cr123 vs energizer l91 as power source?

which would you choose if at same price? is it me but do the 123s have the abilrt to give more amps?

Hmm...

Good question!

I haven't researched this because I try to use rechargeable batteries whenever I can.

me to im thinking back ups i have like 15 16340s they are more bright for sure

CR123As are specked at ~1.5 amps, so I would imagine the L91s to be a bit more.

For 5A, Eneloop Pros, or the Fujitsu equivalent, would be the answer.

Chris

my 1 x 123 lights are brighter then my zebra aa light with l91s in it. the zebra should make 550 lumens but it dont with l91. hardly does it with my eneloops

The Zebralight SC5 is specifically tailored for the Eneloop Pro, which can handle the load.

I really can’t speak to the L91, as I don’t own any high drain AA lights.

I do have a ZL SC52, but it’s not too hard hitting.

Chris

L91: 1.5 Volts, 3150 mAh
CR123: 3 Volts, 1550 mAh

I think it is more difficult to find CR123 in a grocery store, than L91, and AA, so for a shtf light, I would choose L91, not CR123.

also, since Im an Anduril fan, I would buy the L91, not CR123
there is No anduril light that runs on CR123

The SP10 Pro will work on L91, and also AA, so it is much more versatile than a CR123 light.

i run my emisar d4v2 on 123s. but not as bright a course

That only works when the CR123 battery is full. It also works in the SC21 Pro.

BUT: Anduril will shut off the light at 2.5v, so it will not be able to take advantage of the remaining capacity in a CR123.

Keep in mind the voltage difference when thinking ‘power’.

Generally the specific light determines which I use. I only have one that can use either (SL Protac 1L-1AA, and I generally use LFP 16340 in it for routine use, as it’s rechargeable and provides higher output (@~3V vs ~1.5) than ‘AA’ in that light).

Although you didn’t mention NiMH, I’ve never been able to find similar level of ‘proper’ output current (discharge - continuous/pulse) specs for Eneloop - and I have looked around more than once. If anyone has a link to such, please post it.

i have used those l91 type ‘ultimate lithium’ and i find them to be horrible

they seem to hold full volts no matter what

then you try to use them and find they have no energy left - very high impedance at end of life

i would WAY more trust CR123A cells than those things