Current Best Single 18650 thrower

Not so "nice", but moddable. That was 1280HUF = $5.5 on a hungarian auction site.

something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqpmqDEQOcw

Thanks for link,I think this bezel of this host is 62mm

But DX aspheric lens is about 66-67mm and bezel will be about 70-72 mm

So It fit with this host? or maybe you lathe a bezel to cover lens?

Hi Kramer, I have the 2x18650 version of this light. The reflector itself is about 48mm and taking into account the complete external diameter with the stainless bezel, it's 55mm. Although this light throws well and has decent brightness, on HIGH mode it only draws .78a. So it's no powerhouse at all. I only purchased it because I liked the looks of it and not to be blown away by it. I'm curious to hear your impressions of your 1x18650 version when it arrives.

The best throwing single cell light I own is my Romisen RC-T601 from Shiningbeam. I have the old model and I hear the new model he has is even better. Less than $30. Will it throw as far as my best throwers, Olight M3X and Fenix T41? No. But it's better by quite a bit than my other throw lights and throws far enough that I don't feel a lacking need for more when I'm using it.

Harbor freight has this 109 LED light with a gigantic head just begging for a huge aspheric. The specs don't say lens diameter but I'm guessing between 3.5"-4". All aluminum with a side-clicky and it takes 3*AA cells in a fat body. $18 right now.

have to grind down the outer border of the lens, and because of the big focal lenght, I had to put the lens to the top of the original bezel, and I made a new protective bezel...

I have this host and 75mm aspheric lens from DX too.

But DX 75mm lens is very poor quality.

Left 75mm lens with 109LED host, Right 66mm lens

haha, you are a real modder, and you find the best hosts :)

I also have one of this.

[/quote]

Hi Kramer, I have the 2x18650 version of this light. The reflector itself is about 48mm and taking into account the complete external diameter with the stainless bezel, it's 55mm. Although this light throws well and has decent brightness, on HIGH mode it only draws .78a. So it's no powerhouse at all. I only purchased it because I liked the looks of it and not to be blown away by it. I'm curious to hear your impressions of your 1x18650 version when it arrives.

[/quote]

Sure I'll post up some pics and comments to go with it. Might make a good candidate for a 7135 board then, either that or just use it as a cool running constant-ON task utility kind of light. It doesn't really look big /heavy enough to sink a lot of heat anyways.... but we'll see when I get it.

I like looks too, although I dont like that shiny metal tube. I might have to get a little creative with paracord or rubber mountain bike grips.

Wow some great aspheric pics fellas!!

Hey Kramer, sounds good. Also, my solution to hide the shiny stainless tube may not be the best, but it's sure comfortable to hold. I used one of my spare foam handgrips from an electric bicycle project I was working on.

*koff* BEADBLASTING *koff*

Actually, I have a media blast cabinet. I should give it a try. Thanks for the idea, Chicago

Been out for a few years, so whats the current best single 18650 thrower? Thanks for the feedbacks

UF-1504 Zoomie Flashlight
Pretty hard to beat with a XP-G2 in it.
UF-1504, 1503, 1505 - multiple LED’s tested for throw

Best:

BLF D80
or BLF X6

Longest Throw: (non-zoom)

Convoy C8 [de-domed]
XinTD C8 [XP-G2]

EDIT: Dunno what happened. I coulda sworn I posted the XinTD originally along with “[de-domed]” to differentiate the Convoy C8 from the stock version. Oh, well … added back on now. :-/

The C8 with an XPG2 de-domed with a SMO is a pencil-beamed awesome thrower. Well beyond stock C8.

Phil

Olight Javelot M2X-UT

Non-budget, but will kick a c8 any day of the week.

I thought I posted the XinTD C8 [XP-G2]. I don’t know - maybe I just previewed it.

And I properly linked to the Convoy C8 XM-L2 de-domed that RMM sells, but, again, the label “[de-domed]” failed to post.

I went back and corrected these omissions, just now.

Between the two, XM-L2 [de-domed] and XP-G2, I’m not sure which one throws further.

I agree with you that if the user were to take the effort of de-doming the XP-G2, that it would throw much farther.

Re-read the OP. :wink:

The Javelot is a two-cell flashlight.

EDIT: I stand corrected, see below.

I was replying to Ian2381’s current post, rather than the one from 2012…… >:-/