Cree XHP50.2

Oh, well it must have been a bug then because they should definitely be selling individual units.

I have build a Flashlight with MTN17+1 Driver and XHP50.2. The emitter lived for 1 second. :cry:
What do you mean is a good value for the maximum output in the firmware? 220, 200, …?

I’ve seen these in lights on Kaidomain. Single 18650 and 26650 using boost drivers. The K5 and KF8.

I installed the 22mm TA driver and xhp50.2 3a from fasttech in my convoy l5 and was initially pleased. To maximize heat transfer I reflowed the star to the pill. After assembly all 4 dies worked and I was impressed by the output. Today I removed the pill to do the foil wrap and after re-assembly found two dies no longer working. Maybe I’ll try another .2 after a driver tailored to them appears but for now it looks like I need a first-gen xhp50 and tune to deal with the cross. I lost two dies while powered by 2x 26350s so I doubt it was current that did it.

I think there has been a number of reports that the 50.2 needs to be regulated at least with pwm or they go poof. Any reports of successful dd 50.2 builds?

The mode groups were modified so the highest mode isn’t dd. Combined with the purple 26350s from the gb a while back there should have been no failure.

What do you think was the source of the problem?

Thanks for the info. So the 6v only pulled 6.7 dd?

Just got in 3 XHP50.2 4000K 90 CRI, and 3 XHP50.2 5000K 90 CRI LEDs. Both are H4 binned, and slightly off the XHP50.2 data sheet that shows H2 as the highest 90 CRI bin.

I'm dying to see the 5000K especially. Got them from a friend overseas. He also included 6 nice 20 mm copper DTP stars and 20 high voltage 7135's. No idea where he gets the from but appear to be quite rare now.

Thanks A Whole Bunch!

About H4……

Maybe they are all samples.

So I asked the seller to send the package together.

XHP50.2 4000K 90CRI

Left:XHP50.2 4000K 90CRI 、Right:XPL Hi (L2)

Where does he get them overseas?

from China
However, the number is very small.
So I guess these are samples.

Does anyone know a good 16mm 12v pcb with dtp for this led?

I don’t know, but you might contact this Maxtoch store on Aliexpress and ask if they carry it. I only saw aluminum 16mm 12v boards currently listed, but I know they don’t list everything they have.

http://s.aliexpress.com/amq6VNri

Thanks, I also found these but don’t know if they are dtp

At Kaidomain they are listed as DTP. Don’t know if this is correct but I would give it a try.

I was always advised to avoid those 12v mcpcb that had the z shape in the middle and to get the ones with 5 seperate pads. I’m not sure the exact reason, maybe a more experienced member can explain why.

This is what Jerommel told me.

Thanks for the advice!

I have a few 16mm dtp pcb’s for XM-L. I’ll try the cut&bridge method.

Success :smiley:

Still with old test led (CW XHP50).

Just ordered a 4000K XHP50.2.

It’ll go into a HC33 to replace the CW XHP35.