Current Best Single 18650 thrower

[/quote]

Hi Kramer, I have the 2x18650 version of this light. The reflector itself is about 48mm and taking into account the complete external diameter with the stainless bezel, it's 55mm. Although this light throws well and has decent brightness, on HIGH mode it only draws .78a. So it's no powerhouse at all. I only purchased it because I liked the looks of it and not to be blown away by it. I'm curious to hear your impressions of your 1x18650 version when it arrives.

[/quote]

Sure I'll post up some pics and comments to go with it. Might make a good candidate for a 7135 board then, either that or just use it as a cool running constant-ON task utility kind of light. It doesn't really look big /heavy enough to sink a lot of heat anyways.... but we'll see when I get it.

I like looks too, although I dont like that shiny metal tube. I might have to get a little creative with paracord or rubber mountain bike grips.

Wow some great aspheric pics fellas!!

Hey Kramer, sounds good. Also, my solution to hide the shiny stainless tube may not be the best, but it's sure comfortable to hold. I used one of my spare foam handgrips from an electric bicycle project I was working on.

*koff* BEADBLASTING *koff*

Actually, I have a media blast cabinet. I should give it a try. Thanks for the idea, Chicago

Been out for a few years, so whats the current best single 18650 thrower? Thanks for the feedbacks

UF-1504 Zoomie Flashlight
Pretty hard to beat with a XP-G2 in it.
UF-1504, 1503, 1505 - multiple LED’s tested for throw

Best:

BLF D80
or BLF X6

Longest Throw: (non-zoom)

Convoy C8 [de-domed]
XinTD C8 [XP-G2]

EDIT: Dunno what happened. I coulda sworn I posted the XinTD originally along with “[de-domed]” to differentiate the Convoy C8 from the stock version. Oh, well … added back on now. :-/

The C8 with an XPG2 de-domed with a SMO is a pencil-beamed awesome thrower. Well beyond stock C8.

Phil

Olight Javelot M2X-UT

Non-budget, but will kick a c8 any day of the week.

I thought I posted the XinTD C8 [XP-G2]. I don’t know - maybe I just previewed it.

And I properly linked to the Convoy C8 XM-L2 de-domed that RMM sells, but, again, the label “[de-domed]” failed to post.

I went back and corrected these omissions, just now.

Between the two, XM-L2 [de-domed] and XP-G2, I’m not sure which one throws further.

I agree with you that if the user were to take the effort of de-doming the XP-G2, that it would throw much farther.

Re-read the OP. :wink:

The Javelot is a two-cell flashlight.

EDIT: I stand corrected, see below.

I was replying to Ian2381’s current post, rather than the one from 2012…… >:-/

Same requirement. O:-)

Show me how to fit 2*18650’s into that :wink:

My apologies. I stand corrected.

Yes its maybe the best( at least one of) “as is” 1s thrower atm on the market yet i wont bet on this, especialy vs modded XPG2 C8

And it aint budget- for the M2x money i could build 3 C8s better than M2X( with at least 15%)…not to mention they make those M2X with a cool white emitter by default, XPL HI too……barely reaching 130k mcds by default, what a shame!
Plus its latest revisions dont work well with a single 18650, barely reaching 2.5amps tail current - it need “tunning”

So, C8 fwt!

X6 could be a great thrower too, Also B158, Brinyte S28, why not even L2- Its kinda heavy for all arround use though

Actualy maybe B158 is the best buy here, but it needs modding, and its a zoomy

+1
I have the M2X-UT too and it definitely out throws the BLF D80 and Kronos X6 that I have. All stock without modifications, so my comparison is for factory units.
It’s on different price point though and the twist-head UI is kinda PITA

How far does that TF X9 throw?

I have a BLF D80, Thorfire C8 and Convoy C8 , all have been modded but nothing that was really very hard.

The D80 has the least amount of throw and it is making 400 plus yards. I just swapped the driver with a standard FET and used a 20mm Noctigon with a XP-L HI V2 3D, and spring bypass at both ends, making 5.2 amps at the tail.

Here is the D80 at my 400 yard marker (farthest little white spec in center of shot) and the same picture enlarged a little.

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. Actually ordered several parts mostly XPL hi emitters and 3 amp driver and a uniquefire 504. The flashlight bug hit me big time again.
Would anyone know how much throw a convoy c8 could do in meters using 3amp driver and xpl hi or xpg2 dedomed? Thanks

Hard wire and direct drive no need for stinkin modes in a thrower.