive is profit making by selling banners/ads/cpf marketplace and keeping the manufacturers happy. Criticising manufacturers is thus counter productive.

Cross linking will decrease revenue (less banners to sell) and advertising to other sites will lead to competing sites getting promoted ultimately leading to decreased traffic thus lower income from advertisement.

My 2 lumens :slight_smile:

What I don’t get is the no hotlinking to pictures or only a tiny max res for pictures you do post. I wonder if they know that it’s not the 1990’s these days….

Moderation on behaviour, trolls, language and such I see as common sense. Some of the moderation however belies believe.

Given how fragile their servers seem to be, I’m amazed they let people be so bold as to post text, never mind pictures……

A picture of the owner.