Cree XHP70 up to 4022 Lumens and XHP50 up to 2546 lumens - Multi-die leds.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: A triple Mag-Lite build with XHP70’s? What are you trying to do - signal the astronauts on the international space station?

No worse than the upcomming 108mm Aspheric SST-90 thrower that’s in the works.

^ummm that sound even more exciting too me now … . waiting impatiently for your next project :smiley:

wow, that is generous! Thanks, Hank. I never made a login at intl-outdoor, if you don't know which of your customers is me, I can PM my address (but there will not be too many intl-outdoor customers from Amsterdam, I guess..)

While we wait for these emitters.....

Old-Lumens at the store desk.

Old-Lumens: Howdy. U got some LED`s over there?

Hank: Yeah. U want low power, medium power, or extreme power?

Old-Lumens: Hehehe.. Is that a trick question?

Hank: ?

Old-Lumens: Extreme

Hank: Here you are sir. The newest and finest,

Old-Lumens: Excellent. Hey, what`s that little bugger doing there?

Hank: ?

Old-Lumens: Nevermind. Gonna build a couple of new Maaaaglite`s.

Hank: One of each emitter then?

Old-Lumens: *Gives Hank his dumb look. With the eyebrowns and everything. "Hell no! Give me those big ones. Heck, just give me.... THREE of each one. The big ones, not that skinny fella.

Hank: Sorry, samples only. No sale.

Old-Lumens:

Meanwhile, Christmas in Paris:

Meanwhile in Amsterdam.

Djozz: Weee.... :party:

Getting XHP50 for testing..

Meanwhile....

Meanwhile at BLF:

SB: Yupp, everything looks normal today....

It would appear my thread came true faster then we thought, i would still like single li ion high efficiency 6V boost drivers

RaceR86.
That French butt plug Christmas tree cracks me up every time I see it. WTF were they thinking when they made that? :smiley:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Justin.

I indulged myself in a Christmas Mouser order on my girlfriend's credit card (I don't have one). Included is a XH-P70 . ETA is sometime after Christmas. I will have to improvise a board for it and find some time to abuse it with the power supply.

Indeed you will. Thanks in advance.

My 2 XHP70’s should be here tomorrow. :slight_smile:

26mm MT MAXToch board on order with Richard.

And what timing, just finished this heat sink and Zener driver build for the Olight M3X Triton…

Hmmmm, MT-G2 or XHP70?

Dale is it so that I can order this maxtoch board from Richard, and this new 70 series led will fit right on it? What driver would be sufficient?

Oh no, the new emitter is a different size, it’s gonna take some tinkering to make it work out.

I’m thinking something like this to make it fit the larger footprint of the MT-G2 but with custom pieces to orient it properly…

Do y’all think this 7x7 footprint will fit on an XM-L star easier? I have a 31mm MAXToch copper star for XM-L, it’d fit into the Olight easier with the wider spaced contacts.

Either way it’s gonna take some customization, right?

The layout looks something like this…actual sizes of each die doubled for comparison purposes when laying it out, printed sizes are actual…

My XHP70 will arrive in a couple of days. I plan on using a Maxtoch MT-G2 star. I have some .002" copper stock and I will cut two thin strips, which I will solder just on the outer edges of the led + & - strips, so they stick out a little. Just enough to catch the MT-G2 contacts. The center will have a little extra solder, (the thickness of the .002" copper, but I'm not worried about that. I think it will work. I have a light that never sold, so I guess it goes in that with a Q-lite at 4.5 amps and 6xAA NiMHs.

I'm not going for 9+ amps till I see how it looks. The 50mm deep reflector is stippled, so I hope it has a good beam.

Carclo for the XHP70

Carclo for the XHP50

This is the big 31mm star, for an XM-L. Middle pedestal is cut on the bottom to match the thermal pad of the XM-L, on the top it matches the XHP. Should fit according to the spec sheet.

Mine should be here tomorrow, FedEx. :wink: Bring em on! :bigsmile:

How do you solder and cut that finely (precisely)?

Initially I cut out the rectangle from a thick piece of sheet copper with a cut-off wheel on my Proxxon.

I cut the bevel on the thermal pad holding it in my fingers and dragging it over sandpaper. I placed the proper thickness aluminum strips between the thermal pad and connection pad to prevent overflow and re-flowed it on a hot plate. (6” stainless circle on the stove top)

I cut the power strips a little tall, then filed the assembly down after soldering.

It came out a little bit narrow, but should work fine. The thermal pad is almost exactly the same as the XHP thermal pad, the power strips will be a little narrow.

This MAXToch star will sit on about .80” of 6262 aluminum heat sink in the pill of the Triton.

Impressive, how long did this take?