Current Best Single 18650 thrower

I built a C8 for a friend with XP-L HI V2 3D and 3 amp Qlite with OP reflector. Measured with a Dr Meter 1330B at 3 meters I get 66 Kcd. I realize this may be a little high as the meter hasn’t been properly calibrated but out in the dark it’s easily showing 300 meters.

How about the Eagletac M25C2 Turbo?

I just ordered a BLF A6 driver. Has anyone knows how the throw differs using this as compared to the 3amp qlite driver in the same light like the convoy c8. Thanks

I also have a C8 direct drive XP-L HI light with this driver and I can tell you it has tons more throw than the 3 amp Qlite. At 5.2 amps (yeah I know, gotta work on that) I’m getting 110 Kcd for 660ish meters. In the real world at night, I can light 500 meters enough to see.

Edit: If you’re going to run DD you need a top notch battery with low internal resistance and bypass both springs. My best performer so far is the Samsung 30Q.

+1

Perfect Superthrower! Sadly discontinued …

Though maybe they were discontinued since I am seeing less dealers have them. Now I have to buy one since I have wanted one for a couple of years and the supply is drying up. Can buy one locally for $125 plus 7% tax, so $133.75. Any better deals around on the Eagletac M25C2 Turbo?

Same price, free shipping: “[GoingGear]”:EagleTac M25C2 Turbo 2 x CR123/1 x 18650 CREE XM-L2 980 Lumen LED Flas

I think you save on the tax, though.

Thanks, that’s the same store I was speaking of that is local. I would have to pay sales tax.

Just FYI. Have a modded MX-2 Javelot by DB Customs with a dedomed xpg2 that puts out 265Kcd. Awesome single 18650 thrower with 4 modes. It will out throw my stock TN32 which is no slouch. He hit it outta the park with this small torch. Love it!!!