Cree XHP70 up to 4022 Lumens and XHP50 up to 2546 lumens - Multi-die leds.

Undaunted and comparing. The triple XHP70 BTU Shocker is doing 14,445 lumens. I just put 3 9V MT-G2 in another BTU Shocker and it’s doing 8742 and only has 20ga wiring. :slight_smile: Can’t compete, but is pretty dang nice nonetheless.

ST90 with XHP 70 at 9 amps. Throws very well, with not much spill.

No black X

Reflector used in the ST90 light, for this XHP 70.

http://www.illuminationmachines.com/products.php?id=9&catId=1

Corrected now.

That’s nice! Might get me a few of them reflectors.

wow OL, that looks like a great combination of emitter, reflector and host. I assume you altered the battery configuration to 2S2P ? You should tell Wayne about it, it would be a great upgrade for his ST90.

EDIT: never mind the battery question, found it in your BS thread: 2S4P 18350

That looks de-ee-cent ! Any chance to get a few shots with other lights for a mouse-over comparison?

How long is the empty space? And nice to see no cross…

Looks very nice, what are the size of the reflector? i don’t see it on the sales page.

Check the datasheet http://www.illuminationmachines.com/pdfs/CreeCXA15XX-9.pdf

Lum 5-90 at 95mm and $6 apiece with the caveat that you have to buy 5 at a time.

Illumination Machines LUM 5-90 datasheet

95mm is just under 3.75 inches! Won’t fit in most flashlights, I think. Still, I want one. :bigsmile:

Yeah that is exactly what i was thinking :slight_smile:

At least we have the LEDiL Minnie M & Iris for more normal flashlight sizes :slight_smile:

You can bet your sweet a$$ I’m looking hard at my big Olight Intimidator about now…. would I rebuild a light that is currently making between 610 and 622Kcd? Well, YEAH! lol I don’t know, would have to look at that one really long.

It’s already got a battery pack that makes 8.4V. It’s big enough, but is it right? The de-domed XM-L2 is pulling 6.6A at the moment, so it’s in the 1400 lumen range. This XHP70 would dang sure blow the little XM-L2 out of the water in sheer lumens output, and that beam profile is sweet!

Justin, I’m interested in getting one of these. We can split up the moq of 5 if you’d like, surely some here would like the others?

I just ordered 5 of those reflectors.
$15 shipping!

You’re the most impulsive person i have ever (not) met!

I really like that reflector, have almost bought em in the past based on the specs alone. Not very long ago I got the opportunity to modify a friends Elektrolumens ST-90 light, and the big reflector is impressive. I ended up returning that light to him pulling 20A. :slight_smile:

Having seen now how it works with the XHP-70 (frankly I hadn’t thought about that combination) I’m not the least bit surprised that it’s diamond pattern eliminates the X in the beam and performs so well. So now, seeing that in real use, I’m looking at this big light that I have and don’t use much and thinking that a mile thrower is, for me, not quite as useful as a 3/4 mile thrower/flooder. :slight_smile:

It’s not so much impulsive as it may appear, more a coming back around to a plan I’d forgotten. :bigsmile:

That Lum 5-90 is a sweet reflector. It has a fairly large lip. So it could be made narrower if one has the patience and skill to do it. Check out my report on it with a MT-G2. It definitely is a big emitter reflector.

Old-Lumens got the link wrong? It’s not the CXA15XX LED he linked to in is post?

You’re gonna part those out to us, right? :wink: