Cree XHP70 up to 4022 Lumens and XHP50 up to 2546 lumens - Multi-die leds.

Lum 5-90. http://www.illuminationmachines.com/products.php?id=9&catId=1

Easy enough to get it wrong the way they have their site set up…the CXA reflector is first on their list and it defaults back to that one.

Yes David, I’ll have 4 to spread around with the 5th one being for me to use. (I might just keep 2, we’ll see!)

I’d be interested in getting one from you. :bigsmile:

^ member TrakTuned may have one available. He did a small group buy here and had one left over here. I think he wanted something very throwy. So he may have 2.

He hasn't logged on here in a while, but maybe a PM will reach out to him via the email notification process.

Hey all,

Do you guys know anywhere that has Neutral XHP-50s in stock?

I got some 5000K from them a couple of weeks ago.

2015 NEW CREE XHP50 4750K-5000K J2-3D on SinkPad II 20mm Copper Base - 6V

2015 NEW CREE XHP50 5000K J2-3D on Alu. Base or SinkPad Copper - 6V, XHP 50

These might be a little warmer than what you're looking for, but I've got a few J4 5C on whatever MCPCB you want. $14.50 (plus use the BLF code ).

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help.

I looked all over for these and in my own defense RMM is being sneaky. The very last website I looked at before asking in this thread was Mountain. They weren't there a few moments ago LOL!!!

that dedome looks great man! thanks for sharing. how does the beam look?

I have no idea, led was dead after using it with a last gen dry driver (bridged resistor modded).
With yhis driver I have also fried a mt-g2 in the past. I thought that it could handle 3s, but not.
It’s a pity.

I just rebuilt an Convoy C8 with the XHP50, but this is no ordinary C8, it’s got a huge copper finned center section that Buck made, and a 2 cell 304SS tube. With Wights A17DD S08 Zener modified it pulls 6.63A from a pair of Sony C4’s and makes 2879 lumens. Focused properly in the OP reflector, it’s got a nice clean hot spot that is surprisingly tight, and the tint is very reminiscent of a V6 3D XPL.

It’s like a tire thumper! Solid as a rock! And it’s also got a Tofty 10A+ switch in the tail. :slight_smile:

does it throw? im thingking about making a 3D maglite mod with a XHP50 @4.5A. my old 1Gen magled needs an update.

This is interesting :slight_smile: i think this is the first fully hotrodded XHP50, with measurements of lumens & Amps i have heard of yet.

Almost 3000 lumens is not bad at all :slight_smile: what batteries did you use?

Any more detail of the XHP50 you used? you said it looked like our favorite the V6 3D XPL :), but does this mean it was the XHP50 3D or some of the other similar ones like the 3A or E3 group XHP50’s?

It looks like 3D, because it IS! J2 3D from LEDDNA. 5000K (I just dug out the little identifier they put in the packet)

Nice :slight_smile:

To bad they are sold out now :frowning:

A bridged buck driver becomes a direct-drive driver. If there is no voltage drop across the sense resistor there is nothing for the buck IC to compare against and will run 100% duty cycle (direct drive).

The big Olight SR90 Intimidator was waiting for me, with the new Illumination Machines diamond patter reflectors due in tomorrow. So I killed the 645Kcd monster thrower and now have a 7 mode, reversing, 100-5000 lumen search light. :slight_smile:

For anyone wanting to do a C/D Maglite, the Ledil Mirella reflectors will fit right in and work with the XHP70/50 leds, with some custom centering ring you make.

I received 4 of the Mirella family, with four different finishes, for testing.

This is how they fit into a Mag head.

They fit flush, which is too low, since the stock reflector fits on top with a lip.

But... If you have any spare O rings, (this one is a spare of the one inside the bezel), and you put it in front of the lens, it will sandwich between the lens and the reflector,

Which makes a perfect fit. The bezel screws down all the way and the reflector/lens is not loose. This is the plastic lens and the KD glass one will work the same, others may be different.

Just FYI