Cree XHP70 up to 4022 Lumens and XHP50 up to 2546 lumens - Multi-die leds.

Good news is that the Ledil Iris optics designed for Osram Ostar IR SFH-4751 works beautifully with the XHP70. I dropped 3 of the bare TIR’s in the big reflector cups of the BTU Shocker and the dark spot is gone! :slight_smile: There’s not exactly a hot spot, but there is still a lot of throw, easily lighting my entire driveway out to and beyond 300 yds.

The bad news is that they cost a tenner apiece. :frowning:

I sanded the small lip off the top edge so they could sit a little deeper into the cup, then “spot welded” them in place with NOA 61. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the report. I’ll be picking some up for sure. It would be nice if they were not that expensive but an expensive solution is better than no solution by a long ways.

They’re not as tall/deep as the reflector cups by about a half inch, but that doesn’t seem to make any difference and even looks kinda neat.

Excellent, I can’t wait to give this a try.

This one is the Ledil CN12299_IRIS-IR. Yes, I know, it’s designed for an infra-red emitter. It’s a spot, it’s available, and it works. The ones designed for the XHP70 are not available, not even from the Ledil area manager.

Thanks again, I will make sure that I order that exact one.

Nickzom, thanks! Do you see the cross in real world, shining it outside? BTW, it looks like the light is igniting the house. Ooh, or did you set it on fire?!

Dale, no pictures? Are feeling ok buddy?

Does Dale own a camera?

We own cameras. Dale owns picture taking devices. Texan is he not?

3d life printers?

With the Ledil optics in the Shocker, and the dummy cell replaced with a soldered in 12ga wire, it’s doing 12,144 lumens otf on the pair of LG HE-2 cells. :slight_smile:

I was expecting losses with the optics, guess not. :wink:

Two things please. Pictures and production date for us simpletons who merely want to give you money to acquire these nice lights.

yeah you can see it. especially if you turn the light while looking through the beam. you can actually see the gaps in the air.

Wow! That is fantastic.

Nickzom, that sounds both cool and annoying. Thanks for the pics and info. I think I’ll stay with my 4000 Kelvin MTG2 build. (My wife and daughter bought me the host and emitter but were afraid of getting the wrong driver so I’ll have to head over to RMM’s site)

Dale, stop teasing us.

I am interested in trying a XHP70 Jax Z1 build, have you tried to overzoom the die a tiny bit if it is even possible in the Z1? i did that with a Zeusray & an XP-L recently, i placed the o ring under the aspheric instead of over it as stock, & got a very nice smooth almost perfectly round very reflector like spot beam, instead of the normal square die spot beam.

you cant over focus it. you can under focus it a little bit however.

Ok thanks good to know, thats too bad.

I got a second Shocker and as I was building it with XP-L emitters, I reconstructed the carrier to run 3P. Now that I’ve gotten the emitters in that I intended to use with this second one, I swapped carriers with the first one. Why? So I could use 6 Efest IMR18350’s instead of 2 LG HE-2 cells.

Output is up from 12,144 to 14,455. :bigsmile: My little cells are not charging fully, I’m wondering if 6 new little purple cells at 4.20V would hit that 15,000? lol

You are one crazy mo. Ever consider what would happen if you hit the switch but there was a short? Heck your already trying to short the LEDs as much as possible. :slight_smile: My admiration is only exceeded by my concern for the readiness of your will.