Crelant 7G10 (MT-G2) 1860 Lumens Scorcher in stock

There is an instant medium available.

Now, that don’t sound so bad…now if i can see a review of this light.

Is this offered in a cool white?

Rusty,
5000k is the coolest MT-G2 that Cree makes (presently). It’s on the border between cool and neutral white. Cree markets the MT-G2 as “EasyWhite,” meaning the MT-G2 5000k tint bin is considerably smaller and more tightly controlled than Cree’s regular 5000k tint bins. IMO, the 4500k (more like ~4300k according to texaspyro) Nichia 219 that Old-Lumens uses is a true ‘neutral’ white. Hope that helps.
-Slim

Mark,

Can you say how long are you going to keep the price and the code working?

How are the 4x18650s physically installed?

Also, are they 2s2p?

All,

I’m guessing that everyone is implicitly comparing this to the SF S1100? Any idea how they would perform in the real-world?

The code will be valid for a little while.
two batteries are facing one direction, and two the other. The carrier fits in either direction. There are two negative springs on each end of the carrier and two positive contacts on each end.
I am running Xtar 18700’s in mine so I would imagine that almost any 18650 will fit.

I did check Xtar 3400’s and they fit easily in the carrier.

The reason for my question was I’m trying to determine how well (or unwell-) driven the emitter is. The CREE document has graphs showing current vs. “relative” liminousity, but there are graphs for different voltages, so want to know what voltage is present at the emitter.

Jim

Got ya, I don’t have the equipment to do any measurements.

I am really tempted on this one.It’s a tough sale though when I already have the new version TN31 and U3 BS Terminator.I would expect this to be between those two in performance.I am curious about the emmiter though.-Rick

I wish I could compare this light directly to one of my SRK’s (with 3 terroid driver). The price still seems rather expensive when compared to other lights that might perform better in the same category, and at 1/4th the price. Given what others have tested with this emitter, the reflector seems to small for mtg2.

Also, the math isnt quite adding up:

- Working voltage: 5.4V—12V DC

• Battery Types Supported: 4 x 18650

Has anyone come across a pic of the battery tube/carrier?

It would also be nice to know the actual cree part number for the emitter.

Here ya go Flash

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?288963-Crelant-7G10-using-Cree-MT-G2-led-and-generate-1860-lumens-will-be-released-next-week

Thanks makapuu!

This appears most likely to be 4S 16.8V or possibly 2S2P 8.4V. Now I wonder which voltage & version emitter they are using. I just noticed the OP reflector, which will hopefully iron out the difficulties in producing a good mtg2 white-wall-hunters beam in such a small-ish reflector. Most of the CPF crowd will demand it before putting it on their shelves to collect duct. :wink:

Just as several others have tried for proper focus with mtg2 mods, the reflector on this one still appears to remain slightly raised above the emitter. It looks like wasting a few lumens is still necessary until someone comes up with a proper reflector to focus this new emitter.
Things that make you go “hmmmm”… and want to read more :bigsmile:

My bets are still with a well driven SRK… good luck crelant.

Man, you guys are a really “tough audience” :)!!

been on the fence with this one over the weekend…

i think im going to wait for a review which i imagine will pop up shortly

Me too, jmpaul320.I had it in the cart ready for checkout last night but decided to wait.Guess we will see how long that last for me though! :wink: -Rick

MT-G2 in a 70mm reflector at only 3 amps slaughters, murders, annihilates a SRK. Not on a white wall, but in actual flashlight-being-used-as-a-flashlight duties.

I don't know where these myths of 'MT-G2 = floodiest flooder of flooodistan' came from. It throws. It just throws a massive fat beam of very pretty light. Or does something only count as 'a thrower' if it only projects a tiny little square postage stamp onto something too far away for you to even make out what you're aiming at?

(FlashPilot this isn't meant to be harsh on you in particular, it's just frustrating to see these urban legends get repeated so often that before long 'that's what everybody says so it must be true!')

post withdrawn

Think it’s in the 70k+ cd range.

Still waiting for a max driven light for this emitter in the 80-100mm head diameter range. :smiley:

Comparing this to the SRK is crazy. Yes, the 7G10 costs more. The Crelant has far superior build quality and UI. Can the SRK run anywhere between 1 lumen & max? Nope.

There is much more to lights than just max output… Just as there is much more to cars than peak horsepower.

The King may reign supreme for lumen-per-$, but the 7G10 is a better made light, with better controls, and a newer more cutting-edge emitter. Hence, the price.

I, for one, am glad to see this brought to market, and glad to see md-lightsource offering this great sale to us. If I had the cash I would strongly consider it.

Mark was wonderfully helpful & responsive on a recent Crelant purchase - I hope that we/he can get a light into someone’s hands for a good solid review…

Not that I need another light, but… this looks good and its on the (my) short list now alongside the SF thrower, the TN 31, BTU Shocker and the old standby SST-90 X6 from Trustfire.