Current Best Single 18650 thrower

Same requirement. O:-)

Show me how to fit 2*18650ā€™s into that :wink:

My apologies. I stand corrected.

Yes its maybe the best( at least one of) ā€œas isā€ 1s thrower atm on the market yet i wont bet on this, especialy vs modded XPG2 C8

And it aint budget- for the M2x money i could build 3 C8s better than M2X( with at least 15%)ā€¦not to mention they make those M2X with a cool white emitter by default, XPL HI tooā€¦ā€¦barely reaching 130k mcds by default, what a shame!
Plus its latest revisions dont work well with a single 18650, barely reaching 2.5amps tail current - it need ā€œtunningā€

So, C8 fwt!

X6 could be a great thrower too, Also B158, Brinyte S28, why not even L2- Its kinda heavy for all arround use though

Actualy maybe B158 is the best buy here, but it needs modding, and its a zoomy

+1
I have the M2X-UT too and it definitely out throws the BLF D80 and Kronos X6 that I have. All stock without modifications, so my comparison is for factory units.
Itā€™s on different price point though and the twist-head UI is kinda PITA

How far does that TF X9 throw?

I have a BLF D80, Thorfire C8 and Convoy C8 , all have been modded but nothing that was really very hard.

The D80 has the least amount of throw and it is making 400 plus yards. I just swapped the driver with a standard FET and used a 20mm Noctigon with a XP-L HI V2 3D, and spring bypass at both ends, making 5.2 amps at the tail.

Here is the D80 at my 400 yard marker (farthest little white spec in center of shot) and the same picture enlarged a little.

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. Actually ordered several parts mostly XPL hi emitters and 3 amp driver and a uniquefire 504. The flashlight bug hit me big time again.
Would anyone know how much throw a convoy c8 could do in meters using 3amp driver and xpl hi or xpg2 dedomed? Thanks

Hard wire and direct drive no need for stinkin modes in a thrower.

3A? That's pretty low for today's standards, and not many are doing regulated drivers to achieve max throw, for sure. It's a FET world now...

I'd guess-timate 55-70 kcd for a XPL HI, higher for a de-domed XP-G2, maybe 90-110 kcd. A fully modded 3.85A C8 with a XM-L2 U2 1A on copper, UCL or AR lens, does bout 50 kcd. Dropping amps, adding throw for maybe a slightly higher bin LED, plus the "HI" factor could make up a bit for the low amps, assuming you got a good lens and the XPL HI on copper.

I regularly gotten 100 kcd on a fully modded C8 (FET driver) with a de-domed XM-L2.

Dong the math, in meters: 50 kcd = 447 meters, 70 kcd = 529 meters, 100 kcd = 632 meters

not budget whatsoever, but i think it would have to be the eagletac m25c2 turbo.
theres also the smaller version that throws like crazy tooā€¦m25c2

but as for budget, a convoy c8 with ar lens, buck driver, dedomed xpg2, and mods.

In reflector world there is nothing that can beat this 16340/18650(swap able tubes) light in size/performance ratio (350kcd, XPG2S4, FET driver) :

And in aspherical world it is this flashlight. Uniquefire 1508 with 75mm head

What is the reflectored light in your first pic?

Hi,

that is a Lumapower D-Mini VX2 with Turbo Force Head. FET Driver in this light is a pretty hard setup :wink:

Regards

Kenjii

Yes I deliberately did not wrote flashlight model :wink:

It looks like i need to read more on FET drivers. Hopefully its not something expensive as dont have budget as of the moment.

If you got to have modes check out the BLF driver.

Have to say Iā€™m a little disappointed with these drivers. I bought 3 of them and 2 of them donā€™t work correctly. They sometimes fail to turn on, or mode switch, then work fine, then flicker.

I thought it was the torches I was putting them in causing it, but it wasnā€™t.

Iā€™ve also had issues that when they get hot they stop mode switching, my BLF A6 does the same thing with itā€™s factory fitted driver.

Conceptually they should be great, but Iā€™m hesitant to order more at the moment.

Do you know if the X5/X6 driver will be made available too? I like the fact I can switch the mode order to start on high with those.

Me like, me like, ME LIKE A HELL OFFA LOT!!!

Great light with ashtonishing performance, nice!

grtz
Nico

Is there any alternative fet driver lke the BLF that has no issues? was thinking
Of getting 2 of those.