Crelant V4A

Yesterday,I received a new luxmeter,one with a coil spring type of cable between the meter and the sensor,and measured again my Crelant V4A with it,after I had charged to full the 4 Eneloop Pro batteries.This time I put the luxmeter, 6m away.
The result is the same,as with the other luxmeter I had used before,ie 34000cd.
So,either my light is defective,or the manufacturer lies,as he says in his leaflet,68382cd which corresponds to 523m.
Any suggestion?

Maybe the LED in your light isn’t very well centered. Does the hot spot look crisp and round?

Another possible option, though unlikely, is that your light isn’t being driven as hard. If you get good output for more than 1 hour on regular Eneloops (1900mAh), then it may be the driver is under-powering your light, or there’s some other resistance in it.

You should definitely be getting more than 34k candela on fresh batteries. Maybe not 64k or whatever, but something in the 50k range.

Thank you WalkIntoTheLight,I’ll try to check.

Since this light is difficult to measure current-usage on, I’ve been running some long-term battery drain tests on my light, to test parasitic stand-by drain.

It’s not very good. I estimate the standy-by drain is about 0.7 mA. That’s about 100x higher than some of my lights, and about 10x higher than I expected.

In 4 months, your batteries will be dead, if you use a set of standard Eneloops. Okay, that’s not horrible, but it does mean this light shouldn’t be stored with batteries if you expect to use it only infrequently. This is a light meant to be used, and batteries charged fairly regularly.

Due to the difficultly in locking this light out reliably, there isn’t really a good work-around for the standby drain.