Cree XP E2 emitter 6200k 1D0 tint R3 bin - 0.40$/pc: MOQ 50pcs

I'm getting low on them already, they go everywhere :-)

Good to know that you have enough left !!

how much is the shipping to Egypt if i want to buy 40x PCs

Like 4$, but i have no idea about the shipping time, some countries have issues, shipping to Germany usualy takes 2-3 days, to US a week or smth, to Vietnam 2 months - i usualy send them priority with a trackig number

:slight_smile: The interesting fact is that we have here 20 of those working at 110 deg. C and 700ma already 6 months- 7% degradation

If you need more just say, i will sent some for free, you are one of the ppl here that contribute alot for the community, i value your efforts

Those are fading fast at 110C sustained use. Not that this should keep others from buying, but it looks like the max spec for the XPE2 emitter @700ma is 85C. Are the heat sinks/thermal path insufficient for the down lights you mentioned?.. just curious.

Lumen maintenance report on page 33:
http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/Cree/LED%20Components%20and%20Modules/XLamp/XLamp%20Application%20Notes/LM80_Results.pdf

Also, BUMP for a great deal! :bigsmile:

Actualy they are quite tought little emitters.
Nope, since we have tens of thousents installed here and there i just made a test board to see the degradation level

At 105 Cree claims for them to sustain 87-90% at 6k hours, in RL( the test board) they work at 105-110 and 680ma already 6 months now, Azunetek SM shows 92.8 % lumen maintenance( give or take 1%)

I made this cause we have many of those installed in street lamps and as you prolly know conditions there arent that emitter frendly, especialy summer time

We have issues though- on the new builded Romania -Bulgaria bridge they tent to die/degrade 200% faster, but prolly its caused by the hummidity( the bridge is over the Danube)

Sheesh! Thats a lot of sustained heat to contend with! Thanks for posting your results. In your hot area installations, do the drivers lack a thermal management input from the emitter mcpcb to throttle output when high temps are reached?

You’re the one member who has a lot of experience in outdoor area lighting that we can all learn from, and Ive enjoyed reading of your experiences. :bigsmile: Ive built a few larger outdoor floodlight arrays - 13 x XML and twin Bridgelux 10k lux COBs. Ive noted that the large genuine heavy duty Meanwell drivers seem to extend the lumen maintenance a good amount longer than the cheap Chinese drivers that all the resellers list who visit the forum. Maybe because the industrial Meanwell drivers deliver much cleaner power with less ripple. I also observe a typical power factor of 99-100% with the Meanwell drivers and usually only 60-65% with the other junk. Do you have any links about the the lights your company works with, or perhaps the ones you prefer?

One of my lights is a Fuzion, designed for high sustained ambient temps and utilizes 102 Nichia 219B’s. They told me they chose those emitters because they have a higher lumen maintenance at the sustained upper heat ranges than Cree or others manufacturers. I took it apart and noted that there was no thermal control management loop to the emitters. Link to my short joke thread about it.

Now with Cree’s XHP’s being marketed as being able to operate under much higher temperatures, it’ll be interesting to see how these hold up in the field. Has your company experimented with them yet?

Im getting ready to install a large lighting project for a friend and just received some interesting expensive new lights and IR dimming controllers from RAB. 15k lumen 150 watt wide area floodlights. The housings are large heavy cast aluminum works of art with a deeply finned passive updraft cooling design and weigh about 25 lbs each. They use 6 x COB’s (probably Bridgelux Vero series) and have easy access and a quick change socket to replace a COB if one fails. The most impressive aspect for me is in the cooling design. When the light reaches full operating temp in about 1.5 hours, heat can be felt radiating above the top vent while the light remains cool enough to hold without getting burned (ambient temp 95 F). Sorry I didint measure the actual housing, but probably below 125 F.

For those reading along, Mitko is punishing his emitters at sustained extreme temps, which should have little to no bearing on your purchase decision to stick them in your flashlights or other cooler running projects.

Sorry to muddy your sales thread. I can delete this and repost to a new thread if you’d prefer…. its interesting stuff and difficult to get any accurate feedback to how these expensive lights perform in the field!

interesting test setup.
you know this means we can beat on these things with impunity in a flashlight and not care.
i wonder how many leds here get even 100 hours on them before we upgrade them?
i look forward to the long term results of your test abuse project.

Nicha has one big problem: its not that polular in EU cause ot its price- yes, its a great emitter but even when ordered in mass its price is like 70- 90% above Cree`s

Plus…Cree and Phillpis now have extremely good offer, how does it sound: 1500lumen COB chip 4000k( CRI 85, R (like 75) altogether with the driver(220v one, Phillips( opes, meanwell :wink: ) for 7$?…you see, that price kills every competition when we talk of mass led lighting- and thats only 1 example

Yes, Meanwell are great drivers, reliable and cheap

snakebite - well, its not actualy an abuse, one have to know what should be expected from a product even when you “twist” it

Very insteresting.
How many LEDs do you know are on the bridge?

Got mine today - thanks a lot!!!

There are arround 650 left

Paypal send for 50 pieces.
ID: 6PA25544H39774602

Thanks!

Edit: now 600 left :bigsmile:

10x, will ship them tomorroy cause have to visit the PO anyway( TM 16 is waiting). WIll PM the tracking afterthat

PP sent as communicated via PM.
ID: 79T46298C4651563W

there are only arround 450 left( out of 4000 ) :wink:

You won’t get the xp-l v6 there was a thread on a while ago? I might be interested in buying some leds but not right now :bigsmile:

As i said in the other topic i have nothing to do with a whole reet m8 so ufortunately i have to gave that offer a stop. Those 2ds were good, great tint and running at 5.5amps….i hope that we can buy those freely in december

Hi Mitko, I would like another 20 of your XP-E2 0D leds for a little DIY led-swap workshop I will be giving this winter. I will send you a PM!

For you especialy since you are doing a great community work i have a Xmass interior godness emitter gift :wink:

no idea what that will be, but I'm looking forward to that!