Crelant 7G10 (MT-G2) 1860 Lumens Scorcher in stock

yep , i had it in the cart twice… this being one of the first mtg2 offerings i am very interested, almost to the point of just buying one to test and then either keep if i like it or sell if i dont… but i think we will see a lot of offerings from the mtg2 in the near future… something with a more “turbo” high might be interesting… maybe even in the 3.5-4a range… maybe with a bigger head/reflector etc… im thinking btu shocker size with a large 80mm+ size light OP reflector for a little bit more throw and increased mass for heatsinking

either way - i am very pleased to see the mtg2 making its way into production lights… maybe we will see some more options for drivers soon as well :slight_smile:

+1

There's lots of drivers that work fine, but two things: they aren't listed as 'MT-G2 drivers', and due to the LED being 6v that limits your workable battery configurations. I have yet to hear of anyone not able to get a plain (but, of course, not-crappy quality) buck driver to work with the MT as long as it's given the right input voltage.

Another big advantage over a SRK would be color rendition. The MGT2 group buy purchased the highest bin lowest CRI emitter (75 CRI average). That emitter absolutely trounces the xml2 t6 3c in color rendition. At least in my experience so far.

Several will be shipped out today.
Turbo BB should get one directly from Crelant and I will be sending one to Selfbuilt. The beam is really pretty nice. It has a nice soft hotspot and I can not see any imperfections on a wall. If the reflector was much larger I think it would be very ungainly to handle.

had this light in and out of cart few times but will have to wait on reviews first.

good looking light anyhow.

+1

I think most people just think of the next shelf queen where it does not matter anything except 2 things: throw or bomb lumens.

I can't measure lux/lumen/throw, and frankly I'm too lazy to measure draw, but I will post impressions about this light as soon as I get it, and especially in comparison to the SRK.

It was a tough buying choice considering the price point - more expensive than any other crelant I own, by nearly double. Still it does bring a new LED into the equation.

Those will be very interesting results to see - I love seeing the exact output and throw numbers. I'm hoping for something in the 80k range.

Id love nothing more than to see this bugger knock the crap out of a cheap stock SRK (with 3 terroid driver) in a fat beam direct comparison, but my bets at this time would still be placed with the SRK… hope Im wrong!

You all should “define the terms” for that beforehand, otherwise, will end up debating about whether it was actually knocked out…

It could be the allergies, but I'm positively itching to try out this light.

Expected delivery is 5/9.

I'm hoping that in terms of beam profile it will be somewhere between that of a TK75 and BS Terminator, though obviously not quite as bright as either of those.

I am shipping a few more in the morning, including a review sample to Selfbuilt.

I didn't get the 7G10 yet (come on USPS hurry up!) but I did play around a bit with the OldLumens modded EA8, with MTG2, also driven at 3A on max.

So congrats. You're wrong :D

Control - Please note, my camera does a remarkably good job of adjusting to low light. In reality without the flashlights, it's quite a bit darker, and with the flashlights, somewhat brighter than what you are seeing in these pictures.

SRK XMLU2

2nd SRK XML U2

Old Lumens EA8 Modded with MTG2

Old Lumens EA8 Modded with MTG2

According to Google Earth, the house you see all the way at the end is a a bit over 140 meters away.

Subjectively, outside, the EA8MTG2 outdoes the SRK in overall brightness. The SRK used in the pictures is the 7 or 8th one I've seen, one of five I've owned. It is in line with what SRK's put out.

The EA8MTG2 also easily outthrows the SRK, although it is far from a thrower.

The only area where SRK holds it's ground, is in flood up close.

I expect since the reflector on the 7G10 is bigger, and OP, the light will throw further, with a tighter cleaner beam. Still with lots of flood for close up work.

Crelant should be in today.

I'll try to add a couple more beamshots later tonight :D

Did anyone get this light yet?I am curious to see a review from someone here.-Rick

Several have shipped out. There are also review sample’s that have been sent out and those reviews should be on the web soon.
Turbo BB is getting one and so is Selfbuilt.

Vid review is uploading and will be ready in a few minutes (so check back later if it's not loading):

http://youtu.be/-fEu6JxAoIk][video:YouTube

Very impressive review, very nice light. Thanks guys.

Will be very interesting to see how these are accepted in the BLF world, now on to the natural comparison w the new SF MT-G2 and what to match it up against out in the field: Fenix, Thrunite, BTU?

Input voltage of only 6-8.4v with a 6v LED should be a deal breaker. Actual Vf at 3+ amps will be significantly above the 'rated' 6 volts.