Cree XHP50.2

Arrived three days ago, tested one and doing a quick write-up right now!

Just ordered last night 8 XP-L HI V5 emitters, some 1206 R120 resistors from Digi, XHP50 and 17mm FET driver for my C8 duel 18650 from Mountain electronics and finally a couple S1/BLF A6 A17DD-L FET+1 2.8-4.35v 7/4 Modes drivers and a couple BLF 16mm Copper MCPCB XPL XPE XPG Direct Thermal Path Circuit Boards from Banggood. Its play time, well in a couple weeks :smiley:

posted the test:

LCK-LED also sells a cool XHP50.2 on ebay presoldered to a 6V or 12V sinkpad.

Yeah, so things didn’t go as planned and now i have a royal blue XHP50.2… :person_facepalming:
Did order a 3A from FT though, and now i’m totally broke…
Ain’t life sweet? :weary:

O well… :+1:

Time for an uber lantern! :wink:

That is cool. :sunglasses:

More on topic:
I’m curious about the comparison between the XHP70 and this new XHP50.2

I’ll have a go and try to superimpose Djozz’s graphs from both.

So I ordered one XHP50.2 from LCK-LED already soldered to a 200mm SinkPad. It is cool white although not too ugly I think. It arrived very fast btw., ordered on 3rd and arrived today.

I tested it with three reflectors so far, on SMO and two OP and there was no cross, donut hole or tint shift. I am really looking forward to seeing the high cri versions of this emitter, could be a winner over the Nichia 144A…

I just got a couple in from Arrow - much cheaper, $5.24 each, free shipping - https://www.arrow.com/en/products/xhp50b-00-0000-0d00j40e2/cree.

These are J4 bin, E2 group tint (2A.. 2D).

That a good price! Free int. shipping requires a minimum purchase of 50 $ though…

Back in the day cutter used to have a free shipping level that low and occasionally with no minimum at all. I don’t do any $100 orders, trying to keep the hobby affordable to have it at all. I don’t buy LEDs with only a group designation, there’s too much variation between B/C and A/D and I prefer knowing which side of the BBL they’re on.

I was just about to order - now they have a minimum quantity of 500! But at least as low as 3.78 $ :smiley:

Yea, saw this last night - . Think someone bought out the min 1's, but last I saw was only 45 in stock. What's interesting is they got a listing for the K2 bin in 5700K tint, but again min 500 and no stock. That K2 specific part # is the only K2 in the latest XHP50.2 CREE spec.

Has this appeared in any lights yet?

Maybe he bought them :stuck_out_tongue:

No, not officially. I did a direct drive mod with one in a 2x18650 host. On high drain cells it draws 10+ amps without spring bypass. :open_mouth: See here: What did you mod today? - #2489 by djozz

Dang, yep, same bin, same tint. Least he can make something on them if they sell. I know some of his margins are razor thin. Well I got 4 XHP50 K2's and 2 of those XHP50.2 J4 5700K's, so should last me a while. Also got couple XHP50.2 J4 3A's on the way from KD.

Should have bought more from Arrow while I could - what a deal... I got a couple single LED lights in mind, could do a possible triple 2 cell light as well.

I haven't heard of any in production lights yet either.

If you message arrow they will sometimes change the min order. They did after I contacted them about the XP-G3’s awhile back. Officially they said there was nothing they could do and “it was set by the supplier” but the next day all the LED’s that were min 500 suddenly were min 1.

I hope it is okay to post it here, Fasttech currently has a 10% coupon: SHAMROCK

So ~7 $ per XHP50.2

If they receive a shipment then the minimum order quantity is 1.
If they have to order a shipment, the minimum order quantity is that of the reel.
All distributors like mouser, digikey, etc do this so that they don’t spend $5000 just to sell one item.

Somebody probably placed an order a while before you asked them and the shipment arrived the next day.