Cree changed production process for XP-G2 emitters!

Ok guys I have done one…

It was randomly picked out of 10 pcs…

My usual T50 mods with old XP-G2 S3 2B managed to do average of 810 FC, 5 meters .

This batch of old type of XP-G2 S4 2B emitters has…. 950 peak and 912FC after 30 seconds(as Djozz like to measure)

I am measuring with Uni-T light meter so when you convert those FC numbers it means 218KCD(good S32B) vs 245 kcd(good S42B)
I will also add here that I did not include Djozz +10% more formula here. This are pure Uni-T readings and Djozz said that Uni-T meter under reads XP-G2 S4 2B for more than 10… So I really don’t know… This original measurements seems realistic to me so I will not calculate +10 data here.

Peak numbers would be 255kcd… But as Djozz says no sense in measuring first few seconds although Enderman or any other guys that build supper cooled lights could benefit and maintain those peak numbers.

Ah yes… Current draw is 4.35A measured on uni-t unmistakable clamp meter and very hard press to the battery. Driver is diy Djozz style FET driver(have tested few FET drivers but they all perform same so I really know it is very good fet driver).

Current draw indicates that this probably was not the best pick either. But…

Yes! This is it! The king is in mine pocket. Green monster is back :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Thanks for the update and your sure to have lots of work ahead of you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes… 2 - 3 year of work at least. But I kinda limited myself with this one cause even if something new and better rises up I will still be stuck with them.

I really think there is no better emitter in this size, performance and price ratio. This emitter is born for single cell FET lights like no other… 4.3A current draw is nothing and performance(lux, kcd) are wow! You can safely run it on turbo all the time and nothing bad will happen.

Congratulations l.i ! And good find Hank, thanks for making these possible!

So were the old school XP-G2’s that pulled 6+amps better, higher lumens longer throwing de-domed?

I don’t know that is why I’m asking the experts, I still have a few of them left, another reason I’m asking?

Thanks!

They never pulled 6A with a single cell in direct drive. The Vf was always too high for that. This requires a buck driver.

Never? Old School XP-G2… UTorch UT02 single IJOY20700

I will confirm The Driver…

Never and ever… Neither of them Did not went over 5A in any of mine single cell FET builds.

Buck driver may be different story. I don’t know that.

Edit: There were some old XP-G2 R5 and S2 i had that went that high. Maybe you have one of them?

But anyway neither of them did not managed to perform better than XP-G2 S4 2B no matter for higher current draw.

Lower current draw and max performance is beauty of this emitter(old xp-g2 s4 2b)

ok, but that is not an 18650.

Forgot to mention that used battery was samsung INR 30Q.
So theoretically it could pull even more with sony VTC5 or Samsung INR 25R which are reporter here on BLF as the highest current cells.

I will not use them though. Just mine 2 cents.

VTC5A will do even better.
But not much difference i think.

It could be up to .5 amps in xp-g2 .

I wonder what this led can do @ 6A in the GT. 2Mcd maybe?

It will do up to 1.8Mcd.
The “good old” XP-G2 S4 2B has a maximum luminance of 200cd/mm^2.

If the carrier of the MF-01/MF-02 works with the GT i will give it a try , i already have carrier converted to 4P .

It would be interesting :wink:

But why 4P? It has a great buck driver.

I won’t use the stock driver . Probably a fet driver

Glad to hear that, and we still have some Kings
https://intl-outdoor.com/cree-xpg2-s4-2b-bare-led-p-885.html

Go for it “G”! :+1:

Are these new s4 2b that Hank uses in Emisar D4 etc ?