Cree XHP70 up to 4022 Lumens and XHP50 up to 2546 lumens - Multi-die leds.

Thanks for those beam shots DBCstm.

Yes you right :frowning: i didn’t think of that, i just wanted it to work……

Ok but a possible solution from nitro sound great :slight_smile: i just found out the Minnie M need a spacer…. that would mean i need more of them, hmm i guess i could build a copper spacer from a bunch of 20mm & xp32 Noctigons.

With so many X6 & soon A6’s sold in to this kind of crowd, i hope Adega/EE really starting to get what it means to basically have a product that promotes it self if they produce what we want & need :slight_smile:

EDIT i just remembered that there was talk about an extension tube for the X6 GB, if i remember thing right thats why we got that buck driver that initially was supposed to be able to take 8,4v.
So there must have been some serious discussion on 2x18650 option, maybe kronological can still make that extension happen?

The extension needs a male end for the tail cap and a female end to connect to the tube. The length should be the length of one cell plus the depth of the tail cap from the lip to the retaining ring. Female end needs a deanodized stop for the stock tube to make electrical connection.

Thank you Dale for the cool beamshots! I'd prefer the BTU with 3xXHP70's - lots of lumens, but still some practical throw.

Well done!

The BTU with those deep reflector cups, has a really nice way of bundling up the light.
Even when used with very larger emitters for a flood light. It puts the light where you need it really well imo.

Can anybody tell me where to find 3 of the 12V stars? I gave the ones I had away and now have a build coming up that would benefit from em, go figure.

This is a BTU Shocker clone that uses a long fat tube with 3 series 26650’s, planning on using the 12V variant in parallel and an FET driver. This one should have lots of run time, comparably, even if I only got with the 6V in parallel and 2 cells with a dummy. Don’t have the light in hand as yet so there’s still a lot up for grabs. :wink:

I have 3 of the Ledil Iris TIR’s on the way, hoping to be able to use them in this BTU Shocker, again I don’t know the variables so will have to wait and see.

With 3xli-ion in series my guess is that the leds will run under 1A for most of the runtime of the battery (well, that will still be 2500 odd lumens).

If no-one from the US responds (you will have them faster then, my springs took 2 or so months to get to you ), I have 3 copper XHP70 Sinkpads that I will happily donate for this project :-)

I have them. PM me with your addy info again.

Thanks for the tons of work guys. I see I have a lot of catching up to do. I have an extra TR-J19 so I guess I’ll give these 70’s a shot in it with a FET driver for the fun of it.

The Shengjie 3XT6-U2 or Superpower

[](http://cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=2077)

94mm up front, like the BTU Shocker. This is in the BTU category at CNQualityGoods.

What a great host! I might have to grab one myself. :bigsmile:

They have those under a few different names. I have one that is labeled Lustefire and before that a Tangsfire. Sometimes you can pick them up fairly cheap. $50 range or so. They are a very nice host. No pill, just a solid base.

I've got a bunch of the 12V MCPCBs on the way. I didn't buy very many initially because I didn't think many would want them--they proceeded to sell out far before my 6V MCPCBs did! Even after selling a lot of this stuff I am still poor at predicting demand.

I was about to buy one and then decided to take another look. They are the BTU small head clones. In comparing several stock photos & specs from other online resellers to the CNQ clone, 94 mm appears to be the OD of the head, not the lens. The BTU Shocker head is roughly 104mm, much larger and with more mass. Either way, I think it’ll make a great budget mod host after trimming the Iris TIR’s to fit.

For size comparisons, check Race’s photo:

BTU Shocker - Lustefire - Solarstorm - COUROI

They also have a little more shallow reflector than some big head triples like the Marsfire or the J-19. I really like them to be honest. They have a very nice hot spot and a little better flood than some of the ones with the deeper reflectors.

One would think when you go to the maker of the BTU Shocker and look under BTU lights and they have this one in it’s stead that looks very much the same that it would indeed BE very much the same, but I have forgotten the Chinese math. Nothing is as it appears. At any rate, it should be a good host still and the 26650 cell size makes it desirable.

If I have to carve on the reflector to fit optics in I won’t feel so bad. :wink:

I’m slowly coming around to appreciate those toilet plungers. But there remains one last thing keeping me away. The switch at the tail instead of right behind the head. I would like to find a plunger host with a side switch or better yet something like Courui Big Head that could take a battery carrier with 4 x 18650s.

With a gazillion lights out there, why don’t we have some options like that?

I have seen a couple and I have made a bunch of them. I’m really not sure why there are not more of them. Might just be that the drivers are a bit more complex to produce. Not that you can’t just put a tail cap style clicky in place of the regular type side switch because I have, but then you need more room in the pill and you have to run wires thought that clicky switch so you get more resistance than with a normal tailcap switch too.

IDK but they really could sell a lot more plunger lights if they would work on that. Is it really that much harder to design a high powered driver with a side switch that just shorts the MCU?

Harder to do or not, these flashlight folks are seriously gonna have to up their game. They’ve done the simple stuff to death and put “Fire” to everything humanly possible.

I, for one, think it’s time they up the ante…