Cree XHP70 up to 4022 Lumens and XHP50 up to 2546 lumens - Multi-die leds.

I’ll be looking forward to seeing your mod.

I guess I’m lucky. My wife has zero interest in financial matters. I don’t even think she knows the password for the bank account.

PD, and your quote says….

“…but I’ve been wrong before.”

:wink:

Trust me, if I was wrong on this, I’d have been kicked out of the house by now.

I am not sure if it still works...

Trustfire 12x T6 (aff)

code:M4D12X price:76 usd

expired :(

I ask for a new price ;)

Another idea Dale, for the LUM 5-90 reflector

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/32603

Hi Guys.

Great thread!

Doing my homework on these and I’m a noobie to all this high power LED stuff but learning well on here.

Would like to know what you are all running these at, I’m guessing 6v looking at how high some have you have pushed them current wise?

Many thanks.

Most everyone is using 6V.

Thanks OL.

Makes sense to me now.

i have a question,cos iam really not technical type-is xhl led possible to powered by one 1860?or too less?thank you :8)

Mouser has the 90 CRI 5000K XHP70 in stock now in case anyone is interested.

XHP70A-01-0000-0D0UJ450G

I was finished thinking about how to use the XHP70, now I'm musing on that again

6 volt leds, like the XHP can be powered by 2x Li-ion cells in series, but you also need a driver for it.

Thanks Jubeldum, appreciate the heads up. :wink:

Got my first batch of XHP70s in today and first impressions are pretty meh.

5000k 80cri XHP70A-01-0000-0D0HM450G from mouser

The tint shift across the beam is pretty horrendous. I had a feeling the beamshots showed a lot of green in the hotspot but thought it was in the same ballpark as an average XML/XML2.
Am I wrong in saying that the tint shift on these is actually worse? Doesn’t make sense if they use essentially the same die, right? I need to take some comparison shots.

I’m probably spoiled by the mt-g2s and sbt-70 I’ve been tinkering with lately….hmm. In any case I’m debating taking a lumen hit and switching back to the trusty mt-g2s for my next build…lower cri but nicer overall tint…
Anyone have similar thoughts? Are certain bins known to be better than others in this regard?

I have assumed that on the XHP it is the same as any other cree leds, buy the led in a tint you like and you will like the overall appearance of the hue.

What was the hue bin on your XHP70?

Maybe try one of those grouped bins with a 3B,3C,3A,3D easywhite combination or another temperature group you like or test one of the CRI90 bins for example.

I’m not talking about the specific tint of the emitter but the very strong shift towards green as the emission angle approaches 90degrees. Most cree leds exhibit this to some extent with the mt-g2 being the most uniform from what I’ve seen.

This sort of thing (that’s an XML)

I’ll try to do some comparison shots to see if the effect is really stronger here than with an equivalent XML2 (if I can find one lying around somwhere in 5000k) but it just struck me as particularly obvious with these XHP70s.
It’s kind of dampened my enthusiasm for using the emitters, hopefully the lumen output will perk me up again :slight_smile:

Edit: The emitters I have here are 3 step macadam graded from what I can gather reading the datasheet. That’s a pretty tight binning and they all match pretty close to my eye.

Ok, that doesn’t sound good, i hate greenish cast’s, most CW,NW xm-l2/xp-l’s over the BBL i find have to much of it, those below if find are much less & bad & cheap AR only makes it worse.

I have ordered some XHP50’s in the 3D & E3 group i hope will be similar to other NW Cree led’s.

I haven't noticed that problem at all with the XHP 70 and XHP 50 I have done so far. Mine have been in the 5700k-6500k range and I have not noticed green. I use one every night at work and haven't seen that. If I had to choose between the MT-G2 and the XHP 70, I would be hard pressed to choose, but that totally depends on the reflector chosen. It makes all the difference in the world. With the 95mm diamond facet reflector, I don't think I could tell the difference between the two, except for output, but since I have both leds and the reflector, I will have to do a comparison.

Term you are looking for is "color over angle".