Cree XHP70 up to 4022 Lumens and XHP50 up to 2546 lumens - Multi-die leds.

im really tempted to buy one from mouser. but damn the shipping is high, €20!!! still tempting, very tempting

Yes its only theoretical numbers given by CREE, not considering the driver power consumption and all the multiple losses.

3700+ lumens at 5A
2830 at 4.5A
and 6006 at 12.15A

Out the front, Olight M3X Triton.

heheheheh…. 80-90W I think. >)

Dale your an animal. Looking forward to your next wild build.

Here is the link

Click to be among the first to sample the Cree XHP LEDs.

http://response.cree.com/XHPForm

Thanks Dale for lots of reasons.

1. For costing me more money.

2. For me wanting to replace all my MTG-2 leds.

3. For posting this when these are not readily available.

4. For accidentally blowing something up when I replace MTG-2 leds.

5. For making my wife jealous of an led (she reckons I haven't been that excited with her for years).

6. For doing the hard yards.

7. Cheers.

Cree XHP70

119 in stock at Mouser for $16.85 each or less in quantity.

Give me a shout if you need some of these Steve. :wink:

Thanks Dale. I'll wait for Cutter to come back on board.

Big to do with mine, but I haven't got time to show and tell right now. Short version, it works on an XM-L2 star, with a little help, but the MT-G2 star was a disaster. Bright as hell direct drive, but puts out less heat than an MT-G2. Just my thoughts. Been doing this long enough to tell that the heat sink wasn't getting as hot as it does with the MT-G2 on DD. Don't have any drivers to hook it up to, so I have to wait a couple weeks, but in a 50mm deep reflector, it looked great. No dark areas, but way too cool white for me. I will wait for some 5000k or 5700k ones before doing any more. That and some Maxtoch 26mm or 30mm stars as well as a good driver for them. Hopefully someone will finally come up with a dedicated flexible amperage driver for our 6v leds, now that there are more versions out.

Quick shot. Set the head over the led. Bottom of the reflector just about even or a hair lower than the substrate level. Stuff was in the way of a good shot. No time, gotta go.

Great numbers Dale! I'm looking forward to receive mine..

6 k Lumen from a single emitter? :beer:

4 emitters pre-configured by CREE for you in 2S2P or 4S.

My thoughts too, but it fits under one reflector/lens like one emitter, so it counts as one for our purposes. I’m impressed. Looking at the description on Mouser didn’t impress me. But, getting 6006 lumens from ‘one’ emitter does! Thanks, Dale!

Thanks for the early tests, certainly impressive output!
Beam profile looks a tad donuty but hard to tell from that photo as to what it would look like in real life. Is that a smooth reflector?

Nice Justin, now I have to work on mine some more to focus the beam properly as you have there. :slight_smile:

I knew going in that it would be too high in the reflector. I was making the light for an MT-G2 when you pointed this emitter out. Having to modify the 31mm mcpcb to accept this larger footprint brought it up too much. I need to set it down at least a mm, maybe 2.

Your beam shot shows me it’s worth it.

Cree considers it “one” multi-die emitter.

Considering it was a hurry up thing, I think you could focus to get rid of it. That was at 4’ and yes, there’s a hint if a darl spot, but no worse than an MT-G2 does. The reflector is OP. I have no idea how a SMO reflector will do. I think once I get one into a Mag 2D, with the LED reflector and adjustment possibilities of the head, I can probably get it better, but time will tell.

I used .002" shim stock to make wider contacts and reflowed them on. Then I put some solder paste on the led and reflowed it on.

Way too blue for my taste, but once I put the reflector on it didn't look all that bad.

I think the dark spot can be removed with adjustment, but that's just white wall hunting. You will never see it out in the real world, unless your real world is white walls.

If my world some day becomes solitary confinement I will remember not to bring my XH-P70 lights